Beer goggles really do work

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Anyone looking for a mate in a bar, take note: Beer goggles really do make people appear more attractive, British researchers say.

Scientists at the University of Bristol found that study subjects who consumed alcohol considered people to be about 10 per cent more attractive than did people who did not consume alcohol.

The researchers asked 84 subjects to drink a lime-favoured beverage that either contained alcohol or did not.

The amount of alcohol equalled a large glass of wine or one-and-a-half pints of beer.

I guess it proves the conventional wisdom.

Edited by jdobbin

I hope they didnt get funding for that study because I would be pissed . They could have given me some of that money and I would show them that this is true. Pics and all. I did go to University so I kind of know.

And men are as bad as women in the beer goggle dept. Of course the women dont brag about it like the men.

I hope they didnt get funding for that study because I would be pissed . They could have given me some of that money and I would show them that this is true. Pics and all. I did go to University so I kind of know.

And men are as bad as women in the beer goggle dept. Of course the women dont brag about it like the men.

One look at me and the story is proved.

Now what would be impressive is if they could make a pair of them goggles that would make them look good in the morning or atleast until you've made your escape.....Hey K-tel would make a killing, for 29.99 you to could own your beer goggles...

Guest American Woman

What's funny about this thread is that the "beer goggles" seem to work for the person wearing them, too. I've noticed that people who are a bit on the tipsy side seem to have an exaggerated sense of their own good looks, too. So to add to the advice to 'not turn on the lights,' I'd say 'don't look in the mirror, either.' :P Chances are both the girl and they guy are thinking the other isn't quite as hot as they were last night.

What's funny about this thread is that the "beer goggles" seem to work for the person wearing them, too. I've noticed that people who are a bit on the tipsy side seem to have an exaggerated sense of their own good looks, too. So to add to the advice to 'not turn on the lights,' I'd say 'don't look in the mirror, either.' :P Chances are both the girl and they guy are thinking the other isn't quite as hot as they were last night.

Too true !

Of course the more anyone drinks the better they are in the sack since they cant remember anyway.

And if you cant remember, then you were really good.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You'd think that with an IQ of 140 my penis would be better at convincing women to go home with me....

Making love in a drunken stupor is not the best way to start a relationship. Things being so up tight these days and men and woman being so fearful and restricted emotionally ---- well better than not....Gin googles work also...what works the very best is to be up beat and happy - no one wants a frumpy sad sack...especially if you have just been dumbed by your use to be --- men carry this darkish gloom that is not very attractive - so keep the spirits up and a little spirit...can loosen up and release those good intentions - everybody wants love and to give love...for some reason we seem to be ashamed of what they need and want - pour me another and cuddle up ---------no not you -------HER~ :lol: