InterRacial Dating/Marriage

iForgot

thoughts  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if someone disagrees with you believe they are lying?

What do you think about it?

I have absolutely no problem with it. I have a blended family as it is.

My point is that there have been numerous posters who would not ever welcome anything other than a carbon copy into their family/dating/marriage scenario . but I doubt they will vote here.

I could have sworn we had at least a few racists on the forums...

Not as many as you might think! It's easy to confuse race with culture, even though they have only a tenuous connection. Lots of posters here on the board have negative impressions of certain cultures but couldn't care less about an individual's race.

I have absolutely no problem with it. I have a blended family as it is.

Mine too. My family is Scots/Welsh/English but my wife's is Irish/English.

We manage though....

Kidding aside, when my parents were married their respective families disapproved ...thought it was best to marry amongst your own and to wit, all my fathers sibling's spouces are Scottish and My mothers's lagert swilling alcoholics...

Dear bush_cheney2004,

There are no unique aspects....race is a social construct. A myth for those who obsess on such things.

Actually, there were 3 major 'races' taught in school when I was a kid, mongoloid, caucasoid, and negroid. They have since been broken down even further. However, race is more a product of environment than anything (as per U of C Anthropology class). Eskimos tend to be shorter and more squat compared to certain African tribes, mainly for the reasons of heat retention/dissipation.

To say that there is nothing unique about races is a bit of a gloss-over, or there wouldn't be any. Just as a lark, could you name the last non-negroid winner of an Olympic 100 m dash?

All other differences are made up to allow subjugation of one group by another.

I was wondering how the races came about. So who was it that made the Sub Sarahan Africans Black? The Saharan Africans?

Edited by M.Dancer

It is true that as a broad generalization it could be said that there is only one race, the Human race. There are however many physical differences that distinguish between the sub species. For instance, black males tend to be far more susceptible to sickle cell anemia.

I don't think those differences are of any great significance though. I believe the kind of person someone is bears far more importance than their appearence. For instance, one of my ex's looked Lebanese, masses of thick black hair, olive complexion, large Almond shaped eyes, very beautifull. She was from Cape Breton Euro stock, no middle Eastern blood at all. By appearence you would have said she was not typical Anglo at all. She was however the biggest liar and, ahem, loose woman you could have the misfortune to meet. In that case who she actually was had far more significance than what colour or race she was.

It's just my opinion but I think that mixing races is a good thing. Someone said earlier that mutts often are better than purebreds. I agree, I think race mixing could result in a superior breed of Humans. Thats just my take on it though.

I agree, I think race mixing could result in a superior breed of Humans.

It's true for most scotch too....

....but tell the truth though, this cape breton lass, it was her loose side that attracted you but her dishonest side that pushed you apart?

....but tell the truth though, this cape breton lass, it was her loose side that attracted you but her dishonest side that pushed you apart?

Yeah, you're right. The combination of looks and a stereotypical "swimsuit" body got me, the lies and cheating were the deal breaker. She was every mans dream, a lady in public and a wh*re in bed. Except for the pathological lying and cheating, and wanton pay cheque spending and on and on.

Yeah, you're right. The combination of looks and a stereotypical "swimsuit" body got me, the lies and cheating were the deal breaker. She was every mans dream, a lady in public and a wh*re in bed. Except for the pathological lying and cheating, and wanton pay cheque spending and on and on.

Got her number ?

Thank you in advance !

....To say that there is nothing unique about races is a bit of a gloss-over, or there wouldn't be any. Just as a lark, could you name the last non-negroid winner of an Olympic 100 m dash?

Oh, that is easy...no Google required. It was probably Valeri Borzov in the '72 Olympics (Munich). He won the 100m and 200m as I recall, specifically pulling a reverse Jessie Owens. So much for "negroid".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Dear bush_cheney2004,

Well done.

Oh, that is easy...no Google required. It was probably Valeri Borzov in the '72 Olympics (Munich). He won the 100m and 200m as I recall, specifically pulling a reverse Jessie Owens. So much for "negroid".

I would have been about 5, so if you remember it, I guess that makes you a little older than me. Still, shouldn't the mongoloids and caucasoids have taken their equal third share of winnings in the last 35 years?

Dear bush_cheney2004,

Well done.

I would have been about 5, so if you remember it, I guess that makes you a little older than me. Still, shouldn't the mongoloids and caucasoids have taken their equal third share of winnings in the last 35 years?

If everyone trained in all sports equally, but they don't. Likewise China has done so well on the Equestrain podium either.

Thanks....it was a good question, and strikes at the heart of what constitutes criteria for this notion of "race". We can say there are traits overwhelmingly associated with genetics, but it is not absolute. Hence my assertion (not original, of course), that the concept of "race" has been applied as a social construct for various purposes more than scientific certainty.

I remember Valeri Borzov specifically because he so thoroughly upset those preconceived notions.....in this case, for an Olympic gold medalist in dash events. The media coverage was not subtle on this matter in early '70's America.

Dear M.Dancer,

If everyone trained in all sports equally, but they don't. Likewise China has done so well on the Equestrain podium either.
I would agree with the Equestian bit, and the luge too, but not running. Running is something that is done everywhere, by every kid, and it requires no equipment nor facilities whatsoever (I recall a young South African girl in the Olympics, Zola Budd I believe her name was, who preferred to run without shoes).

Dear M.Dancer,

I would agree with the Equestian bit, and the luge too, but not running. Running is something that is done everywhere, by every kid, and it requires no equipment nor facilities whatsoever (I recall a young South African girl in the Olympics, Zola Budd I believe her name was, who preferred to run without shoes).

nations that are poor dedicate more trainers to running than nations that can afford olymopic pools in every neighbourhood....

Dear bush_cheney2004,

We can say there are traits overwhelmingly associated with genetics, but it is not absolute. Hence my assertion (not original, of course), that the concept of "race" has been applied as a social construct for various purposes more than scientific certainty.

I agree that there are no absolutes, but argue that 'race' was originally moreso defined by past environments than recent 'social constructs', for good or ill. What rankled me from the original question was the notion of applying the qualifiers 'good or bad' to race, or racial mixing. it is neither good nor bad, it just is. Until, of course, someone suggests an 'end goal', in which case racial mixing would then be looked at as 'beneficial', or 'detrimental', to that goal.

Dear bush_cheney2004,

I agree that there are no absolutes, but argue that 'race' was originally moreso defined by past environments than recent 'social constructs', for good or ill. What rankled me from the original question was the notion of applying the qualifiers 'good or bad' to race, or racial mixing. it is neither good nor bad, it just is. Until, of course, someone suggests an 'end goal', in which case racial mixing would then be looked at as 'beneficial', or 'detrimental', to that goal.

There was a teacher I had back in 64..he stated that mixing the races causes the worst qualities to emerge from each corresponding side. Well as I watched the mixing of the races I noticed that it was the best of the genetic code that was transmitted to the offspring. The biggest problem we have is in breeding - you see this within certain groups such as those in India restricted to breeding with only those of their sub-cast...Anglo Saxons are so inbreed to the point that they are also now of inferiour qualtity -

and the Jews that are not smart enough to instill some genetic refreshment into the race or so-called religion are suffering also - because of religious elitist traditions the Jews have breed themselves into stupidity. Restrictions in breeding that results in prolonged inbreeding does but one thing - create a subclass who's only hope for survival is to operate withing a collective - and usually a conspiring and lawless group - I who originated in the Caucus Mountains orignially am as white as you get - but thanks to the Asian hords - the traveling Jews and the Vikings coming down and having our way with the woman - gave me better and a stronger constitution - phisically - mentally and spiritually. Mixing high quality blacks and whites for instance is a good thing - but there has to be quality or it will take to long to create a race that will survive - in the mean time lets tell all the immigrants that are slavish that gay is good and maybe they will commit race sucide via that "alternative life style" - just a thought...or maybe we can spread the rumor to Rosedale and Forest Hill that being gay is good and maybe these inbreds will go extinct....seems that are elite are a tad to inbred.