Northwest Passage

Id like to read more about that, It was Bush admin policy NOT to reward contracts to ppl that didnt support their Iraq invasion and we didnt so I would like to see how we are connected there ....

Oh please....PM Martin pitched a fit so the evil 'Merkins tossed him a bone. It was a small bone, but Canada jumped on it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please....PM Martin pitched a fit so the evil 'Merkins tossed him a bone. It was a small bone, but Canada jumped on it.

So ur not going to post an article about this?

I can understand why being told ur country is rotten would bother someone but cant u be honest enough with urself to say "Ya, ur right, the u.s. is a mess and we cause a lot of problems in the world, I wish we could be a better country and I hope I can contribute to that"

I can understand why being told ur country is rotten would bother someone but cant u be honest enough with urself to say "Ya, ur right, the u.s. is a mess and we cause a lot of problems in the world, I wish we could be a better country and I hope I can contribute to that"

Do your own homework.

I can understand why you don't want to find out what Canada is doing / has done in the world and be honest with yourself about your own problems without pointing to America at every turn but happily exporting 85% to them including uranium for the Cold War H-bombs and DU and other defense products not to mention all the human rights abuses for mining like in Myanmar and other parts of Asia / Americas and domestic fiascos for First Nations like residential schools and abuse of women and no potable drinking water plus not reducing greenhouse gases growth as much as other countries including the US and corrupt government adscam trials that turfed the liberals.

I don't want the "u.s." to be any different...I like it just the way it is.

Do your own homework.

I can understand why you don't want to find out what Canada is doing / has done in the world and be honest with yourself about your own problems without pointing to America at every turn but happily exporting 85% to them including uranium for the Cold War H-bombs and DU and other defense products not to mention all the human rights abuses for mining like in Myanmar and other parts of Asia / Americas and domestic fiascos for First Nations like residential schools and abuse of women and no potable drinking water plus not reducing greenhouse gases growth as much as other countries including the US and corrupt government adscam trials that turfed the liberals.

I don't want the "u.s." to be any different...I like it just the way it is.

Woah woah woah, if we are going to compare things here Canada comes will come out ahead of the u.s., the problems the u.s. cause are huge and Canada supposed involvement in Iraq is thankfully minuscule if at all, we shouldnt be there at all but that said YOUR country invaded them and has butchered hundreds of thousands of iraqis and turned the rest of the sensible world more against you then they were before the invasion.

America gets criticized because of the fact it causes so much harm in the world, it gets slammed because of ur radical right wing ideologies that hurt ur own people and the lack of any care for ur own society by the general populous, recently I read an article about how strange it is that americans seem to think its wrong to help ppl ...

Btw adscam wouldnt even be a crime in the u.s., it would be seen as another example of cronism, that doesnt excuse what the liberals did but the liberals on a BAD day are blessed saints compared to yank conservatives on their best behaviour ...

Could you stop this horrible text messaging style of writting?

Please stop with the "Oh we cant do anything about it" crap, its not realistic, its defeatist and Canada is better than that ...
Oh yes, bulk commodities that are fungible sell at better prices to distant China than right next door. Explain that.

Schoolyard bully on steroids. Boots to throat, and ripping off is a bit graphic. Probably some 4'9" mig getting off on his computer.

Close, a 6'3" guy thats tired of lazy, stupid Canadians letting our country dissolve infront of our eyes without doing a damn thing about it ...

Im also fed up with the crap that the u.s. causes, we need to oppose them in any way we can, they are one of the greatest threats to the world today, maybe the most being that they not only have the will and the weapons but they are insane enough to murder any population that stands in their way, at least with some other insane countries they tend to be 3rd worlds with a military that could only stop wooden arrows but the u.s. is a whole different beast ...

Of course noone will see this point here and everyone will assume theres nothing to be worried about ...

Im also fed up with the crap that the u.s. causes, we need to oppose them in any way we can, they are one of the greatest threats to the world today, maybe the most being that they not only have the will and the weapons but they are insane enough to murder any population that stands in their way, at least with some other insane countries they tend to be 3rd worlds with a military that could only stop wooden arrows but the u.s. is a whole different beast ...

Of course noone will see this point here and everyone will assume theres nothing to be worried about ...

Canada sure doesn't walk your talk....just ask the Serbs that PM Chretien bombed in 1999. Canadian forces aren't necessarily teaching hockey theory in southern Afghanistan. And the $1.4 billion in cross-border trade each day means that opposition has a price that Canada will not/does not wish to pay.

QUOTE(Agaric @ Oct 18 2007, 11:42 PM)

Could you stop this horrible text messaging style of writting?

Hear hear. I can't think of anything that lowers the tone quite as much as the deliberate piecemeal execution of the English language. This ain't grade nine.

Edited by ScottSA

Canada sure doesn't walk your talk....just ask the Serbs that PM Chretien bombed in 1999. Canadian forces aren't necessarily teaching hockey theory in southern Afghanistan. And the $1.4 billion in cross-border trade each day means that opposition has a price that Canada will not/does not wish to pay.

Canada isent perfect, I would never say that but ur deliberately missing THE point!

The u.s. causes much of the harm in the WORLD, they overthrow democratic governments, they murder hundreds of thousands of ppl for control and money, they steal the rights from its very ppl!

The u.s. is a major threat to the world, period, end of sentence, just admit that and stop trying to deflect the issue "Well Canada does this" or "Well Africa did this other thing".

You cant defend someones actions by comparison, either they are a threat and do cause lots of harm or not, stop urself from deflecting things, face the topic head on ...

The u.s. causes much of the harm in the WORLD, they overthrow democratic governments,

Name two in the last 30 years

they murder hundreds of thousands of ppl for control and money, they steal the rights from its very ppl!

Name two

Name two in the last 30 years

In the last 30 years? You conveniently trying to redefine my point?

Sorry my point stands and I will give u a few examples, so much for a just government, the u.s. has been corrupt and corrupting for over 30 years *LOL*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._intervention_in_Chile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ajax

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATQrQ5pfDYo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemal...d'%C3%A9tat

http://sincronia.cucsh.udg.mx/dominican.html

Name two

Name 2 what? name 2 ppl killed by the u.s. !?!??! or 2 rights that have been stolen ????!!??!

Either way thats a ridiculous question ...

rights

1. free speech zones

2. spying

Just click here to get a sense of how many innocent Iraqis have been butchered ...

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq/iraqdeaths.html

You cant defend someones actions by comparison, either they are a threat and do cause lots of harm or not, stop urself from deflecting things, face the topic head on ...

Nonsense...I am not trying to defend anything....Canada is doing fine looking out for its own interests, and that includes overthrowing governments (Haiti), bombing people (Iraq, Kosovo, Afghanistan), and tearing up the planet for mineral ore, including Myranmar. As far as comparing the US to Canada, it is only a matter of scale, not purpose. If you have a guilt trip over "causing harm", talk to Ottawa because Washington sure as hell isn't listening to you.

America is not "hated" for what it does....it is hated because it does it better than anyone else.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

America is loved far more than it is hated, everywhere in the world.

Oh no...America has lost all the "good will" and is hated around the world! Still, this doesn't stop millions of immigrants from lining up to get in, many illegally, but it's not like "good will" meant crap anyway, except to America's detractors.

Canada isent perfect, I would never say that but ur deliberately missing THE point!

English please. Or French.

The u.s. causes much of the harm in the WORLD, they overthrow democratic governments, they murder hundreds of thousands of ppl for control and money, they steal the rights from its very ppl!

The u.s. is a major threat to the world, period, end of sentence, just admit that and stop trying to deflect the issue "Well Canada does this" or "Well Africa did this other thing".

I will attempt to answer this troll post in a serious manner.

The US is not perfect. The British Empire before it was not perfect. The Holy Roman Empire was not perfect. Pax Romana was not perfect.

The US, followed by the British, have, of all the dominant superpowers, been by far the greatest force for good in the world. I have deliberately not invoked Godwin's law, or compared the US to such other abysmal examples as Islam (which still, except for Israel, spans from the Atlantic to, in parts of the Phillippines, the Pacific in creating human wretchedness, or the USSR or China, which have in their own way slaughtered millions.

When you make arguments that are so devoid of serious content, they end rather than further debate, and not in the way you want. No serious thinker will accept that "(t)he u.s. is a major threat to the world, period, end of sentence". And don't call Noam Chomsky or Norman Mailer serious thinkers.

Great examples, but nothing compared to Muslim/Communist/WW II Fascist killing fields. Occasionally, one must support imperfect regimes.

Edited by jbg

America is not "hated" for what it does....it is hated because it does it better than anyone else.

I do not think America is hated by very many. Simply because we regularly see people led by communist trained professional 'protesters' on the nightly news, it does not translate into hatred for the USA.

It is laughable when squads of protesters from some third world theocracy carrying signs and chanting anti-American slogans are on the TV news, but the MSM ignores the thousands fleeing the same nation seeking refugee status - in the USA.

Leftist/progressives love to chant that the US is "hated" but they do have a propensity for telling us what they would like rather than what is correct and true. I have no respect for Americans who hate their nation.