New Liberal TV Ads

So here is a link to the Liberals new non - attack ads.

If you are going to go after the other guys for running attack ads isn't it a little hypocritical to run attack ads yourself?

Given the serious questions people have with Dion's level of English, why have him speak at all? Or at least really work on his diction for the spots.

These ads don't really help the Liberals very much. Oh well, they don't have the money for a good ad buy anyways. :lol:

If you are going to go after the other guys for running attack ads isn't it a little hypocritical to run attack ads yourself?

Reminds me of the attack ads from the Conservatives during the 2006 campaign. They actually said something like "the Liberals are planning to use attack ads" right inside their very own attack ad. Now that was hilarious.

I don't think the ads are too bad. It's one thing to say "this is what we've done/are going to do vs. this is what the other guys have done/are going to do", I don't see anything wrong with that. What I really don't like are the "soldiers in our streets" ads, or the Conservative Gomery/Corruption ads from the 2006 campaign.

Once a seperatist, always a seperatist. This piece of dog shit doesn't pass my believeable liberals list. In fact this guy is still on my PQ Seperatist List and has never moved an inch. I wish they would bring back Paul Martin. At least he spoke perfect English and had credibility on his side. He was also so conservative that Western people liked his policies.

How is that ad an attack at all? And I think his english has gotten a lot better... I think your really grasping at straws here guys....

Are you serious? It's definitely more of an attack ad than the CPC's truth ads.

Watch them again:

Liberals one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amsct4190qU

Conservative one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DqaNF0qIb0

The Liberal one was about how Harper failed the env, which is debatable.

The Conservative one was just 99% clips from the Liberal's leadership debate.

The Liberals are a little more feel good, I suppose that's why they appear to be less 'attack.'

Dion's English is good in that commercial, but that was likely recorded many times. Just wait until he's on the spot in a debate.

Here is one of my favourite Dion clips: http://www.liberal.ca/players/player_e.aspx?id=91

Hello Facebook, I thank you so much to all of you to participate in it, I'm very impressed and very encourage. It's a great support I am receiving. And I <uncomprehendable> motivate me alot to win the next election to offer to Canadians indeed what we believe in that means a more prosperous Canada, a more just Canada and a more sustainable Canada. We'll succeed all together!

He makes like 10 grammar mistakes in fewer sentences and sounds like he's talking to a two year old. That's in a prepared statement too. I fear the embarassment for the Liberals.

The Liberals are a little more feel good, I suppose that's why they appear to be less 'attack.'

Dion's English is good in that commercial, but that was likely recorded many times. Just wait until he's on the spot in a debate.

Here is one of my favourite Dion clips: http://www.liberal.ca/players/player_e.aspx?id=91

Hello Facebook, I thank you so much to all of you to participate in it, I'm very impressed and very encourage. It's a great support I am receiving. And I <uncomprehendable> motivate me alot to win the next election to offer to Canadians indeed what we believe in that means a more prosperous Canada, a more just Canada and a more sustainable Canada. We'll succeed all together!

He makes like 10 grammar mistakes in fewer sentences and sounds like he's talking to a two year old. That's in a prepared statement too. I fear the embarassment for the Liberals.

ROTFLMAO!!! What's with the "facebook"?

And I think his english has gotten a lot better...

Because he was making his speech slowly. It's when he gets passionate....and fired up....that's when it usually gets hard to follow what he's saying. At least, for me that is.

Anyway, the ad looks so "staged." The part where he banged the gavel particularly and raising his arms in "victory".

Facebook?? FakeBook.

Good heavens. Next, Dion should dress down in baggy pants hanging to his knees wearing a twisted ball cap and start talking jive.

Hello?!? My name is not Facebook.

Adults who fake being part of the "in-crowd" are laughed at by kids.

Facebook?? FakeBook.

Good heavens. Next, Dion should dress down in baggy pants hanging to his knees wearing a twisted ball cap and start talking jive.

Hello?!? My name is not Facebook.

Adults who fake being part of the "in-crowd" are laughed at by kids.

I do find Dion funny; except when the possibility of him being PM crosses my mind. Then I think he's SCARY!!

So here is a link to the Liberals new non - attack ads.

Ho-ho-ho! They got a well-rehearsed spin for that....when somebody pointedly voiced out that very thing . One Liberal strategist said : "There's a difference. It is an attack on policy. Not character." Lol.