Who was the worst PM

Historic worst  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

King's stand on fleeing Jews may not have have been admirable but in a ranking of all Canadian prime ministers, he probably wouldn't be the choice as worst prime minister of anyone aside from yourself.
I'd put him and Roosvelt on a league with Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, Bernardo and Pickton.

Most Canadians do not know about this period in our history. I would not say that King was the worst Prime Minister. I don't know of another leader who stood up for the Jews during this period. I also would question whether there was a leader in Canada of any stripe who would have spoke up for the Jews prior to WW2.

R.B. Bennett. The worst Prime Minister of Canada.

This should be enough to draw out Geoffrey.

If I wasn't just checking in quick before heading out for the evening, I'd write a big response to this, but instead you get the temporary condensed version.

Bennett was thrust into a terrible, unwinnable situation. He made the best of the situation and brought Canada forward in terms of economic policy (a central bank, for example). He opened up free trade with the British Empire, which at the time, was a huge thing (this wouldn't be extended or brought back I suppose until Mulroney had the courage to ask Mexico and the United States to join in).

He was faced by a vicious judiciary that shot down everything he tried to do for the Depression... things that eventually were accepted under Liberal government (it's only bad when the blue do it).

It seems like Bennett is in third compared to the two obvious choices. Interesting.

Of course you all know who I voted for.

It seems like Bennett is in third compared to the two obvious choices. Interesting.

Of course you all know who I voted for.

Trudeau is a pretty obvious choice.

I think one of the saddest things about Trudeau is he denied Stanfield.

Stanfield has got to be near the top of the best Prime Minister's Canada never had.

King's stand on fleeing Jews may not have have been admirable but in a ranking of all Canadian prime ministers, he probably wouldn't be the choice as worst prime minister of anyone aside from yourself.
I'd put him and Roosvelt on a league with Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, Bernardo and Pickton.

You'd put Hitler on a par with Roosevelt?!?

You'd put Bernardo's handful of victims on a par with Hitlers millions?!?

What are you thinking, man?!?

You'd put Hitler on a par with Roosevelt?!?

You'd put Bernardo's handful of victims on a par with Hitlers millions?!?

What are you thinking, man?!?

OMG Figleaf. What are you imputing? :D