John McCain's Temper is "Uncontrollable"

An interesting documentary short has been released about the many instances where John McCain lost his temper in public. I think one of the most important traits in a president--more important than likability, experience, past acquaintances, or even ideology--is a calm temperment. McCain said himself we need an even hand at the tiller, and in that respect, the evidence suggests he simply doesn't measure up.

You don't think your responses are predictable, even after you've repeated them (judging from your post count) literally thousands of times?

Actually, they are relentless....I particularly love to volly back at the wannabe posers like you who invoke "we" or "us".

This tack isn't working....maybe you should try Cindy McCain cracks again.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This article was pretty funny, describing how he completely lost it when a woman touched his arm at a craps table.

"McCain immediately turned to the woman and said between clenched teeth: 'DON'T TOUCH ME.' The woman started to explain...McCain interrupted her: 'DON'T TOUCH ME,' he repeated viciously. The woman again tried to explain. 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO?' McCain continued, his voice rising and his hands now raised in the 'bring it on' position. He was red-faced. By this time all the action at the table had stopped. I was completely shocked. McCain had totally lost it, and in the space of about ten seconds. 'Sir, you must be courteous to the other players at the table,' the pit boss said to McCain. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? ASK ANYBODY AROUND HERE WHO I AM."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/09/r...i_n_133242.html

One thing we don't need to do is have the nuclear codes entrusted to someone who can't even handle the most insignificant confrontation without going off the handle.

But the whole MSM is supposedly biased against McCain. I guess that's one way to try to keep anyone from discussing how unfit he is for office. :lol:

It's a non starter...and very low on the personal attacks pecking order. Fitness (of any kind) is not a required qualification, or FDR would never have been elected either. Your irrational fears about the "nuclear codes" bogeyman is born not only of McCain bias, but ignorance of how the National Command Authority works for nuclear weapons release.

Fitness, however, is an important factor in determining whom to vote for, and John McCain's campaign is increasingly showing he simply doesn't have the character to lead us.

But I agree that, to some extent, it is a non-starter, but its irrelevance is only because McCain will never be president.

I've read about his temper but more important I think is his health. McCain has had cancer four times and it will come back again and again. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back soon after this election is over because of the stress. Having said that, do you really think Palin can be president in every sense of the word? I think a woman could but she not that woman. McCain only picked her because she was a WOMAN not because he thought she make a good VP or president. His first choice was Joe Liberman (sp?)but because he was jewish he want any backlash from the country. He should have picked Joe.

Let's first realize, that John McCain is the only candidate who's really fought FOR YOU. God bless him.

And yet, you probably strongly approved of the purple heart bandaids Republicans used in 2004 to mock John Kerry's war wounds. So it's God bless the soldiers in uniform that you agree with.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest American Woman
An interesting documentary short has been released about the many instances where John McCain lost his temper in public. I think one of the most important traits in a president--more important than likability, experience, past acquaintances, or even ideology--is a calm temperment. McCain said himself we need an even hand at the tiller, and in that respect, the evidence suggests he simply doesn't measure up.

Evidently it runs in the family. McCain's brother actually called 911 to inquire about a traffic jam he was stuck in, and then swore when they asked him if he was calling to complain about traffic. He then called the police who gave and got the same reaction.

link

And yet, you probably strongly approved of the purple heart bandaids Republicans used in 2004 to mock John Kerry's war wounds. So it's God bless the soldiers in uniform that you agree with.

But there is indeed a BIG DIFFERENCE between McCain's and Kerry's war wounds, isn't there?

I'm not going to speculate since I was not there to witness it first hand....and I don't think you were there too.

I'd take what their own peers has to say about it. Kerry's peers, if I'm not mistaken, has something quite unflattering accounts about him (in fact that's where the mocking began)....whereas McCain's peers definitely look up to him as a hero.

It's one thing to "play up" war wounds in an attempt to depict one's self as a hero and it's quite another to simply state facts about one's heroic efforts.

Edited by betsy

But there is indeed a BIG DIFFERENCE between McCain's and Kerry's war wounds, isn't there?

I'm not going to speculate since I was not there to witness it first hand....and I don't think you were there too.

I'd take what their own peers has to say about it. Kerry's peers, if I'm not mistaken, has something quite unflattering accounts about him (in fact that's where the mocking began)....whereas McCain's peers definitely look up to him as a hero.

It's one thing to "play up" war wounds in an attempt to depict one's self as a hero and it's quite another to simply state facts about one's heroic efforts.

Yes, and McCain has been "playing up" his war wounds without shame. As for McCain's peers, no, many don't look up to him at all: http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

But I find it the the worst hypocracy to claim to honour service and then mock those who have served.

Yes, and McCain has been "playing up" his war wounds without shame.

It is quite appropriate for him to remind us about his heroic deeds, after all he is applying for a job.

When you go for job interviews....don't you make sure to focus on the skills that will be most useful to your future employer?

So yes, why should he be ashamed to mention that? After all the US is still at war!

There is no shame is spelling out his skills and his loyalty to his country....especially his loyalty which was proven by the previous war, after all he is applying for the position of Commander In Chief and President.

Edited by betsy

So why was it inaapropriate for Kerry and appropriate for Republicans to mock the medals he got for war wounds?

Because he threw them on the White House lawn and consorted with the enemy in Paris while in the reserves. Then there was the Congressional hearing.....words he would regret later.