Impeach Bush

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cause the crap is 10 years old?
The fact that the material was under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for more than a decade opens an entirely different line of questioning: Is the entire group of United Nations bureaucrats running the IAEA legally insane?

I guess to Bush, 10 yrs is 'recent'. So why did this not hit MSM if it was so important?

Ah, the "lied about WMD" meme? Of course a lie is not necessarly a lie is not for sure a lie if it's only about blowjobs, right? And besides, a lie about WMD which wasn't actually a lie is worse than a lie about blowjobs which was in fact a baldfaced lie, because ummmm... The point is...ummmmm....

Ah yes, a lie about a consensual blowjob is much worse than a lie that results in the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars :rolleyes:

Yes, the only minor distinction being that Bush didn't lie but Clinton did. And I might add that your original thesis was that "a lie is a lie is a lie"; presumably meaning that it is the fact of a lie that is important and not the content of a lie. That would seem to negate the value of your second point that one lie is worse than another lie, itself based upon a false premise that there exists a lie at all in the case of Bush. That makes you doubly wrong.

I dunno, Bush speaking on that aircraft carrier a few years ago for all the world to see saying major combat in Iraq was over (under the huge banner MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) was perhaps the biggest whooper of them all.

Actually, this is what he really said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/01/...ain551946.shtml

I dunno, Bush speaking on that aircraft carrier a few years ago for all the world to see saying major combat in Iraq was over (under the huge banner MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) was perhaps the biggest whooper of them all.

He was talking about the AIRCRAFT CARRIER he was standing on at the time.It was almost home from a long deployment overseas.

Read up on the USS Abraham Lincoln.

He was talking about the AIRCRAFT CARRIER he was standing on at the time.It was almost home from a long deployment overseas.

Ehh....thats a bit of a stretch . I know thats how they spun it after the fact, blaming the navy for "putting it up" , but it was the white house that made the banner.

From the link at post #35:

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country.

He said MAJOR combat operations have ended.

This is true.

What we have today are minor terror attacks in a small area of Iraq carried out by those who are fanatics.The Shiite muslim group has a number of scores to settle.That is part of the reason for their attacks against the minority Sunni's who ran the coutry so brutally for decades.

There are no major combat opertions going on these days.

The Mission Accomplished banner was referring to the Carriers long deployment assignment.

Ehh....thats a bit of a stretch . I know thats how they spun it after the fact, blaming the navy for "putting it up" , but it was the white house that made the banner.

It is obvious that you did not read up on the Carrier Abraham Lincoln.

Try this:

http://www.cvn72.navy.mil/

LOL

Meanwhile from post #24:

LOL,

So far I fail to see a case for starting impeachment proceedings.

Why all the scattershot accusations against the president?

None of it is high crimes and misdemeanors.

Ciao

Still no credible post from anyone in the thread about posting valid grounds for impeaching President Bush.

LOL

In that case I will say it equally obvious you bought the spin on this one.

Fine by me. But as I recall , pretty much every newspaper in the US said the same thing, it aint no mission accomplished.

And then the spin came.

As for your link, is there something there about the sign, perhaps prior to the utterance of those famous words?

I looked but did not see. IF there is., I am all ears....and eyes to read it.

By the way, I do not support impeaching Bush. He is gone in a matter of what , 18 months? More important things to do on both sides of the aisle.

So does it matter who made the banner?

It still refers to the Carrier.

In that case I will say it equally obvious you bought the spin on this one.

Fine by me. But as I recall , pretty much every newspaper in the US said the same thing, it aint no mission accomplished.

And then the spin came.

As for your link, is there something there about the sign, perhaps prior to the utterance of those famous words?

I looked but did not see. IF there is., I am all ears....and eyes to read it.

By the way, I do not support impeaching Bush. He is gone in a matter of what , 18 months? More important things to do on both sides of the aisle.

Yeah the media played fast and loose on it.

Why are you so oblivious to the fact that the media played it up and so many fell for it?

Here is the relevant section you missed:

In April 2001, the ship moved to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard for a scheduled Planned Incremental Availability period. Completing PIA in October, Abraham Lincoln began workups for its next operational cycle. In July 2002, the ship and air wing deployed to support Operations Enduring Freedom and Southern Watch. On the way, Abe visited Sasebo, Japan; Hong Kong, China; Singapore, and Bahrain.

The deployment turned out to be anything but routine, as the normal six month rotation became a record-setting, extended 10 months. After providing support to OEF and OSW, the Abraham Lincoln paid a much deserved port visit to Perth, Australia. It was then that the determination was made to return to the northern stretches of the Arabian Gulf where the entire carrier battle group and airwing helped deliver the opening salvos and air strikes in Operation Iraqi Freedom. A total of 16,500 sorties were flown during that 10 months, and 1.6 million pounds of ordnance were used during OIF, on top of 265.118 pounds expended during support of OSW and OEF.

Upon arrival in Pearl Harbor, the ship had logged 102,816 nautical miles. Before steaming into San Diego, the deployment was culminated by a visit by the Commander-in-Chief, President George W. Bush, who welcomed the crew home for a job well done.

emphasis mine

The deployment was a record.

They did a lot of work to meet the assignments.Above and beyond the usual deployment service.

The ship was nearly home from a very long deployment assignment and was visited by the President just before entering the San Diego Naval dock area.

It was the media and others who made a mountain out of a molehill over a banner.

LOL

Try this article:

What Bush did not — and did — say

Don Surber

Charleston Daily News

That big speech four years ago was enlightening

Thursday May 03, 2007

Excerpt:

THIS week marked the fourth anniversary of President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln.

In just six weeks, America and her allies had swept away one of the most brutal and evil regimes on Earth. Many of us thought the tough part was over.

It turned out to be only the beginning. Instead of just saying, "mission accomplished," I wish the commander-in-chief had been more realistic.

I wish Bush had said, "We have difficult work to do in Iraq."

I wish Bush had said, "We're bringing order to parts of that country that remain dangerous."

I wish Bush said, "Our mission continues. Al-Qaida is wounded, not destroyed. The scattered cells of the terrorist network still operate in many nations, and we know from daily intelligence that they continue to plot against free people."

Of course, that is exactly what President Bush said on May 1, 2003. He did not just say "mission accomplished" and go home. He said one battle had been won.

In fact -- and journalists should try to deal with facts -- Bush did not even say, "mission accomplished," at all. That was on a banner behind him.

http://www.dailymail.com/display_story.php...5033&format=prn

emphasis mine

The President never used that banner in his speech.

Of course, that is exactly what President Bush said on May 1, 2003. He did not just say "mission accomplished" and go home. He said one battle had been won.

In fact -- and journalists should try to deal with facts -- Bush did not even say, "mission accomplished," at all. That was on a banner behind him.

No, he never said, 'one battle,' he said, 'major military operations'

as for the banner, he brought that with him, it was a banner not just MADE BY the White House - but also LIED ABOUT by the White House