Canada - You Have a Country You Should be Proud Of!

Those you want to pound their chests like shit flinging apes spend half of their time forgetting the truth and the other half refusing to see it and hear it.

Sounds like you are describing yourself. If you hate this country so much, why don't you go live somewhere closer to your principles? May I suggest North Korea? Your tirade is more against capitalism than against Canada. You say that we should ignore the good things about Canada because "it has nothing to do with the country" and pay all of our attention to the bad things. Can you get any more ignorant?

The truth is we live in that Matrix where government and corporations suck the life out of us and our children. You think this is life. I suggest that you should have taken the red pill but we all know that far too many of you took the blue one because you are so afraid of the truth.

The truth is that we live in the real world, unlike many of your ideas.

Canada has a shameful record in most sectors of society, from bad policing to criminal injustices, to poor child welfare, to tyrant politicians to abhorrent religious institutions, to corruption and destruction. Those you want to pound their chests like shit flinging apes spend half of their time forgetting the truth and the other half refusing to see it and hear it. The fact is that there is far too much going on in corrupt institutions and government to sit back with a smile on one's face. When we have the majority of Canadians actually back to discussing the injustices and corruption instead for hiding thier ostrich heads in the sand then we can start admiring our fortitude. However, we have a long way to go as too many Canadians are brainwashed to really understand the oppressive state we are in where we feign election successes as we rush to work at median middle income wages that haven't changed in over 20 years, while the poverty wages have dropped and the higher income earners have gotten richer.

Canada is a fake - a ruse and a scam. They take our money and redistribute it to the wealthy and sell our resources to foreign interests at pennies on the dollar. Despite being an oil producing country we are sucked into paying high gasoline prices because someone in the Middle East with obscene wealth says we should. All the while the poverty level becomes so abhorrent that "Canada's New Government" has to fudge the figures that show where the poverty level begins. We think we are doing well and yet fill our homes with manufactured junk produced in foreign countries while our factories are closed because shareholder's profits are down.

The truth is we live in that Matrix where government and corporations suck the life out of us and our children. You think this is life. I suggest that you should have taken the red pill but we all know that far too many of you took the blue one because you are so afraid of the truth.

Wow - spewing anger and pessimism as spittle flies the corners of your snarled and frothing mouth is the visual that I get

I may disagree with you but respect your passion

Back to reality and lets, as adults, try to be objective

Even better lets let the rest of the world be objective and judge us

Ranked #1 country in the world to live in by UN based on key economic and social indicators (HD Index) from 1994 - 2000 and near the top since then

Can you believe the UN findings?

Wow - spewing anger and pessimism as spittle flies the corners of your snarled and frothing mouth is the visual that I get

I may disagree with you but respect your passion

Back to reality and lets, as adults, try to be objective

Even better lets let the rest of the world be objective and judge us

Ranked #1 country in the world to live in by UN based on key economic and social indicators (HD Index) from 1994 - 2000 and near the top since then

Can you believe the UN findings?

Can you believe that Canada lies to the UN about our record in poverty, aboriginal rights and justice?

Edited by charter.rights

Can you believe that Canada lies to the UN about our record in poverty, aboriginal rights and justice?

You are right - it is all a conspiracy and we are in fact the worst place in the world to live - media are in on broadcasting foreign wars and injustices only to dupe us into thinking we are the lucky ones

How do you debate this issue when you discredit everybody as corrupt or dishonest

You are right - it is all a conspiracy and we are in fact the worst place in the world to live - media are in on broadcasting foreign wars and injustices only to dupe us into thinking we are the lucky ones

How do you debate this issue when you discredit everybody as corrupt or dishonest

I wonder how these people would enjoy living in Burundi, Central African Republic, Sudan, North Korea, Pakistan?

I wonder how these people would enjoy living in Burundi, Central African Republic, Sudan, North Korea, Pakistan?

We should have some kind of exchange program. Send the people who hate Canada to some of those countries for a year and then ask them where they would rather live. Canada doesn't lie to the UN about anything. charter.rights, I can't understand what would give you such a twisted perspective on Canada.

We should have some kind of exchange program. Send the people who hate Canada to some of those countries for a year and then ask them where they would rather live. Canada doesn't lie to the UN about anything. charter.rights, I can't understand what would give you such a twisted perspective on Canada.

That would have a lot of merit. I can't see many of these "people" benefiting Canada too much. They strike me as takers rather than contributors.

You have a great country. Time for a bit brassier pride!!!
For a variety of reasons, from Pearson to Lévesque, it's just not our style.
I suppose it depends on where you're traveling to as well. In my part of the country, the Maple Leaf is fairly prevalent in front of private homes, even with Danny's crusade against Harper. I've found that Canadians are passionate about their patriotism, yet are subdued about it as well. A contradiction it seems, but true in my opinion. As for whether or not I'm proud of my country, DAMN RIGHT I am.;)
IMV, I'd disagree with the Maple Leaf but this comes closest to a "Canadian" style.

Canada is an Argentina or a Lebanon that works. Canada is geographic space or definition, like the equator. While some on the Right deride Multiculturalism, they fail to understand that Canada like Western civilization in general is multicultural, and multilingual.

Canada's greatness is that it is a civilized society. We fight our civil wars through newspaper headlines.

Edited by August1991

You have a great country. Time for a bit brassier pride!!!

I agree with the first. As to the second, that just seems so unCanadian if there is such a word. Beating our chests about our fine country will not improve or help it in any way. Indeed, it just looks silly and tends to draw attention (especially while wearing mittens and a snowsuit). :)

Canada seems like a mixture of American 'can do' with British 'stiff upper lip' and just a hint of French 'attitude' - and a dash of good humour!

(which is why Canada seems rather 'cosmopolitian' despite being a huge rural country).

In other words, we do have pride in our country, we all know it well. What's more to talk about?

Edited by Mad_Michael

Beating our chests about our fine country will not improve or help it in any way.
Sure it would. If there were real Canadian pride anyone who formed a "Bloc Quebecois" or Parti Quebecois" would be either serving a life term for treason or swinging from the gallows rather than have esteemed roles in Parliaments, "National Assemblies" and in the media. Gilles Duceppes, while being eloquent is no less a traitor than Louis Riel or Benedict Arnold was.

Sure it would. If there were real Canadian pride anyone who formed a "Bloc Quebecois" or Parti Quebecois" would be either serving a life term for treason or swinging from the gallows rather than have esteemed roles in Parliaments, "National Assemblies" and in the media. Gilles Duceppes, while being eloquent is no less a traitor than Louis Riel or Benedict Arnold was.

Canada allows people like Mssr Duceppe to run in open and free elections. That is a good thing, jbg, and I cannot fathom why you would consider that objectionable.

Canada allows people like Mssr Duceppe to run in open and free elections. That is a good thing, jbg, and I cannot fathom why you would consider that objectionable.

Our constitution defines it as a crime. Since it's in the constitution it can't be unconstitutional.

Perhaps your country would be even greater than it is if Quebec didn't have a gun to your heads constantly, and French weren't being rammed down everyone's throats. If they can force French on you why do English-speakers in Quebec have no rights?

Americans fought the most costly war in their history to decide this same issue in their own country. It is no longer an issue. That should give you a clue.

Americans fought the most costly war in their history to decide this same issue in their own country. It is no longer an issue. That should give you a clue.
I thought your country settled this on the Plains of Abraham.