How Old Are You?

Remiel

Yah! To hell with social conventions! I don't know that I really have a really great reason for asking this, but well... I don't care anymore! :)

Anyway, obviously, if you think that this is just another one of my poorly thought out, really crass questions, then, well... don't reply. No one is forcing anyone to divulge their age, but most people seem to be fairly free with giving out the hints, so it can't really hurt that much, can it?

Of course, since I am asking, I also have to fess up to my age now; I am 22. Yeah, go ahead, laugh, point fingers, decry my lack of meaningful life experience! Happy now? :)

Also, try to look at the thread in a nice frame of mind.

And bear in mind that as per the suggestion of a certain other poster, others are free to post about how old you act. So go ahead, tell me I act like I'm 2, it won't hurt, hehehe...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said there had to be a point?

Mostly, as a young person, I am somewhat interested in if there is a corellation between the age of people who vote, and the age of people who spend a significant portion of their time debating/arguing/strangling over politics and related topics. As I understand, the demograph with the highest percentage of voters is old people, and lowest percentage is younger, but I was wonder if the heightened interest of young people with computer skills and interest would skew the results so that a more proportionate number of young people would to older people would be debating online. Now, I am fairly sure that seniors are underrepresented online, with exceptions maybe of professionals who make heavy use of the internet, so my comparison will probably only show younger people compared to middle-aged people.

But, hey, what do I know... Anyway, nothing compelling anyone to blab their age. Purely voluntary.

I remember the Beatles, live. I remember Vietnam, live. I heard Neil Armstrong say those famous words, live.

Of course, live means live on TV.

I think it's a great idea to post ages so we know if we're talking to someone who has lived or merely thinks they know everything anyway like my teenaged kids. That's like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you find out the pig likes it.

I remember the Beatles, live. I remember Vietnam, live. I heard Neil Armstrong say those famous words, live.

Of course, live means live on TV.

I think it's a great idea to post ages so we know if we're talking to someone who has lived or merely thinks they know everything anyway like my teenaged kids. That's like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you find out the pig likes it.

I remember when Kennedy sent the first group of 100 troops to vietnam. If fact, I remember when Eisenhower was still president.

then the number of posts figures how old I am
765? How many begats are we talking here?

well I wanted to justify the following:

"Now, I am fairly sure that seniors are underrepresented online, with exceptions maybe of professionals who make heavy use of the internet, so my comparison will probably only show younger people compared to middle-aged people."

According to the board I average 0.6 post per day so that figures my representation - choose young, middle-aged or senior

If I had my way I would redefine the age group

25-30 - old

30-35 - older

35-40 - much older

over 40 - very much older

etc.

Dear RB,
25-30 - old

30-35 - older

35-40 - much older

etc.

It's all relative, I guess. I am 39, and I now view anyone under 30 as 'young', 30-50 as 'my age', and (most) over 50 as 'wise'.

I hear you there! I'll turn 31 in November and 40 just got deleted from my list of ages considered old. Considering how fast my 20's disappeared I figure 40 will come pretty quickly. I am the oldet of my friends and as they all turned 30 along with me a welcomed them to geyserdom.

then the number of posts figures how old I am
765? How many begats are we talking here?

well I wanted to justify the following:

"Now, I am fairly sure that seniors are underrepresented online, with exceptions maybe of professionals who make heavy use of the internet, so my comparison will probably only show younger people compared to middle-aged people."

According to the board I average 0.6 post per day so that figures my representation - choose young, middle-aged or senior

If I had my way I would redefine the age group

25-30 - old

30-35 - older

35-40 - much older

etc.

Excuse me!!!

In my office, the senior partner's age is 61, I am 49, the two junior partners are both 43, and the associates are 29, 28 and 26. I am by far the most facile with the computer and the Internet. I had to show the 28 year old how to "redline" or compare documents on the computer.

As a side note, I really enjoy having the opportunity to debate and discuss issues with older professionals. Unfortunately, being generally unmotivated and a terrible student (I did horribly in high school), I don't exactly provide the same service to you guys. Politics is one of the few things I could be really passionate about as a career, I think, and in the next election I'm thinking of trying to break the ice by volunteering for my ridings Liberals, if the former mayor of my town becomes their candidate. The Conservatives won by a land slide in the last election, but I think the old mayor could stand a ghost of a chance. Could be fun. End hijack of my own thread.

• 4 weeks later...

a riddle! i'll give you a rittle;

in the states to young to drink, i canot by a cigar, i have the time to pass my teacher, and can definitly drive a car.

is that the answer you need? i think i'm the youngest! but i do have life experiance. ask me of things and i would answer, and i can grab a blade, i'm adult enough to work my self, even to the grave.

if you don't get it, them your too young, and i older then you, and based in though that i am me, 11 and a half is the size of my shoe.

if you still dont get it i'm 5-5-5-1+21+5-3+5+5=

and if you still dont get it...

It's all relative, I guess. I am 39, and I now view anyone under 30 as 'young', 30-50 as 'my age', and (most) over 50 as 'wise'.

am i not wise then? i need to know more? then is always to question a flaw? my grandpa is a damned fool to me :blink: , his wisdom dank and dull. he thinks he knows : it all already. but i beleive he does not, for i asked him and he said, "what?"

in the states to young to drink, i canot by a cigar, i have the time to pass my teacher, and can definitly drive a car.

is that the answer you need? i think i'm the youngest! but i do have life experiance. ask me of things and i would answer, and i can grab a blade, i'm adult enough to work my self, even to the grave.

if you don't get it, them your too young, and i older then you, and based in though that i am me, 11 and a half is the size of my shoe.

Oooh that rhymed. How...nice

If they took your use of the English language as a hint I think most people could have guessed your age fairly accurately.

As a side note, I really enjoy having the opportunity to debate and discuss issues with older professionals. Unfortunately, being generally unmotivated and a terrible student (I did horribly in high school), I don't exactly provide the same service to you guys. Politics is one of the few things I could be really passionate about as a career, I think, and in the next election I'm thinking of trying to break the ice by volunteering for my ridings Liberals, if the former mayor of my town becomes their candidate. The Conservatives won by a land slide in the last election, but I think the old mayor could stand a ghost of a chance. Could be fun. End hijack of my own thread.

Politics doesn't require motivation or academics... look at Klein. The guy was a high school dropout. Being said, motivation is a bit of a requirement in reality.

On the age topic, we're pretty comparable in age...

If they took your use of the English language as a hint I think most people could have guessed your age fairly accurately.

oh... you mean 13 and a half? i spell bad and have barley any insite into world geography. but i'm good with science! history and philosiphy too, go ahead, ask away! and by the way i'm 17. also i suck at math as well.

Oooh that rhymed. How...nice

His use of English is not bad, since English is only a minor language in Canada, from what I understand from my trip to the Conservative convention in 2005.

His use of English is not bad, since English is only a minor language in Canada, from what I understand from my trip to the Conservative convention in 2005.

Reminds me of the time I went to New York. Seemed like everyone I met was Jewish lawyer. Bizarre, don't you think?