Dion's popularity slides further.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/05...4220677-cp.html

OTTAWA (CP) - Liberal Leader Stephane Dion has been heckled off the stage at a labour protest rally in Ottawa.

Dion was taunted by several thousand unionized workers as he spoke on Parliament Hill, and was eventually drowned out by chanting. There were loud boos from the crowd as he left the gathering, with many people complaining about the Liberal party's stand against anti-scab legislation.

Jake Lombardo of Hamilton, Ont., accused Dion of double-speak as he taunted the Liberal leader.

Lombardo blamed the Liberals for launching policies that he says are costing Canadians jobs.

The demonstration was organized to protest the loss of thousands of manufacturing jobs, particularly in Ontario and Quebec.

Labour groups blame Ottawa for the job losses by allowing interest rates to rise and for negotiating trade deals that they say are killing high-paying jobs and sending work overseas.

I'm not one for supporting the Unions, but in this case I support their heckling and suggest they do more of it! ROLMAO

Gee, a quote from a Canwest Global controlled web site. Holy cow. Why am I not surprised? Could it be just another front on the Tory whine campaign (oh sorry, attack ads)?

John Tory and Stevie Harper have one thing in common. They like to whine. Doesn't matter if they are in power or not. They just like to whine.

It's OK. Little boys like to whine. It gets them mommy attention.

"I don't like it"

"Mommy, it's bad"

"Mommy, can I drive your car?"

Gee, a quote from a Canwest Global controlled web site.

Too bad, So sad....canoe isn't Canwest......but if it was? Do you think the unions are pro tory?

Anyway, you whine too much....

Same thing....

Registrant Name CANOE: Canadian Online Explorer Inc.

Registrar egateDOMAINS Inc.

Renewal Date 2009/12/01

Date approved 2000/09/21

Last changed 2005/12/12

Description CANOE is positioning itself as a major contributor to the Canadian arm of the Internet, creating a distinctive, integrated Canadian offering of news & information, sports, entertainment,etc. CANOE currently employs a 15 person team of WEB developers and will use content from the daily newspapers of The Toronto Sun Publishing Corporation as a base for WEB product offerings. CANOE is a separate operating division of The Toronto Sun Publishing Corporation.

Right wing. Canwest/Sun Media. No diff. Pro-Bush. Pro-Harper. Conservative Party mouthpiece....

By the way, Dancer. What is Brian Mulroney's role at Sun media?

It doesn't matter where it came from, was it factual, was Dion heckled off the stage by union workers and did Lombardo blame the Liberals? If you dont' believe any of that to be factual then attack the content and prove it wrong, otherwise your comments are simply malicious attacks on the messenger while not addressing content.

Unions typically support and endorse NDP, that's why urban working-class neighbourhoods are the ones that go NDP in federal elections.

So no surprise there, same thing would've happened if it was Harper, Martin, Chretien, Mulroney etc etc.

Harper would have gotten just as booed and heckled, if not more. Remember they were there protesting the CPC government's action.

So, if Dions popularity has slid, so has the CPC's by the same measure.

If Layton spoke to the crowd, it certainly wasn't reported. It doesn't help the NDP either if they look like they are responsible for the crowd's behaviour.

I was watching when the vote when it came time to vote. All voted for the scam law except the NDP. I couldn't believe the Libs would for the scams but they did for their own reasons. I watch my representative who was voted in by a bunch of farmer's for yes, to scams, when he knew full well that a man ended up dying when management tried to bring scams across the picketline and the guy was ran over a van! No matter what Harper's Labour minister says or the Industry minister , they don't care about manufacturing in Canada only Alberta and its oil sands!

It unionists, who cares what a bunch of those whiners do . Thier only concern is keeping that inflated wage way up there and making idiots like Buzz rich.

Thats okay though, about 6000 of them will be out of work when Chrysler sends notices. Hey I know, when that happens and Buzz has a rally, we can all go and boo him. Then watch him cry and whine.

Dion, Harper et al, they too would be booed.

They didn't mention Dion getting shouted down.

National Union of P&G Employees Newsletter

Close enough.

Conservative Prime Minister Steven Harper, conspicuous by his absence, was roundly booed at each mention of the federal government and its failure to stem the loss of good-paying jobs across the country.

Dion was also booed by demonstrators upset at him for withdrawing Liberal support earlier this spring of legislation that would have outlawed the use of scabs – replacement workers – during strikes and lockouts in areas of federal jurisdiction.

Of course Jack spoke, Harper was the only no show.

Great pics here

http://www.nupge.ca/news_2007/n30my07c.htm

They didn't mention Dion getting shouted down.

No, they mentioned him getting booed is all. As was, lacking courage and being slithery and slimmy Harper.

Dion was also booed by demonstrators upset at him for withdrawing Liberal support earlier this spring of legislation that would have outlawed the use of scabs – replacement workers – during strikes and lockouts in areas of federal jurisdiction.

Boo Booed Dion should get used to this kind of reception. This isn't the first time he's been booed.

As the federal minister for intergovernmental affairs, Mr. Dion became a lightning rod. Quebec intellectuals, many of them separatist, felt betrayed that one of their own should become such a pain-in-the-butt federalist. Mr. Dion was pilloried in the press and booed at the funeral of Maurice "Rocket" Richard.

Meet Stephane Dion, Quebec separatist

Paul Wells writes in his blog that Ignatieff supporters booed Stephane Dion when he read from Michael Ignatieff's op-ed titled "Why Bush Must Send in His Troops -- Imposing a Two-State Solution is the Last Chance for Middle East." It's unclear why anyone on the Ignatieff side booed.

Ignatieff supporters booed Dion

A good many Quebecers cannot understand why anyone would begrudge them this. Native son Dion was booed last week when he said he was opposed to reopening this musty old file(consitution). Outsider Ignatieff was cheered. His stand on this issue may well win him enough Quebec delegates at the leadership vote to clinch the Liberal crown.

reopening the Constitution

Dion was trying to speak to several thousand unionized workers, who turned out in Ottawa to protest job losses in the manufacturing sector.

He never finished, loudly booed off the stage as Hamilton's Jake Lombardo accused him of double-speak and held him to account for the Liberal Party's stand against anti-scab legislation.

Hamilton Steelworker Helps Shout Down Stephane Dion

but he also said that it was unconscionable that Stephane was treated so badly by a partisan crowd, booed out of the room. But if Stephane played a role in blowing this thing sky high, why is pointing that out taking a shot? Any more than Stephane making a point about the "Rae record" taking a shot? His own (petulent) actions at LPCQ speak very clearly to Dion's limited leadership abilities, his lone wolf and "mine is the only path" tendencies.

And if Dion has taken on the Rae record in Ontario repeatedly publicly, why is Rae not allowed to respond with a joke instead of a dig?

Cherniak on Politics

He will not trade off the fundamental principles of a strong national government, minority rights and equalization to gain short-term political support for himself. He does not deserve to be booed for standing up for CANADA!

Cherniak on Politics

Dion - Was booed, somewhat mercilessly. Some has questioned his strategy of joining Rae in attacking Iggy. On reflection, he took a welcome boost from the Montreal meeting.

mushroom

The only incident that marred an otherwise perfect event was the treatment of Stephane Dion. We had urged him to attend the march. We had hoped to know where to meet and have him in the front of the line of march, but the role of President of the COP and COP-MOP prevented making firm plans. Somehow, he emerged to join the march and was met with derision, was booed and his staff pulled him back.

Citizen Shift

...and I'm sure it won't be his last.

Boo Booed Dion should get used to this kind of reception. This isn't the first time he's been booed.

And if I do a web search, I'm sure the list for Harper will be equally long.

Right wing. Canwest/Sun Media. No diff. Pro-Bush. Pro-Harper. Conservative Party mouthpiece....

By the way, Dancer. What is Brian Mulroney's role at Sun media?

Obviously you don't know squat about Canadian media ownership......

Mulroney is not involved with the operations of Sun Media....he is chairman of Quebecor World which has no indirect or direct editorial involvenment with the newspapers or broadcasting.

Quebecor World is a printer. They print catalogues, directories, custom publishing ventures

http://www.quebecorworldinc.com/main.aspx?id=83

BTW, what Asper's relationship with the Liberal Party? ( you probably don't know it, but the aspers control canwest)....I mean, besides Izzy being the one time leader of the Maitoba Liberals.....

BTW, what Asper's relationship with the Liberal Party? ( you probably don't know it, but the aspers control canwest)....I mean, besides Izzy being the one time leader of the Maitoba Liberals.....

You mean the dead Izzy Asper?

His son is a member of the Federal Tories.

And if I do a web search, I'm sure the list for Harper will be equally long.

Do provide that list dobbin.

Your big *if* is merely childish and proves nothing.

Par for the course methinks....