Conservative attack ads

In case somebody hasn't had an opportunity to see them - they're on right now on the Global.

Wow. Rock bottom indeed. Well, at least Harper has defined his potential electorate, and I sincerely hope it'll be counted in single digits. I mean people with that special sort of intelligence to enjoy this kind of "information" simply cannot be a majority, it'd be a complete disaster for the country!

Well, looks like Harper is indeed busy hitting last nails into his political coffin. Having started the process, singlehandledly and with no assistance, in December. Godspeed to him, we'll all be very grateful!

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will stoop low enough to run these idotic attack ads on YTV during children's programming.

If they are not truthful the libs will have them pulled.

So how can you call them attack ads?

I think they are great - they show the imported American as he is - if you do not like that I would suggest you ask the libs to pick a leader who actually IS Canadian rather than someone who does not give two hoots about this country.

He abandoned Canada years ago.

He is only here for the glory - and if he loses he goes south again.

We can only hope

Borg

This is a good point. The ads are paid for and run by the Conservative Party of Canada. This in no way detracts from the government doing its job of managing the country. I would add that in spite of the opposition's continual bluster threatening to bring down the government, they appear quite willing to let the Conservatives continue to hold power.

Pleeeeeeeease. I'm sure CPC members wait for a directive from the PMO thats says when they can shit daily. We all know who is steering the ship.

I think they are great - they show the imported American as he is - if you do not like that I would suggest you ask the libs to pick a leader who actually IS Canadian rather than someone who does not give two hoots about this country.

There's a clip in one of the truth ads where MI addresses an American audience and passes himself off as an American.

Michael Ignatieff lied to millions of Americans through his writing and his television appearances every time he talked about "we Americans". He's not an American. To Americans, he's a foreigner. Foreigners have opinions about American policy, and certainly Americans will listen to opinions from all sort of people. But Michael Ignatieff won't risk his opinions being relegated to some second tier status on the basis of being an outsider looking in.

Americans must listen to him, and if that means telling them the bald-faced lie that he is an American too, then so be it.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/f...rted-media.aspx

While working in the US, the guy tried to pass himself off as an American. I'm intrigued about why he would do this.

That's a partial answer to my question.

He is only here for the glory - and if he loses he goes south again.

I guess that's a chance the Liberal brass was willing to take when they lured him to Canada with the promise he would become PM.

I bet he knows more about this country than you'll ever know.

And feels more too. He's able to relate to people in every section of every province. Go ahead and test that. If you ever give the man a minute of your time, you'll see.

In case somebody hasn't had an opportunity to see them - they're on right now on the Global.

Wow. Rock bottom indeed. Well, at least Harper has defined his potential electorate,

Dude, Global's like Canada's version of Fox Network. Why would you bother watching that crap? I mean, I know Harper likes Fox Network but that's only because he's ignorant...

CanWest `Global' is as much a mouthpiece for the Cons as the National Post is.

Canwest Global mouthpieces

At any time, the `news' can be dictated directly from CanWest's head office... and has been many times.

Canwest isn't all bad. Their biggest sin (IMO of course) is the level of sensationalism that they use in their stories. That is something that they have very much in common with the American media. They do though, lean to the right of CTV and the CBC.

Edited by Smallc

smackdown! Ignatieff taking the high road

we need a new kind of politics... a better kind of politics... a politics that relies not on spite and spin but on civility and common purpose... that's what's demanded of us... that's what's demanded of our country... and that's what I know we can do together.

I like to have my information first hand. From all sources. I can handle sorting it out.

Well, maybe the "defining strategy" would take a different turn, than intended by the designer. Just like that "funding strategy" in December. As much as defining its target, this message also defines its sender. And somehow, they come out as shallow, billigerent, mean and loudmouth, as the worst of individual targeted politics could probably be. Surprise there.

Iggy saying "we Americans" is nothing more than an orator reaching out to charm the ear of the audience in front of him.

So he was lying to retain his audience. He was misleading to further his career in the US. Reminds me of the salesman who would tell you anything just to sell his wears.

And somehow, they come out as shallow, billigerent, mean and loudmouth, as the worst of individual targeted politics could probably be. Surprise there.

It never seemed to back fire against the Chreiten liberals did it?

To be honest (and I'm trying to be honest here, not being a huge fan of Chretien myself), I can't quite recall them using even remotely close (in their meanness, personal thrust, nastiness, absolute and final absence of any meaningful information, etc) tactics of campaigning, as those that have become inseparable from Harper. Perhaps, you can help us refresh our collective memories?

There were few if any important issues when the election was called, nonetheless the Liberals frequently alleged that Day had a hidden agenda, identifying Day with the Christian right (he is a devout Pentecostal), and drawing attention to his past comments about homosexuality and abortion.

Liberal activist Warren Kinsella mocked Day's belief in Young Earth creationism by pulling out a Barney doll during a television interview and stating that "this was the only dinosaur ever to be on Earth with humans". Media covering the Day campaign bus, nicknamed "Prayer Force One", whistled the Flintstones theme song to mock the idea that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. [4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockwell_Day

US-style attacks came to Canada with a vengeance in the June election. Not only

were the Liberal attack ads savage

http://www.irpp.org/po/archive/sep04/rose.pdf

I remeber one ad run during this campaign that pushed me into the political relm I wish I could find a link to it, I found it very insulting and pushed me to the tories.

There were few if any important issues when the election was called, nonetheless the Liberals frequently alleged that Day had a hidden agenda, identifying Day with the Christian right (he is a devout Pentecostal), and drawing attention to his past comments about homosexuality and abortion.

Liberal activist Warren Kinsella mocked Day's belief in Young Earth creationism by pulling out a Barney doll during a television interview and stating that "this was the only dinosaur ever to be on Earth with humans". Media covering the Day campaign bus, nicknamed "Prayer Force One", whistled the Flintstones theme song to mock the idea that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. [4]

None of these were attack ads.

None of these were attack ads.

They sure as hell were vile attacks. Perpetuated by the media for the liberals.

I wonder what you would have thought had the media played the three stooges theme as the liberal campign rolled downt he highway for Ignatief Rae and Dion?

then you should have no trouble presenting examples of same... you need not resort to made up satire that has no ties to the Liberal party

Did you check the you tube link which was the very next one?

How about the media exerpts about the ads.

I forgot I had you on ignore back you go.

Edited by Alta4ever