Lynch and Tillman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last post: I imagine then no one cares that the U.S. military can wantonly and vicioulsly lie about how their brave men and women die; it's okay as long as it's somewhere on the killing field.

Look, there's a lot of crap that goes on when a soldier, sailor, airman, or marine dies in the line of duty, whether it was jumping on a live grenade or just taking a dump in the latrine. Were Lynch and Tillman exploited for propaganda purposes? Most definitely..it's a time honored tradition that goes back to at least WW2.

Honesty in War is an oxymoron.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The last soldier to see Army Ranger Pat Tillman alive, Spc. Bryan O'Neal, told lawmakers that he was warned by superiors not to divulge -- especially to the Tillman family -- that a fellow soldier killed Tillman...

link

too bad it took main stream media so many years to catch up.

Tillman/ Lynch, have been BS ops from the get go.

the entire Iraq invasion has been nothing but lies and frauds perpetrated on the American people - from WMD to Iraqi welcoming parades to Heroic girl truck drivers

'Wag the Dog' on juice

Ahem...Corporal Pat Tillman died from friendly fire in Afghanistan, not Iraq. Prepare for the dancing reply.

FYI: on my reading I don't notice that Guthrie said Pat tillman died in iraq, how could you read that?

Unless you wanted to?

In post one, newbie introduced the topic and tillman's death. In post 2 Guthrie commented on how bad things were in Iraq, which showed he thought it happened in Iraq. He later accused us of being nit picking buffoons, which is as close to an admission as you're going to get.

In post one, newbie introduced the topic and tillman's death. In post 2 Guthrie commented on how bad things were in Iraq, which showed he thought it happened in Iraq. He later accused us of being nit picking buffoons, which is as close as an admission as you're going to get.

You'll learn not to take anything Woody says seriously. He often makes up stuff, and even oftener makes hugely grand pronouncements about things that turn out to be the rantings of a simpleton. But my favorite is when he is confronted by a truth that he knows is a truth, but it's not the truth he likes, so he simply announces "that's a lie".

... which showed he thought it happened in Iraq. ...

this is a lie

A lie is when you willingly say something you know to be untrue. Since I can't read your mind, I don't know for sure if what I'm assuming in this matter is true. Therefore I'm not lying, I'm saying what I think.

In post one, newbie introduced the topic and tillman's death. In post 2 Guthrie commented on how bad things were in Iraq, which showed he thought it happened in Iraq. He later accused us of being nit picking buffoons, which is as close to an admission as you're going to get.

I disagree, let's review......

title of this entire thread. Lynch and Tillman, more U.S. military lies

1ST post:NEWBIE

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The last soldier to see Army Ranger Pat Tillman alive, Spc. Bryan O'Neal, told lawmakers that he was warned by superiors not to divulge -- especially to the Tillman family -- that a fellow soldier killed Tillman...

2ND post Guthrie:

the entire Iraq invasion has been nothing but lies and frauds perpetrated on the American people - from WMD to Iraqi welcoming parades to Heroic girl truck drivers

'Wag the Dog' on juice

what is clear upon reading the title, then the subject which is misrepresentation or "Military lies" re: Lynch and Tillman

it's quite clear what Guthrie is responding too, if other posters would ACTUALLY read what is posted, which guthrie did. he is responding to lies and misrepresentations visited on the populace and expanding on that thought, by including the BS and propaganda, inclusive of the iraq propaganda.

when my child was younger, and learning to read, I implored, read what is there, NOT , what you think is there. Too many posters did not read what was there, and read what they wanted/thought to be there.

To be honest, I don't quite see where Guthrie got confused.

Iraq and Afghanistan are intricately tied - both using 911 as an excuse to invade otherwise soveriegn countries.

911 was the total excuse to invade Afghanistan, due to the evil Osama rumoured to be lurking there in caves!

911 was also an excuse used to invade Iraq - well uh just cuz - since there was NO connection whatsoever to 911 wrt to Iraq. But the Neocons (Or should I say NeoLibs - take your pick) wanted to oust Saddam anyway - a puppet who had outlived his usefulness, and a puppet that knew too much.

Wrt Tillman and Lynch - it is very clear that their deaths were used for propoganda purposes - no matter which side of the 'proverbial fence' one sits.

Sure it happens... but should we - as apparantly enlightened folks allow that?

I personally think not.

2ND post Guthrie:

Excellent attempt to whitewash woody's faux pas. However, if someone said "Bushs' home state must be proud of him", and I were to pipe up with "Yeah, Alaska must be proud of him", would you make the same allowances for me and claim that I really meant that ALL of America was proud of him?

It's unfortunate that some people can't admit it when they make a mistake. Not to point fingers or anything, but perhaps some people make so many mistakes that if admissions accompanied every single one, it would be one large series of statements and admissions? Perhaps that's the reason other people want to help pull one's irons out of the fire too.

2ND post Guthrie:

Excellent attempt to whitewash woody's faux pas. However, if someone said "Bushs' home state must be proud of him", and I were to pipe up with "Yeah, Alaska must be proud of him", would you make the same allowances for me and claim that I really meant that ALL of America was proud of him?

It's unfortunate that some people can't admit it when they make a mistake. Not to point fingers or anything, but perhaps some people make so many mistakes that if admissions accompanied every single one, it would be one large series of statements and admissions? Perhaps that's the reason other people want to help pull one's irons out of the fire too.

scott: it's just the facts, and it is posters such as yourself, that can't grasp that. the title, says Tillman AND Lynch, Lynch was 'rescued'(which is bs) in IRAQ, further making woody's discussion of iraq applicable.

it is yourself and other posters who have made the error and cannot accept it, by failing to actually read what was written.

so, now, is this an effort to start a war of who insulted who first?

are you ready to admit everybody has a certain amount of culpability here?

or are you just looking for a clever method of getting away with flaming flaming?

No woody, just pointing out that when someone gives you a friendly warning to watch the name calling and you say he's telling the wrong person, that you should take the warning to heart.

except, he's telling the wrong person

Oh so that wasn't you then calling other buffoons and such......