Photos of Injured Iraqi Released

buffycat

I am posting this for those on this board who seem to think that the Iraq war has been a great and wonderful thing for Iraqis. It makes not an iota of difference whether it is the Brits or the Yanks doing the torture - as neither of them belong there in the first place.

I have to say, well done to the Guardian to show the results of 'the West's' efforts:

Guardian images

He is but one of many - sadly. Yeah, I suppose that is war - but when the 'war' is based on lies and fabrications - what then? What kind of torn feelings do the troops have? Many of them know - many also don't want to be there - since it has become clear that none it has anything to do with 'democracy' or 'freedom'.

Terrible.

I am posting this for those on this board who seem to think that the Iraq war has been a great and wonderful thing for Iraqis. It makes not an iota of difference whether it is the Brits or the Yanks doing the torture - as neither of them belong there in the first place.

I have to say, well done to the Guardian to show the results of 'the West's' efforts:

Guardian images

He is but one of many - sadly. Yeah, I suppose that is war - but when the 'war' is based on lies and fabrications - what then? What kind of torn feelings do the troops have? Many of them know - many also don't want to be there - since it has become clear that none it has anything to do with 'democracy' or 'freedom'.

Terrible.

Actually, you're taking this and running with it. He's "one of many"? But you just made that up. You also dforgot to mention this:

"Seven members of the Queen's Lancashire Regiment have faced charges relating to the alleged mistreatment of Iraqis in Basra in 2003."

Do you not see the difference between prosecuting people for this and chopping people's heads off and celebrating it all over the web?

I suppose there are no pictures of the four Americans hanging from the bridge ?

Do you not see the difference between prosecuting people for this and chopping people's heads off and celebrating it all over the web?

That actually cuts both ways. There are videos of the "other" side celebrating the deaths of Iraqis.

B_Cat? Are you kidding? The "Zionists" cut off Nick's head.

:P

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got five bucks for you...and you and you and you.

---Forgotten Rebels

Good grief do any of you actually know how to read?

It is war, of course the 'enemy' does it - though it's THEIR country! And the war was based on lies. That is most certainly confirmed - really I'm not making this up. :P

Do you dudes really think that this has made the 'West' safer? LMFAO if you do - though I've got a feeling that what we have in the above responses is a den of trolls - so be it.

Let's list the ways in which the Iraqi peoples are better off now:

-

-

- ?????

Can't think of too many.

And DOP - you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel eh? Insults again, no reasoning - keep it up!

Woof.

-

-

- ?????

Let's list the ways in which this is relevant to the war aim:

-

-

- ?????

Can't think of too many.

The intent of the war was to depose Saddam. That was fullfilled. The US did not go there to make the Iraqi people feel better. The only reason US troops are still there is because if they leave, havoc will ensue. Is that what you want?

Iraq was these guys' country, too.

(Not for the faint of heart...don't watch the last minute if easily offended)

[Edited to remove link since B_Cat fled the scene.]

-----------------------------------------

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing.

---Edmund Burke

Yeah, but not one of Bush's reasons were valid.

Of course they were valid.....the US Congress passed a law in 1998 and resolution in 2002 making it valid. President Bush only has to answer to the US Constitution, not critics in Canada or the USA.

He's responsible to American citizens. And most say he blew it. link

Some other sources: link2

link3

The only reason US troops are still there is because if they leave, havoc will ensue. Is that what you want?

Total speculation.

Be serious. That is like saying if I puill the poin of a hand grenade and put it in my pocket, blowing my nuts off is merely pure speculation.

The only thing stopping iraq from becoming an asian rwanda are coalition troops. Even so, as of today, over 680 Iraqis have been murdered this month be other iraqis....over 5000 this year

The only reason US troops are still there is because if they leave, havoc will ensue. Is that what you want?

Total speculation.

Be serious. That is like saying if I puill the poin of a hand grenade and put it in my pocket, blowing my nuts off is merely pure speculation.

The only thing stopping iraq from becoming an asian rwanda are coalition troops. Even so, as of today, over 680 Iraqis have been murdered this month be other iraqis....over 5000 this year

Kind of like how people bought the "mushroom cloud" B.S. There is absolutely no certainty that havoc will ensue. They want the Americans out, period.

Total speculation.

Kind of like how people bought the "mushroom cloud" B.S. There is absolutely no certainty that havoc will ensue. They want the Americans out, period.

Well, if "they" refers to the terrorists, you're right without a doubt. I'm sure the SS armoured divisions wanted the allies "out" too during WW II. Come to think of it, ALL of the Germans wanted the allies out, but for some reason the fascists Churchill and Roosevelt didn't go. Instead, they killed more Germans and then installed an illegitimate government in contravention of all the rules of sovereignty. There were no WMD! We owe Germany reparations!

I guess it took till 2006 to realize he was wrong and punish senators and reps instead.

Not an effective strategy.....it takes two thirds to override a presidential veto. Appropriations for war in Iraq and Afghanistan continue; no firm pull-out date yet.

President Bush was right in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 only to be wrong in 2006? Sounds like good 'ol politics to me. The speeches by Hillary and others supporting war will be hard to hide in 2008.

Total speculation.

There is absolutely NO certainty havoc will ensue, you are absolutely right!!!

The absolute certainty is this , as long as the US is there, havoc will continue.

How do we know this to be true and correct, cause it has been all along!

go newbie!

-

-

- ?????

Let's list the ways in which this is relevant to the war aim:

-

-

- ?????

Can't think of too many.

The intent of the war was to depose Saddam. That was fullfilled. The US did not go there to make the Iraqi people feel better. The only reason US troops are still there is because if they leave, havoc will ensue. Is that what you want?

LOL, the intent of the war was to grab resources and build military bases, to launch further attacks from

it was NOT, to free the people, from the tyranny of Saddam. That's a 'conspiracy theory'

Total speculation.

Clearly, you know nothing of Rwanda.

What helped Rwanda be the slaughter it was, was the peacekeepers.

The only thing keeping the guerilla warfare going is the illegal invasion and occupation.

I gotta say that some of the responses here are mind-boggling!

If 'democracy' were truly the intent - then why was Saddam ever supported in the first place? LOL

As far as ridding the country of Saddam - why? WMD? None of them! Ties to Al Queda? Nope, none of that either. Relation to 911? Notta! Zilch!

Oil? yepper!

Saddam knew a little too much about the nasty way the US and her cronies conduct their business? Yepper again! (No wonder they had to hang the bugger!).

Anyways - carry on!

Clearly, you know nothing of Rwanda.

What helped Rwanda be the slaughter it was, was the peacekeepers.

The only thing keeping the guerilla warfare going is the illegal invasion and occupation.

Clearly you know nothing, period. Try reading about Dallaire experiances and how with so few peacekeepers they were powerless to protect anyone.

PS, there is very little guerilla warfare in iraq. 90% of the violence is sectarian terrorism directed against iraqis by iraqis. This would escalate grossly if the coalition left.

Maybe that's what you would like then?