Tories Extend Gun Registry

[Of course, I did, I just wanted this type of response, to point out to people, that yes, indeed, the CPC do have a hidden agenda and are waiting to try to get a majority. This is in face of the reality, that any majority they would get, would not be of the majority of Canadians will. FPTP's time is over.

Of course. You cleverly baited a trap to catch someone admitting that the CPC's election platform has always been to scrap the gun registry. How clever to singlehandedly expose Harper's nefarious secret strategy of publically announcing something and actually meaning it! You are a sleuth excellent!

Thought they were going to scrap it? Apparently, another lie.

... Tory critics are accusing Harper of trying to quietly scrap the registry since he can't do it by legislation.

The reason they can't do it by legislation is they are a minority government, and do not have the votes to scrap it. But they can extend the exemption on long gun owners, which gives the Tories another year to win a majority and then end the registry.

It's not even close to a flip flop, did you read the whole link?

Of course, I did, I just wanted this type of response, to point out to people, that yes, indeed, the CPC do have a hidden agenda and are waiting to try to get a majority. This is in face of the reality, that any majority they would get, would not be of the majority of Canadians will. FPTP's time is over.

So you convict them for not scrapping the registry and then criticize them for doing it if and when they have a mandate? Right.

At any rate, your flip flop comment is nonsense, and your following remarks about wanting a certain type of response prove it.

Thought they were going to scrap it? Apparently, another lie.

... Tory critics are accusing Harper of trying to quietly scrap the registry since he can't do it by legislation.

The reason they can't do it by legislation is they are a minority government, and do not have the votes to scrap it. But they can extend the exemption on long gun owners, which gives the Tories another year to win a majority and then end the registry.

It's not even close to a flip flop, did you read the whole link?

Of course, I did, I just wanted this type of response, to point out to people, that yes, indeed, the CPC do have a hidden agenda and are waiting to try to get a majority. This is in face of the reality, that any majority they would get, would not be of the majority of Canadians will. FPTP's time is over.

So you convict them for not scrapping the registry and then criticize them for doing it if and when they have a mandate? Right.

At any rate, your flip flop comment is nonsense, and your following remarks about wanting a certain type of response prove it.

I never said a word about flip flop, I right out called them liars.

The police forces like it, perhaps that is why they are not?

Never understood why they like it so much. When they check the registry (the few times it's up, and knowing that it's likely many months outdated) before they go up to the front door of your house, do you really think they act any different if the registry says there is a gun.

Personally, if I were a cop, I'd assume that most criminals likely don't register their guns so the entire thing is a really big false sense of security.

The only area I can see cops liking it is with the recovery of stolen property.

Past that, I'm sure they cops would appreciate much more that same money spent on better training or resources or perhaps upgrading our justice system so that those they apprehend for violent crimes actually go to jail.

Past that, I'm sure they cops would appreciate much more that same money spent on better training or resources or perhaps upgrading our justice system so that those they apprehend for violent crimes actually go to jail.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Personally, I don't see much sense in the gun registry, but I'm sure the RCMP has a much better idea of it's effectiveness than I do. I say give the RCMP "X" amount of dollars and let them decide if they want to use that money for a gun registry or to hire more police officers, (insert other ways to prevent crime), etc...

Should gun owners be held responsible if their gun is stolen and used in a crime?

Should car owners be charged if they leave the keys in the ignition and it is stolen and the driver commits a crime or kills someone with it?

Borg

Should gun owners be held responsible if their gun is stolen and used in a crime?

Should car owners be charged if they leave the keys in the ignition and it is stolen and the driver commits a crime or kills someone with it?

Borg

Sadly they have. Lack of any alibi can do one in. But the trial was a different story. I do not know if convicted, but charged..?..oh yeah.

Should car owners be held responsible if a drunk steals their car and runs down a pedestrian?

They will be sued and successfully. And they have the pleasure of knowing that the car will HAVE to be fixed absent of any insurance monies....no pay on drunks! ('cept for leased veh)

Should they be held responsible if they knowingly give their keys to a drunk? Or knowingly give a criminal a gun?

Aide and abet.

Good question.

How about this one:

If Iran builds a nuclear bomb, and they leave it lying around without any sort of security, and al qaeda comes along and steals it and attacks the U.S./Canada, should we retaliate against Iran?

How about an example of the gun registry reducing crime?

I'd love to see that!

The police seem to consult the registry 5000 times a day. Think that might be helping to reduce crime or protect officers?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070417/...cda_gun_control

But the Canadian Police Association says its members consult the gun registry 5,000 times a day. They say it helps police determine what kind of weapons they might find inside a house, and what size security perimeter to erect during an operation.

"If the amnesty continues - you know what's going to happen," said association president Tony Cannavino.

"We're going to have less and less long guns registered. That's a problem - instead of being more accurate and having updates on who's buying long guns, that won't happen. . .

"The registry has always been useful to us."