"Death to Canada!"

trex

Afghan protesters shout 'Death to Canada'

26/09/2007

Afghan protesters shouted "Death to Canada" in a small village outside Kandahar city on Wednesday, but the Canadian military said it was not involved in raids that killed two local clerics.

"Death to Canada, death to foreigners, death to Karzai!" shouted one protester.

The slain clerics were both members of the Alizai tribe, who have little or no place in President Hamid Karzai's government.

Most of the protesters Wednesday belonged to the same tribe.

One witness said the two clerics appeared to have been shot in the chest.

"They are arresting and killing innocent people," a tribal elder who attended the protest told the Globe.

Despite shouts of "Death to Canada," most of the roughly 500 protesters voiced anger at the United States or NATO in general.

"They're killing our young men,'' one villager told The Canadian Press through an interpreter.

"The day is not far when these innocent civilians will stand against NATO and other foreign troops."

Canadian officials said Canada was not involved in military raids late Tuesday night, and neither was the International Security Assistance Force.

Protesters accused Karzai's government of corruption and blamed the Afghan leader for allowing foreign troops into the country.

They also blamed local intelligence officers for misleading the soldiers who purportedly conducted the raids.

"Their informers are giving them wrong information," one villager told CP. "It is disgusting."

Some protesters said known Taliban members attended the demonstration. The area is well known for attracting insurgents, who have ambushed NATO soldiers.

The United Nations and The Associated Press estimate that about 600 civilians have died this year during battles between soldiers and the Taliban. But the number is a rough estimate and it's unclear how many have been killed from insurgent attacks.

NATO forces have also said the Taliban falsely report civilian casualties to gain the trust of Afghans and undermine the efforts of foreign troops.

But Habibullah Jan, a lawmaker from Sanzari village, told AP that NATO soldiers were responsible for the raids.

He said that if foreign military personnel continued to target civilians, "people will take up arms against the government and NATO."

------------------------------------

gee sounds like we're doing a vunderful job, mein freunds

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then when the TV lights cameras and tape recoprders where turned off, apparently overheard was Mahmoud asking Rajim ...

"You know where Canada is?" "No, but when I do I will march across that small country in January and slay them by hand"

As bushcheny00 says on MLW , we arent doing it right if we dont piss them off.

As bushcheny00 says on MLW , we arent doing it right if we dont piss them off.

pissing off villagers??

you can follow anyone off a cliff if you want to.

you think its all a big joke, right. funny. college boy. go back to your books, beer and tities

leave real politics to the adults

Of course, you know, there are no dissidents in any other part of the world. These Afghans represent the entire country.

So when the next anti-abortion rally happens on the hill, we'll be safe to assume your a fervent supporter of their cause?

This is nothing. It's a good media event for the CBC to pipe back home to support their anti-war efforts.

gee sounds like we're doing a vunderful job, mein freunds

Before you decide to mockingly write this way you should find yourself a nice objective history of the Soviet Union and carefully count the zeros in the figures used to quantify the number of people who were murdered for the sake of your beloved Communist ideology. The Nazi Regime may have been repugnant in just about every respect, but the fact that they singlehandedly took on the Soviet Union and kept it from becoming the global threat that it could have been is something that everyone in the western world should be thankful for.

....The Nazi Regime may have been repugnant in just about every respect, but the fact that they singlehandedly took on the Soviet Union and kept it from becoming the global threat that it could have been is something that everyone in the western world should be thankful for.

Actually, Axis combatants for Operation Barbarossa technically involved Germany, Italy, Romania, Finland, Slovakia, and Hungary.

WRT stopping the Soviet Union from becoming a global threat, they were a miserable failure.

Hi Tbud and welcome.

I knew a good person with that name at another site.

I should point out here that with some with higher post numbers here some have become increasingly dense , anti-human rights based and developed a tinge of bigotry. Be careful.

I have been witness to blatant stupidity here as well.

They like to belittle any one with an opinion because they think post numbers means some thing which you and I both know means nothing.

We have thousands behind us as well.

Could just be small minded children playing with moms boyfriends computer or more likely just conservatives.

We of the new group I sense moving in here now will I am sure help others retire their old jerseys , jerkys and maybe grow up a bit.

Watch how they respond to my simple welcome to you unless they have learned already that I don't care what they think.

I actually have them growing on me and I have pledged to address their short comings with my usual zest.

Welcome

Hi Tbud and welcome.

I should point out here that with some with higher post numbers here some have become increasingly dense , anti-human rights based and developed a tinge of bigotry. Be careful.

They like to belittle any one with an opinion because they think post numbers means some thing which you and I both know means nothing.

Could just be small minded children playing with moms boyfriends computer or more likely just conservatives.

We of the new group I sense moving in here now will I am sure help others retire their old jerseys , jerkys and maybe grow up a bit.

Watch how they respond to my simple welcome to you unless they have learned already that I don't care what they think.

I actually have them growing on me and I have pledged to address their short comings with my usual zest.

Welcome

yes mr. shav, it is me! i know, its a pit of snakes in forums like this and there is no victory, on any side, but its all just silly noise. propaganda

thanks for compliment

peace, tb

Edited by tbud

Hi Tbud and welcome.

Welcome

My, my, how kind of you to grace us with your presence. I'm sure we will all benefit from your pointing out of our shortcomings. <_<

Before you decide to mockingly write this way you should find yourself a nice objective history of the Soviet Union and carefully count the zeros in the figures used to quantify the number of people who were murdered for the sake of your beloved Communist ideology. The Nazi Regime may have been repugnant in just about every respect, but the fact that they singlehandedly took on the Soviet Union and kept it from becoming the global threat that it could have been is something that everyone in the western world should be thankful for.

i am not mockingly writing this way, i am of german descent for your information and can write any way i want. especially in this cess pool of a forum, amongst the likes of people like you.

and as to my views on the germans, or adolph hitler, i will keep that to myself

I think it was a CTV news link. Are they also anti-war?

Media in general. 500 anti-war Afhgani's (who'd of thunk?) get a headline. Please. Be realistic. I doubt if the Canadians just went in and shot these guys up for fun. My bet is the 500 pro-Taliban poppy growers are pissed that their previously lenient boss is dead and some ideological thug will be taking over on Monday, short coffee breaks you know.

i am not mockingly writing this way, i am of german descent for your information and can write any way i want. especially in this cess pool of a forum, amongst the likes of people like you.

and as to my views on the germans, or adolph hitler, i will keep that to myself

Define "people like you". Don't give me cock and bull about being "of german [sic] descent". It's clear why you typed what you did.

tbud:

Sounds like your a big fan of our military, and our operations in Afgan. I'm just curious every studied the Afgan problem, or been to Afgan, or talked to the Afganis people...I'm just curious how you based your opinons.

Nice entrance to the forums by the way, your making friends fast i see. must not like books, beers, and tities must be going to to many NDP rallies i heard they really suck, of course that's here say....i do have one question though if it's a cess pool why grace us with your presence ?

Shavlik:

And you make that sound like a bad thing, please, convert me from being a conservative...

Want a jersy pick me first please, enlighten me, convert me into what every it is you think you are, Since you picked this topic to boast on why not start there...

tbud:

Sounds like your a big fan of our military, and our operations in Afgan. I'm just curious every studied the Afgan problem, or been to Afgan, or talked to the Afganis people...I'm just curious how you based your opinons.

Nice entrance to the forums by the way, your making friends fast i see. must not like books, beers, and tities must be going to to many NDP rallies i heard they really suck, of course that's here say....i do have one question though if it's a cess pool why grace us with your presence ?

Shavlik:

And you make that sound like a bad thing, please, convert me from being a conservative...

Want a jersy pick me first please, enlighten me, convert me into what every it is you think you are, Since you picked this topic to boast on why not start there...

i know for fact the afghani been under war from western empires since at least 1850, non stop war and occupation. of course im not a fan of the military or our "operations". nice clean word

superpowers fought the cold war, cia funneled millions of dollars and weapons there

poor people caught in the middle as the arrogant powers fight for the wealth of the elite

i seek no "friends" among the arrogant, or those who ridicule for the sake of a joke, while innocent people die elsewhere.

now go back to marching up and down the square

tbud:

know for fact the afghani been under war from western empires since at least 1850, non stop war and occupation. of course im not a fan of the military or our "operations". nice clean word

So other than a few facts, do you consider yourself well versed on the topic or are you spouting party jargon for trolling purposes....I guess my question is what are you basing your opinions on.

Really just western armies, no eastern influence there, not to mention the Russians.

Not a fan of our nations Military, hard to tell, Can i ask why ? "operations" what would you call it ?

poor people caught in the middle as the arrogant powers fight for the wealth of the elite

Sounds like the history of mankind, is that your only bitch...

i seek no "friends" among the arrogant, or those who ridicule for the sake of a joke, while innocent people die elsewhere.

now go back to marching up and down the square

I'm not asking you to take long hot showers with me, just to explain your postion ? as for the ridicule you should look at your posts more carefully, your the one that kicked the hornets nest, stop bitching about getting stung...

Innocent people are dying all over the world, so why did you pick Afgan to grind your axe ?

yes mr. shav, it is me! i know, its a pit of snakes in forums like this and there is no victory, on any side, but its all just silly noise. propaganda

Yep. Propaganda. You got that oh so very right.

And that article you posted at the beginning of this thread is a good example of it. Propaganda from the left....or from taliban supporters themselves.