Should another cold war arise between USA and China- who should Canada

Should another cold war arise between USA and China- who should Canada back?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will Canada back our war-loving rednecks to the south or the red so-called communists to the east? Or should we stay neutral?

We have already seen what backing the USA means- loss of culture, economic sellout, etc. But should we back China? I think we're closer politically to China than we are to the U.S.- who it's help China mess around with the USA.

I think we're closer politically to China than we are to the U.S.

I take it this is a joke, just someone wishing to stir debate (though I'm sure they will get a few supporters on the forum). But in case not:

Note. Vancouver is not China.

By closer, do you mean a not fully developed undemocratic one party system which mocks the law, is in support of genocidal action in Darfur, a nd extinguishing the cultures of Tibet and Taiwan?

P.S. Stay away from the Lower East Side. It will mess with your brain.

Will Canada back our war-loving rednecks to the south or the red so-called communists to the east? Or should we stay neutral?

We have already seen what backing the USA means- loss of culture, economic sellout, etc. But should we back China? I think we're closer politically to China than we are to the U.S.- who it's help China mess around with the USA.

Too much MSG in your Chinese food dude. That and maybe some other stuff. Now then. Got news for you. You are already controlled by both. SO you have a choice-big Macs and Coke (US) or Canadian souvenirs or batteries that don't work or toxic pet food. Take your pick cuz they are both here to stay.

More to the point if everyone in China urinated at the same time in your direction there would be a tidal wave of urine that would kill you. On the other hand, American television and junk food sounds like its already done the job.

No war today. Sorry.

Total of five votes so far, four USA and one China. I guess we know who voted for China, 1967100. It must be some code for his birthday.

P.S. If you want to lose your identity, get into bed with China, the center of the universe, to the Chinese.

Have you read some of the the threads around here? This description isn't far from Republican United States either.

How do ya figure that? Breaking what law? The illegal war law? Or how about sopena or impeach the opposition law? One party? I think there are two parties, with very different bases. Almost polar opposites.

Have you read some of the the threads around here? This description isn't far from Republican United States either.

How do ya figure that? Breaking what law? The illegal war law? Or how about sopena or impeach the opposition law? One party? I think there are two parties, with very different bases. Almost polar opposites.

Yes, breaking the law - domestic and international.

And if you've read some threads, it's clear some people are inclined to a one-party system in the US.

And if you've read some threads, it's clear some people are inclined to a one-party system in the US.

There are people who favour one party states in every country. Not excluding some who would call themselves Liberals in this country, who seem to think that it is their party's divine right to govern. In case you haven't noticed, the Democrats have a majority in both houses. So much for a one party Republican US.

" The Chinese are the most remarkable race on earth, and I have always thought and still believe them to be the coming rulers of the world. They only want a Chinese Peter the Great or Napoleon to make them so and in my idle speculations upon this world's future I have long selected them as the combatants on one side of the great Battle of Armageddon, the people of the United States of America being their opponents. The latter nation is fast becoming the greatest power in the world. Thank Heaven, they speak English , are governed by an English system of laws and profess the same regard that we have for what both understand by fair play in all national as well as in private business."

Lord Wolseley

Commander in Chief

British Army

Now that was a futurist. The last sentence is something to ponder if you are planning on taking sides.

...profess the same regard that we have for what both understand by fair play in all national as well as in private business."

Lord Wolseley

Commander in Chief

British Army

Now that was a futurist. The last sentence is something to ponder if you are planning on taking sides.

That last sentence is now highly questionable.

...profess the same regard that we have for what both understand by fair play in all national as well as in private business."

Lord Wolseley

Commander in Chief

British Army

That last sentence is now highly questionable.

Much less questionable than the alternative.

why would anyone vote back the USA?

Talk about hooking your cart to the losing horse.?

China is already a greater economic powerhouse then the US.

China 'owns' the US, money holdings wise.

China is the rising star, US the falling star.

Just had to comment, on the fact, I found that interesting, and would have thought there would have been at the very least more 'neutral' votes.

Just had to comment, on the fact, I found that interesting, and would have thought there would have been at the very least more 'neutral' votes.

You have answered your own question....China has already hitched its "cart" to the USA. As have Japan, and Canada, and Mexico. Giddyup!

You have answered your own question....China has already hitched its "cart" to the USA. As have Japan, and Canada, and Mexico. Giddyup!

"China has already hitched its "cart" to the USA."

For now, but this is a futuristic type question.

checked the foreign press lately?

Soon enough, this won't be the case.

Then it will be so long US, as Eurasia forms an economic/military superpower.

For now the US is merely the big bully, everyone cowtows to

Betcha can't wait to bow to Beijing and Tokyo instead. Things will be so much better.

....Soon enough, this won't be the case.

That's what they said about Japan in the 1980's....OOPS!

They don't "cowtow"...they beat a path in stampede fashion to big juicy US markets...specially our #1 trading partner....CANADA.

Betcha can't wait to bow to Beijing and Tokyo instead. Things will be so much better.

wow, a smear, how original.

....Soon enough, this won't be the case.

That's what they said about Japan in the 1980's....OOPS!

They don't "cowtow"...they beat a path in stampede fashion to big juicy US markets...specially our #1 trading partner....CANADA.

I don't think so, Japan, has long been nothing but a lackey of the US, right from ww2.

Oh yes, countries cowtow, for now.

Your big juicy US market, ain't so good lately.

To much big US consumer debt, increased bankruptcies, so forth and so on.

I believe China is going to use all those american dollars, to buy up assets ,worldwide, before the dollars lose to much value.

We got Venezuela regularily standing up to the bully, the South American countries, Bush is sucking up to them as opposed to overthrowing and oppressing them.

Then there is the whole India/pakistan/iran pipeline.

China and Russia doing military exercises together.

and on and on and on.

the beginning of US impotence, is all there.