Who did it...and why was the thread deletd

I agree with Charter... WHO AND WHY?

It was absolutely unfair to have that thread deleted, we finally get a thread that gained the interest of Native writers and respectful others, and someone deletes it? I actually think some progress was being made through discussion towards understanding each other nation to nation.

Although I was not around during the weekend and missed some posts, I still feel this action was uncalled for and can only bring more harm than good!

NC: It was absolutely unfair to have that thread deleted, we finally get a thread that gained the interest of Native writers and respectful others, and someone deletes it?

You could always seek compentsation.

:lol::lol:

----------------------

I slay me.

---Stan Freberg

• Forum Admin
Can't find the "Apology" thread that was on in the Fedreal Politics section. Did someone delete it? And why?

I am looking into this issue.

I'll report back here when I discover what happened to the thread,

Thanks.

• Forum Admin
Can't find the "Apology" thread that was on in the Fedreal Politics section. Did someone delete it? And why?

Looking at the admin and moderator logs, it appears that I accidentally deleted the whole thread. Charles had moderated a post that broke the rules (posting entire articles) and in the process of reviewing the moderation and deleting the offending post, I accidentally deleted the whole thread.

Unfortunately the "Apology" thread is unrecoverable, and we will have to just restart the thread and try to start were you left off. You can see part of the original thread using Google's archived version (part one, two).

I apologize for this inconvenience. I've take additional steps to ensure this doesn't happen again - all deleted threads now go into a trash bin before being purged from the forums.

Thank you for bring this to my attention,

Greg F

Forum Administrator

If it can't be put back up, a new one should replace it. The Compensation Thread grew so fast, that by the time I noticed it, it was 15 pages long and I never got around to reading enough posts to get up to speed and join in.

Looking at the admin and moderator logs, it appears that I accidentally deleted the whole thread. Charles had moderated a post that broke the rules (posting entire articles) and in the process of reviewing the moderation and deleting the offending post, I accidentally deleted the whole thread.

Unfortunately the "Apology" thread is unrecoverable, and we will have to just restart the thread and try to start were you left off. You can see part of the original thread using Google's archived version (part one, two).

I apologize for this inconvenience. I've take additional steps to ensure this doesn't happen again - all deleted threads now go into a trash bin before being purged from the forums.

Thank you for bring this to my attention,

Greg F

Forum Administrator

But you only had good intentions...right??

:lol::lol:

-------------------------------

The ironing is delicious.

---Bart Simpson

But you only had good intentions...right??

-------------------------------

The ironing is delicious.

---Bart Simpson

That should be obvious.

For the people that have protested how valuable the thread was, why haven't you started a new one yet? Charter, you say it was fairly respectful? You among others had some pretty disrespectful things to say if I recall.

That should be obvious.

It's the irony of apologizing for 'The Apology'...in case it's not.

---------------------

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?

Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

---Goodfellas

That should be obvious.

For the people that have protested how valuable the thread was, why haven't you started a new one yet? Charter, you say it was fairly respectful? You among others had some pretty disrespectful things to say if I recall.

I'd be most interested in knowing what you "recall" as disrespecting.

It's the irony of apologizing for 'The Apology'...in case it's not.
Is it just a stereotype that Canadians apologize to people who bumped into them?