The Honourable Mr. Harper

It seems to me that one of Mr. Harpers beefs with the other parties was the inability to vote freely. So why is he kicking Bill Casey of Nova Scotia out of the caucus and apparently according to the party whip out of the party.

On TVO Ontario the other night there was a program on what Mr. Harper really wants and it appears that he has two goals. One is to destroy the liberal party and the other is to destroy Health Care plan.

On Oprah yesterday she was shocked to hear that the US was, I think, 37th in health care for its citizens. She also was shocked to learn that 30,000 million Americans had no health care.

I know these are very different subjects in appearance but it all makes one very leary of the objects of this government.

It seems to me that one of Mr. Harpers beefs with the other parties was the inability to vote freely. So why is he kicking Bill Casey of Nova Scotia out of the caucus and apparently according to the party whip out of the party.

Where did you get this belief about Stephen Harper's "beefs" from? It was a confidence issue. Parliamentary tradition members voting the party line on a vote. Casey's vote signalled he did not have confidence in the Government's ability to Govern. Why would he want to be a member of the Government then?

On TVO Ontario the other night there was a program on what Mr. Harper really wants and it appears that he has two goals. One is to destroy the liberal party and the other is to destroy Health Care plan.

Scary? Scary? Scary?

Any information on this program?

How did it find out what Stephen Harper really wants?

shocked to learn that 30,000 million Americans had no health care

Well count me as shocked to hear that too!

;)

Same here, but on the otherhand, their ability to produce food is unsurpassed.

Yes, that must be his hidden agenda. Did you notice that program was brought to you by the Liberal Party of Canada.

On Oprah yesterday she was shocked to hear that the US was, I think, 37th in health care for its citizens.

Canada's sacred cow was ranked 30th. Evil Harper doesn't have to destroy it, he can just let it self-destruct with the aid of the aging population.

Implying that Harper wants to bring in the American system is a false statement. More private involvement (our system is already a combination of private and public care) resembles some of the European models (ranked better than Canada) and in no way suggests ending universal access.

Implying that Harper wants to bring in the American system is a false statement. More private involvement (our system is already a combination of private and public care) resembles some of the European models (ranked better than Canada) and in no way suggests ending universal access.

Trying to use the same booga booga isn't working anymore, it smacks of liberal desparation.

On Oprah yesterday she was shocked to hear that the US was, I think, 37th in health care for its citizens. She also was shocked to learn that 30,000 million Americans had no health care.

So if one is unable to afford a health care plan in the U.S., what does this really mean?

They are going to allow you to die in the streets?

I don't think so. You should inform yourselves how their health system operates.

So if one is unable to afford a health care plan in the U.S., what does this really mean?

They are going to allow you to die in the streets?

I don't think so. You should inform yourselves how their health system operates.

No one can be turned away because of inability to pay, its not as bad as some here would have us believe. However, I'm not sure why Canadians are so concerned about health care in the U.S. unless they plan on living there.

She also was shocked to learn that 30,000 million Americans had no health care.

Okay, now it has been a while since math class but.....

That number doesn't jump out at me as being off by a lot.

Approximately 10 % of the population.

Read again michael....what is 10% of 30,000,000,000 ? (hint.... <------that is 30 Trillion, not million)

I didnt catch it at first either.

I know these are very different subjects in appearance but it all makes one very leary of the objects of this government.

First off, I see you actually admit to watching oprah. That it's self is interesting and speaks of your choice of political references! <WINK> My wife called me into the den to watch Michael Moore do his thing. Once again he spoke nothing new as someone who's actually used the American health system, I already knew that only those with insurance and deep pockets actually gets good service. What surprised me most was that everyone agreed that not having healthcare as a social service was a bad thing. I assumed they would stick to the "Dog eat Dog" theory. I guess when you place it along side the free fire and police service it makes sense to them.

Second, I think Harper knowsd more about Mr. Casey than you and I. If he's got something going on, I'm sure Harper wil do what he feels is best for the Party and Country.

Third: I think Conservative trying to kill healthcare....I just love the scare tactics the Liberals use. The Conservatives will never kill socialized healthcare. They know that would be instant political death...just ask the Liberal PAarty here in BC. They were heading down that nasty road when the people made it clear the Liberals would all be out of a job come the next election. Funny enough they are now promoting socialized heathcare like never before. So stop your scare tactics and start taling about the Dion French Program....I think we really need to teach all the Taliban Freedom Fighters living in Canada how to kill us in both official languages!

If anyone is a threat to Canada, it's the Separatist Dion.

Well, here goes my thoughts on the whole thing! IF its true that some people within the two governments, want Canada and the US want to join the two countries, into one, than Canada would have to get rid of the healthcare system we have, because of the lack of, in the US. Harper has hated the Libs, since Trudeau years, when he was force to quit being a supporter, because of the energy polices that would hurt Alberta's oil industry. Nothing has changed there!! As far as the healthcare for the US, if the people haven't got healthcare insurance through were they work, they usally have to buy there own , which is costly, and some have to use their credit cards. because they can't afford the insurance. I heard of people owing up 50,000 on thier credit cards!! I see nothing wrong with private healthcare ,IF the doctors treat patients first on our system before a private patient and ALL Canadians remain covered.

I don't believe Harper or any other Conservative (or Canadian Alliance, or Reform Party) member has ever suggested there should be free votes on spending bills or other confidence-motions.

This is a spending bill that Mr Casey decided to vote against? A vote where defeat means the fall of the government? I don't think anybody ever suggested that such votes should be free votes.

Really? Was this a documentary? An infomercial?

That's an astounding figure, particularly since it's over 4 times the population of the entire planet.

Well it doen't take much to stir up the nay sayers and spooks. I wonder which is which.

So questioning your grasp of the context of the whole question of "free votes", or being skeptical of this TV show you saw on TVO, or making fun of your apparent difficulties with numbers, makes people either spooks or nay-sayers?

-k

On the first goal, he doesn't stand a chance. If the Conservatives were lead by a social moderate and fiscal conservative, maybe. But Harper is just the opposite and Canadians are not about to hand a majority government over to a Mulroney-like big spender with socially conservative views.

On the second goal, that was his stated goal for many, many years. But the hypocrite totally flipflopped two years ago and now claims to believe exactly the opposite of what he previously believed. Here's the link:

http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article.php?sto...050430091919834

On the first goal, he doesn't stand a chance. If the Conservatives were lead by a social moderate and fiscal conservative, maybe. But Harper is just the opposite and Canadians are not about to hand a majority government over to a Mulroney-like big spender with socially conservative views.

On the second goal, that was his stated goal for many, many years. But the hypocrite totally flipflopped two years ago and now claims to believe exactly the opposite of what he previously believed. Here's the link:

http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article.php?sto...050430091919834

Perhaps if he were to flipflop on his social conservatism...

Like allowing women the right to choose and making no moves to re-open the issue?

Like declaring SSM marriage fait a compli?

Those are the two big social conservtive bugaboos aren't they? And Harper has definitely gone against the wishes of social conservatives on both...

Like allowing women the right to choose and making no moves to re-open the issue?

Like declaring SSM marriage fait a compli?

Those are the two big social conservtive bugaboos aren't they? And Harper has definitely gone against the wishes of social conservatives on both...

Exactly, but if a smear is repeated often enough, it will be believed. You know - Lenin's useful idiots.

Perhaps people are so desperate that they believe their own social liberal propaganda and believe their own polemical thinnking that Stephen Harper has a hidden agenda when it comes to social conservatism. Real social conservatives who actually follow and know about Ottawa politics know that's not true. They simply trot out those ideas out about being a closet theocrat as a political bogeyman to scare the public to vote Liberal.

I don't fear Steve's social conservatism; Canadians will check him at the door should he go too far. What worries me is behind the scenes stuff he might be doing that we would not see until it is too late. It is well known that he has not supported health care; that he doesn't care if Canada stays as one country or many federations, that climate change is a lip service only problem. He admires the USA too much. He wants to play military with the big boys when Canadians want to (or should want to) have domestic capabilities first and foremost. He's much too secretive and unduly muzzles his caucus; people justify this by saying loose lips, etc. but if you can't trust people in your own cabinet, maybe they shouldn't be there. Steve's history is what people think about when they think of him perhaps having a majority government.