Who Would You Trust More?

Who do you trust the most?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trust will be a big issue in the next election. I am interested as the Liberal numbers have leveled off how much people really care about trust.

Are we now at a point where we accept the lies and stealing?

Martin: Forget about it.

Layton: I trust him to run this country into the ground given the chance. :)

Harper: I believe him to be the politician with the most integrity.

Clement: The impression I get from him up to now is that he is worthy of placing my trust at this point.

Stronach: Hard to trust someone who does not appear to have a working knowledge of major issues.

Harper is a pious weasel who would move us further up Uncle Sam's sphincter than Martin could ever dream. the PM is a corrupt robber baron, Stronach a dilletente who would be nowhere without daddy (similar to Martin in that respect), Clement...ah who cares about him.

So it's Jack, with his commitment to fiscal responsibility, social progress and democratic reform, all the way. :D

Black Dog,

It is not fiscally responsible to tax the heck out of our own businesses and drive them out of the country. Kyoto is not fiscally responsible. Getting out of fossil fuels before we have alternatives is not fiscally responsible.

Socially progressive is not enforcing a secular view on all the religious communities in Canada.

Democratic reform is not likely with Layton. He won’t have time or the money after messing up the first to pillars so badly.

That is not to say I don't trust him to do what he says he will do. I just don't think it will work.

Black Dog,

It is not fiscally responsible to tax the heck out of our own businesses and drive them out of the country. Kyoto is not fiscally responsible. Getting out of fossil fuels before we have alternatives is not fiscally responsible.

Socially progressive is not enforcing a secular view on all the religious communities in Canada.

Democratic reform is not likely with Layton. He won’t have time or the money after messing up the first to pillars so badly.

That is not to say I don't trust him to do what he says he will do. I just don't think it will work.

Well, it's a damn good thing none of those fears are part of NDP policy. ;)

I wouldn't trust Jack "I'll sleep with Paul Martin for the right price" Laidup with change for 50 cents.

It takes a total clown like that doofus to make Liberals look merely moderately asinine.

Jack's a pragmatist. Sometimes you have to make compromises in order to serve the greater good. if climbining into the sack with the Libs helps get the NDP's democratic reforms (such as PR) through, and keeps the Reublicons out, so be it.

Maplesyrup

We don't know for sure what the issues will be in the next election. It may revolve around tolerance.

I Really expect the Liberals to attempt to make tolerance an issue. In other words they will try to make out that the Conservative party is intolerant of gays, bilingualism, immigrants, free health care, blah blah.

The Conservatives are not intolerant, they simply have positions on issues and are happy to state them. It is called integrity and this will be the real focus of the campaign.

I Really expect the Liberals to attempt to make tolerance an issue.

The Liberal strategy is to make Paul Martin, front and centre, the main guy. Canadians will not be asked to vote Liberal, but rather for the Paul Martin Team. There'll be no mention of tolerance because that's negative. (Anti-Alliance/Tory.) If the Liberals mention tolerance, it will mean they're in trouble, or desperate.

The Liberals are confident. They'll run on a + campaign, not a - campaign.

I wouldn't trust Jack "I'll sleep with Paul Martin for the right price" Laidup with change for 50 cents.

It takes a total clown like that doofus to make Liberals look merely moderately asinine.

<_<

What Layton is doing is very smart: If the Liberals are stupid enough to go with the NDP as a coalition partner, PR will really screw the Liberals and (especially) the Bloc over, giving the NDP more power (and the CPC, which I believe irritates Layton less than the Liberals do) in the long-term.

It's about goddamn time.

Maplesyrup a reality check.

It is not smearing the Liberals when they are corupt.

Too much evidence to list.

We are only talking about a change in Government because the Liberals have been cought.

its too bad that "trust" has nothing to do with it. as i mentioned in another article... a recent study of the californian electorate found that when blinded to political party support, voters consistently picked policies supported by democrats. when asked who they voted for... they said republican!

also part of the study showed that neo-conservatives have are thirty years ahead by spending billions on think tanks and media infrastructure. too bad that they can't help a fanatic like bush get back in no matter how hard they try to make people trust him!

the lesson is... vote for policies not the face!

harper's web site states that they support regressive taxation (where the less someone make the more as a percentage of their income they pay in taxes). today in the news he states that he is a fan of the u.s. medical system.

we don't have to attract corporations to canada! its a lie! we can create our own corporations! the u.s. and britian entertain two percent foreign ownership while we have 35%! all of our nations wealth leaving the country!

harper's web site states that they support regressive taxation (where the less someone make the more as a percentage of their income they pay in taxes). today in the news he states that he is a fan of the u.s. medical system.

So Harper is going to turn Canada into the 52nd state???

And he has the highest percentage of trust amongst those who have logged on here?

ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MIND???? :angry:

Hiti

Can you show me the the news article that suggests Harper is a fan of US medical system.

If it is the one I read by Robert Fife, well your out of your mind.

Harper was aksed if his mom was sick and he was Prime Minister would he pay to have her treated in the US.

His response was what everyone would say, " I can understand the temptation to have her treated but as Prime Minister you just can't do that". An honest answer from a person of integrity.

Not the BS Tony spewed forth, "well it is the only health system we have." Sorry buddy but a hell of alot of Canadians with BLING, BLING, already give in to temptation by making sure their loved ones get what they need by paying for it. Don't insult our collective intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

So it's Jack, with his commitment to fiscal responsibility, social progress and democratic reform, all the way

Not likely ! Say no to Jack no NDP government this country is to smart for that!

We would become a third world country, if Jack layton was leader and Prime Minister.

We would have no money left ! I am going to vote PC :rolleyes: