Who was the worst PM

Historic worst  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why, Pierre Trudeau isn't loved by everyone you know.

To weed out both Mulroney and Trudeau, whose memorys are both too high it some minds for people to be fully objective.

If Chretien is listed,so should have been Paul Martin.

All those years in government, and he turned out to be a dud as PM.

I do not know who is the worst but I know for sure that I could be the worst if given the chance.

I would campaign on an airy-fairy platform of "restoring public trust" and "being hard on crime" and "putting a chicken in every pot" and "reducing taxes" while "maintaining services" and "bringing people together" to "move the country forward" and "ensure prosperity for the future" for "a kinder, gentler nation" yadda yadda yadda.

If I get a majority government, I will throw my platform out the window and slash and slash and slash public spending. People who complain about not getting their passports on time will be surprised when they find out that my government does not issue passports anymore!

Would that make me qualify for the worst Prime Minister?

To weed out both Mulroney and Trudeau, whose memorys are both too high it some minds for people to be fully objective.
What kind of opinion do you want?

It's too bad people needed to flog the dead horse of their biases rather than analyze things with greater perspective. This poll turns out to have been a waste of time.

You don't like the results so now its a waste of time LOL

It's too bad people needed to flog the dead horse of their biases rather than analyze things with greater perspective. This poll turns out to have been a waste of time.

Because it took an accurate gauge of the feelings of the posters her or doesn't agree with you preconceptions and biases?

You don't like the results so now its a waste of time LOL

Yes. I don't like the results because all we got was a collection of hackneyed prejudices about recent PMs rather than any sort of reflective consideration of policy choices and outcomes. Accordingly, it was a waste of time.

This poll turns out to have been a waste of time.

Only because the pollster was selective in his choices,which makes for a bad poll.

If ALL the PM's were on the list it might have played different.

Too bad you didn't get the results you were hoping for.....maybe the next slanted poll you post will work like you wanted.

Only because the pollster was selective in his choices,which makes for a bad poll.

Too bad you didn't get the results you were hoping for.....maybe the next slanted poll you post will work like you wanted.

Ah, go troll yourself.

Interesting angle, I hadn't thought of that. I was distressed at all the Liberals on the list, realizing it's because Canada has voted so many in.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm taking my first stab at this thread based on my vote, the only one for King, before reading other comments.

King was one who had seances with his mother. Definitely not a sign of stability.

More to the point, he is one of the few PM's with serious blood on his hands (we'll leave out Louis Riel, since that was one person). For him, "one Jew was too many" for Canada. Canada had previously been a country that had been quite welcoming to the Jews, and quite to Canada's advantage. After the morally and financially bankrupt Warren Gamaliel Harding slammed the US doors to immigration, and the Brits slammed their own doors and Palestine's under the notorious "White Paper" Canada slammed its doors.

Canada was a country that always believed it needed more people, not less. The Jews are far from perfect. However, in terms of immigrants, I can't think of any group, except maybe Icelanders and other Nordics, that contributed less crime, and better civic values. The results of the door slamming are tragic. Both King and Roosvelt bear a lot of blame for the scope and scale of the Holocaust.

OK, I'm taking my first stab at this thread based on my vote, the only one for King, before reading other comments.

King was one who had seances with his mother. Definitely not a sign of stability.

Seances were par for the course back for many of the elite back then. I wonder if they are making a comeback with the new prime minister. Get a haircut and palm reading?

King's stand on fleeing Jews may not have have been admirable but in a ranking of all Canadian prime ministers, he probably wouldn't be the choice as worst prime minister of anyone aside from yourself.

King's stand on fleeing Jews may not have have been admirable but in a ranking of all Canadian prime ministers, he probably wouldn't be the choice as worst prime minister of anyone aside from yourself.
I'd put him and Roosvelt on a league with Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, Bernardo and Pickton.