Palin - Biden Debate

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would explain it.....Joe is getting Palinized! :lol:

It's really quite interesting that the female personal is utlitized by males to serve their purpose. Take Rona Ambrose with the big hair and that sexy tom boy demenor. She had me loving her and supporting her in no time - but in the end she was empty....political engineers are fully aware of the female force - most men are sucks....and most will be seduced - Much like the creepy fellows that supported the feminist movement - and once they took control of the males by using the females they stepped in to screw you at the last second - cut throat symbolic sodomist opportunists if you ask me - Ouch - that hurt....I think I have just be Palinized...you would think she would use a lubricant. :P

Guest American Woman
{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

BIDEN 24% 15,931

PALIN 74% 49,830

NEITHER 2% 1,376

Total Votes: 67,137

Is that another "breaking story?" :rolleyes:

Drudge is a blog, not a news outlet, and as such it would be comparable to quoting a poll from Michael Moore's web site. One expects Drudge readers to be totally in favor of McCain and Michael Moore readers to be totally in favor of Obama. The CNN results, on the other hand, are actually interesting.

Is that another "breaking story?"

Drudge is a blog, not a news outlet, and as such it would be comparable to quoting a poll from Michael Moore's web site. One expects Drudge readers to be totally in favor of McCain and Michael Moore readers to be totally in favor of Obama. The CNN results, on the other hand, are actually interesting.

No.....it's just another online poll..just like CNN.....yuck-yuck-yuck!

Guest American Woman
No.....it's just another online poll..just like CNN.....yuck-yuck-yuck!

Of course you'd say it's "just another online poll" -- because Palin isn't faring well in it. ;) But I'll remember that line of 'thought' should I ever be dumb enough to present Michael Moore's site as comparable to a large media network. B)

I recorded this debate on my PC so I'll have to watch it later and form a judgment but it seems I can make two first conclusions.

1. The CBC report is that voters choose presidents and don't decide by VP debates. IOW, I conclude that Palin must have done well.

2. I saw a few clips and Biden's hair transplant made him look like an old-style, glad-handing, Willie Stark line politician. Palin, OTOH, seemed to be the politician of the future.

Guest American Woman
I saw a few clips and Biden's hair transplant made him look like an old-style, glad-handing, Willie Stark line politician.

Once again, the only "criticism" a Righty can find is to go for the looks. :lol:

The CBC report is that voters choose presidents and don't decide by VP debates. IOW, I conclude that Palin must have done well.

As for the CBC's comment, that's what all the media outlets I read were saying-- before the debate. In other words, it had nothing to do with how well either of them did.

Of course you'd say it's "just another online poll" -- because Palin isn't faring well in it. ;) But I'll remember that line of 'thought' should I ever be dumb enough to present Michael Moore's site as comparable to a large media network. B)

News schmews....it's still the same unscientific method that kimmy correctly pointed out as worthless. Hell, Drudge got thousands more "hits" than CNN for the poll.....Ha!

Guest American Woman
News schmews....it's still the same unscientific method that kimmy correctly pointed out as worthless. Hell, Drudge got thousands more "hits" than CNN for the poll.....Ha!

Sure it did. Because Republicans typically head to a site where their views will be validated, and I'm guessing more than a few Dems went to some similar liberal site. Since I don't find such sites 'valid news sources' or anything other than completely partisan, I don't frequent them; therefore, I went to CNN instead of a Michael Moore type site because I was truly interested in what the mainstream reaction was. Furthermore, I posted it because it was "interesting," not as a "worthy scientific method." :rolleyes: Both of your reactions are quite telling, though. (Can you say "sour grapes?") Furthermore, if y'all find the poll so unworthy, perhaps you should stop responding to posts about it. B)

Palin had a better than decent performance.

The pundents keep saying that palin did well because she didn't blunder. Did we even see the same debate. It was almost as if palin brought a set of cue cards and was trying to match them to the questions asked. half the time you had to stop and try to remember what question they asked her. She really dodged around, especially with the nuclear question.

Now joe didn't exactly sweep up either (it was rather boring), but i felt he held it together pretty well, and was a little easier to listen to.

.... Both of your reactions are quite telling, though. (Can you say "sour grapes?") Furthermore, if y'all find the poll so unworthy, perhaps you should stop responding to posts about it. B)

Why, when such a perfect mocking opportunity presents itself.....any rube who would post the results of an online poll deserves another! :lol:

I recorded it while watching the Canadian debate, and will watch later. My hunch is that expectations for Palin have been set so low that once again peoples views of how well Palin did will be artificially inflated.

Another thing is that different viewers respond to different things.

Without having seen the debate, my hunch is that Biden had a much better grasp of technical issues and background while Palin was probably "reg'lar folksy". What connects with viewers and voters tends to be a matter of personal preference.

-

....Without having seen the debate, my hunch is that Biden had a much better grasp of technical issues and background while Palin was probably "reg'lar folksy". What connects with viewers and voters tends to be a matter of personal preference.

Close....but both candidates made mistakes with budget math and names. As you suggest, Palin did far better than expected, easily going the distance against Biden with her energy (pun intended). Biden stayed on target (McCain), while Palin took on Biden and Obama.

Main street America is really pissed off right now at all these Washington rascals because of the "bail out" fiasco, so Palin can get away with a lot more free swinging. Her biting "Church Lady" sarcasm is very endearing to some, but not all.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman
The pundents keep saying that palin did well because she didn't blunder. Did we even see the same debate. It was almost as if palin brought a set of cue cards and was trying to match them to the questions asked. half the time you had to stop and try to remember what question they asked her. She really dodged around, especially with the nuclear question.

Now joe didn't exactly sweep up either (it was rather boring), but i felt he held it together pretty well, and was a little easier to listen to.

I mostly agree with your take on it. Palin even indicated at one point, when there was a comment made that she didn't answer the question, that she'd answer the way she wanted. In other words, she'd talk about whatever she wanted in spite of what the question actually was. She came across better than she has in interviews, though, because there was the feeling that she had her 'script' and she wasn't going to deviate from it-- and there was no one pressing the actual points being asked about.

I mostly agree with your take on it. Palin even indicated at one point, when there was a comment made that she didn't answer the question, that she'd answer the way she wanted. In other words, she'd talk about whatever she wanted in spite of what the question actually was. She came across better than she has in interviews, though, because there was the feeling that she had her 'script' and she wasn't going to deviate from it-- and there was no one pressing the actual points being asked about.

Let's not fool ourselves here. Politicians NEVER answer the question asked to them. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll give Palin points for at least admitting it.

Edited by CANADIEN