Children As Decoys

bush is probobly one of the biggest mass murderers the world has ever seen, and a complete moron to go along with it.

But yet, the United States Of Violence allows him to get away with it

Have you made it out of high school yet? That is a very immature comment. To say GWB is one of the biggest mass murderers the world has ever seen shows a deep lack of understanding of world history much beyond 5 years ago. United States of Violence...lame.

I think it's more than a few.

Ah, yes...the mob understands the situation...much like any mob. Pitchforks and torches. I look at polls and go...gee...Disraeli was right. But, sure...we all hate GWB...yawn. Gone in how many months now? Meanwhile we'll still have the same idiot dictators running the 3rd World for the rest of our lives.

I would say the Americans used them as far worse than pawns or decoys

I guess Saddam should have played ball and did what the UN told him to do. I assume you sent money...

The fact that these people use children to add horror to their bombings is completely lost on some. Because in the opinions of a few that we should not be there negates the horror of the situation. It doesn't matter that it happens because the end justifies the means. I do not understand why people don't look at the situation for it is.

It's a peculiar blindness that pops up when bad things happen not caused by the US and there's no way to blame Bush for it. Much like terrorists using chemical warfare...hearing much about that from the "peace at all costs" crowd? Me neither... Gas away...it's OK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

---Mark Twain

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? I think you have me confused with someone else, Canadian Blue. Been around a while...just not here at this forum. BC 2004...scribblet...even tinfoiler PolyNewbie can confirm this if needed.

A quick check with your forum moderator will confirm that this IP has a single profile.

Meanwhile...thanks for your concern over trolls.

(Edit: Canadian Blue brought me up to speed...thanks, CB.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In seeking truth you have to get both sides of a story.

---Walter Cronkite

Most of this terrorism is done by the empire to maintain sectarian violence within Iraq. Involving children makes it sound more like the empire - probably Haliburton sex slaves.

No one operates at the level of depravity of the empire except the empire.

Why are you here? You don't honestly think your absurd, barely sane ramblings convince anyone of anything do you? Even the left wingers here are embarrassed by your drivel.

The fact that these people use children to add horror to their bombings is completely lost on some. Because in the opinions of a few that we should not be there negates the horror of the situation. It doesn't matter that it happens because the end justifies the means. I do not understand why people don't look at the situation for it is.

Well, yes because the US barging in there created a chaos situation which extremists use to promote their ends with all tactics available to them, including, if proven, using people as human shields. You can't blame ones while supporting the others. Both are wrong. Both methods are disgusting. Both lead to death and suffering of innocents.

Well...this is a disturbing new tactic. Children in the backseat are confirmed to have been used as a decoy to allow car bombers through a Baghdad checkpoint...then they were blown up.

“Children in the back seat lower suspicion,” he said (Maj. Gen. Michael Barbaro), according to a transcript. “We let it move through. They parked the vehicle. The adults run out and detonate it with the children in back.”

I'm not sure what else to say... I'm also not sure what would motivate someone or some group to employ such horrible methods. I'd die for my wife and kids...not the other way around.

Link.... Link 2.... Link 3....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The insane, on occasion, are not without their charms.

---Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

It might be new to you but not to some of us who have lived in the Middle East and witnessed it. I saw kids as young as 5 and 6 being used as decoys back in the early 70's in Gaza. Not just children, preganant women, the disabled, the elderly, mentally ill in the name of Islam.

Only this time, they can't blame Israel for the behaviour. Or will they.

Of course they'll blame Israel. Christ, they blame Israel for 911...why would they stop at Iraq?

Oh, and myata? When the US starts intentionally killing children as a matter of policy, it'll come close to the tactics used by these savages. When the US starts strapping explosives on its own 10 year olds and sending them against the enemy, we will have descended into the same level of barbary. Until that happens, your moral equivalency is nothing more than laughable putridity.

Yeah, keep laughing out of your moral superiority while people are dying. As they were dying in Vietnam, Latin America, and countless other places where US had tried to impose its will. Honestly, I can't care less whether and how "intentional" or not it had been. I doubt that those who had to die would care much either.

Yeah, keep laughing out of your moral superiority while people are dying. As they were dying in Vietnam, Latin America, and countless other places where US had tried to impose its will. Honestly, I can't care less whether and how "intentional" or not it had been. I doubt that those who had to die would care much either.

Well, most people think it matters.

Oh, and myata? When the US starts intentionally killing children as a matter of policy, it'll come close to the tactics used by these savages. When the US starts strapping explosives on its own 10 year olds and sending them against the enemy, we will have descended into the same level of barbary. Until that happens, your moral equivalency is nothing more than laughable putridity.

When we hear the word 'car bomb' it's easy to tune-out as well. How big are they? Just a stick of dynamite? Heck no. Many of these things are @!!" huge and often use the latests types of explosives. So huge at time they are like one of those big bombs the RAF used to drop on submarine pens...block-busters...tallboys...etc. They often throw large amounts of debris over a huge area...thus the high wounded counts.

Here's a few YouTube examples...

Geeze!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJ3qTRJKaY Small charge sets off suspected car bomb.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans have nothing but bad ideas and Democrats have no ideas.

---Lewis Black

The implicit argument here being that we should.

I made no argument that we should stoop to their levels, implicit or otherwise, that is simply more creative thinking 101.

There seems to be no barbarity low enough for these religious scumbags to stoop.

What is even more appalling is the people who seem to be defending such actions.

Sure, matters. You stir the mud, you got the blame. Can't have it both ways, morally. US, knights of the moral good dropping a few bombs (on occasion, nuclear) here and there for greater good vs them incarnations of evil resisting our enlightning efforts every inch of the way.

Sure, matters. You stir the mud, you got the blame. Can't have it both ways, morally. US, knights of the moral good dropping a few bombs (on occasion, nuclear) here and there for greater good vs them incarnations of evil resisting our enlightning efforts every inch of the way.

Engrish preez?

Describe WW2 in 1000 words...I need a laugh.

What is even more appalling is the people who seem to be defending such actions.

I know! I think we've now determined that America did this horrible act. They 'forced' the 'freedom fighters' to act in a 'desperate manner'...thus the murder...errrr...needed sacrifice of children outright. It's just cause and effect...no different than any other 'desperate' situation (like Stalingrad or Berlin as noted earlier). All I'll point out is that the bombers didn't feel the need to blow themselves up. They exited the car...blew it up in a market...then ran away like heros.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They sowed the wind and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

---Arthur Harris

You'd seriously claim that America's aventure in Iraq can be compared to WWII? Sorry, one can't have a serious discussion on this level. It belongs in the kindergarten.

No....those are your words. What I'd like to see is your version of the events that led up to America dropping two atomic bombs on Japan in 1945. But that's another thread. However, I'm sure I'd find it most entertaining. Much like some folks descriptions of the Arab-Israeli Wars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.

---Harry S Truman

And it was discussed in another thread. There was no direct or immediate threat to the US in its Pacific war. Yet they dropped the nukes as they used napalm in Vietnam and shelled Fallujah in Iraq. Tell us that those were, like, Stalingrad or Berlin.

And it was discussed in another thread. There was no direct or immediate threat to the US in its Pacific war. Yet they dropped the nukes as they used napalm in Vietnam and shelled Fallujah in Iraq. Tell us that those were, like, Stalingrad or Berlin.

Well, the US was a bit concerned that it would cost them a million or so men to take Japan by storm. It was deeply unfair of them to pick the enemy to die instead, but oh well...

How are the Americans supposed to use conventional weapons when engaging the enemy? Not use them? Would you also suggest that 'freedom fighters' stop gassing people with chlorine? How about driving children into a crowd then blowing them up? If you were the CO of an infantry company faced with the job of removing an entrenched enemy from your zone...how many soldiers would you let die foolishly before calling in an air strike or artillery?

But I can see you're worried about the well being of the enemy. So in theory, if your son was in a marine division set to invade Japan in Operation Olympic, you'd be cool with him dying when the US government had a special very expensive weapon that would end the war immediately. You'd still vote Truman...right? Even with the star of service in your window?

As ScottSA mentioned...

Well, the US was a bit concerned that it would cost them a million or so men to take Japan by storm. It was deeply unfair of them to pick the enemy to die instead, but oh well...

...war just isn't fair...when one side starts losing, there's nothing that says your supposed to give them a chance to rearm. But as I can see by your statement re: no threat, you'd have been content to let Imperial Japan do just that if you were in charge. Very glad you're not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.

---Admiral William Halsey Jr.

...war just isn't fair...when one side starts losing, there's nothing that says your supposed to give them a chance to rearm. But as I can see by your statement re: no threat, you'd have been content to let Imperial Japan do just that if you were in charge. Very glad you're not.

This particular strain of pacifistic idiocy really came out when Israel attacked Hezbollah. The entire left was yowling that it was "disproportionate", as if Israel ought to fire a 105mm round and then sit back and wait till Hezbollah had it's turn to fire a rocket in return. I think the some on the left see this war thing as some kind of game with refs running around calling time outs for offsides and awarding points for "fairness".