Northwest Passage

I don't need to click on your link

Actually it's not "my" link. I didn't create it, I simply did a search for it.

Of course you don't need to click on it. Might as well continue hiding your head in the sand and pretending all is well -- it's easier that way I guess.

All those container ships that arrive at all your ports --- are they empty? Or are they full of IMports? Hmmmm? Imports a year ago were less expensive for you than they are today due to the fact that the greenback has less buying power.

Are we wrapping our brains around this yet? I know that as hard as it is to believe, the greenback HAS FALLEN in comparison to other currencies.

Them's just the facts... don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

Edited by Drea

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
Actually it's not "my" link. I didn't create it, I simply did a search for it.

Of course you don't need to click on it. Might as well continue hiding your head in the sand and pretending all is well -- it's easier that way I guess.

One...more...time. I'm perfectly aware of what's going on with our dollar value-wise.

That makes three times I've told you that so hopefully the third time's a charm-- and you finally comprehend what I'm saying; that I don't need to click on your link (or to go along with your word games, the not-your-link link that you provided).

Try wrapping your brain around the fact that my lifestyle doesn't depend on those imports you're referring to. Try wrapping your brain around the fact that Americans' lives are going on as usual-- which is why so many aren't aware of the drop; why they aren't fretting about it. Good grief. Would it make you feel better if I pretended to cry because our dollar has dropped in value? :rolleyes:

Would it make you feel better if I pretended to cry because our dollar has dropped in value? :rolleyes:

Apparently , and sadly, I think it might work for her.

Some just dont understand the simple fact that a pimple on an elephants ass can double in size and the elephant will still be unaware of it. The canadian dollar is the pimple---got it drea?

Americans know their dollar is dropping, they know the price of gas has gone up. They know, likely, that the price of goods will go up some.

But just like it was here when the dollar was tanking at 65 cents, it did not make a day to day noticeable difference in our lives.

Some of the glee here is pretty sad.

Apparently , and sadly, I think it might work for her.

Some just dont understand the simple fact that a pimple on an elephants ass can double in size and the elephant will still be unaware of it. The canadian dollar is the pimple---got it drea?

Americans know their dollar is dropping, they know the price of gas has gone up. They know, likely, that the price of goods will go up some.

But just like it was here when the dollar was tanking at 65 cents, it did not make a day to day noticeable difference in our lives.

Some of the glee here is pretty sad.

See, still refusing to acknowledge that there are more currencies that the Loonie and the Greenback.

Again -- there are all kinds of currencies across the world. The US dollar is falling in comparison to CURRENCIES OTHER THAN THE CANADIAN DOLLAR. Whtat part of this is so difficult to understand?

Guyser, glad to see you think so much of Canada that you call it a "pimple". Perhaps you should export some of your self hatred?

Sadly, Americans have no clue how to analyze why their country is going down the tube. Not their fault really... when all one gets is propaganda, one does not realize it's propaganda.

Guest American Woman

This is exactly the point I've been making-- that it isn't making a noticeable difference in our lives. So far prices haven't even gone up. Sure gas prices have risen, but they have in Canada too. If and when prices do go up, at this point we're talking 'nickle and diming,' not life-style altering differences. That seems to be a major disappointment to Drea. And yes, as you said, that is sad.

See, still refusing to acknowledge that there are more currencies that the Loonie and the Greenback.

Again -- there are all kinds of currencies across the world. The US dollar is falling in comparison to CURRENCIES OTHER THAN THE CANADIAN DOLLAR. Whtat part of this is so difficult to understand?

Difficult to understand? Whats difficult to understand is your blatant ignorance.

Do you have to ream someone in the head to acknowledge any given?

The sun is shining. Do I have to now say there is daylight too?

Every single American can tell you there is more out there than the greenback and the loonie. Most, or at least any that care , know that the USD is falling. Pssst....they have newspapers tv and the internet south of us.

Guyser, glad to see you think so much of Canada that you call it a "pimple". Perhaps you should export some of your self hatred?

Better that than some sanctimonious revelations about our neighbours struggling dollar. Be happy, do your lil jig around the kitchen , sing out about the US dollar falling. Your cat will probably leave the room. Probably should pluralize that to cats.

I am sorry you dont understand context. We are a pimple in comparison. The only claim we can make is that we have more sq kilometres. Woo Hoo ! Sure it sucks sometimes. But thats life.

Ouch the self hating Canadian....thats so harsh, and so, dumb? I dont hate my country in the least. In fact I love it, wouldnt move for pretty much anything. Love the US too. Lots of friends there , and will be going there this weekend. Going to spend some cash too , just to help them out.

Sadly, Americans have no clue how to analyze why their country is going down the tube. Not their fault really... when all one gets is propaganda, one does not realize it's propaganda.

300million dumb f***s eh? Just how do they keep things running down there?

Propaganda? Front page news today about the falling dollar.Lets see, NYP, WP, LAT, CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, Picayune Times, Schenectady Daily Gazette .

Sadly the Chickasa News did not. So maybe the good folks of Grand County are in the dark. Bet they dont care either.

Edited by guyser

I am sorry you dont understand context. We are a pimple in comparison. The only claim we can make is that we have more sq kilometres. Woo Hoo ! Sure it sucks sometimes. But thats life.

Ouch the self hating Canadian....thats so harsh, and so, dumb? I dont hate my country in the least. In fact I love it, wouldnt move for pretty much anything. Love the US too. Lots of friends there , and will be going there this weekend. Going to spend some cash too , just to help them out.

300million dumb f***s eh? Just how do they keep things running down there?

Propaganda? Front page news today about the falling dollar.Lets see, NYP, WP, LAT, CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, Picayune Times, Schenectady Daily Gazette .

Sadly the Chickasa News did not. So maybe the good folks of Grand County are in the dark. Bet they dont care either.

Wow....you are hereby inducted into the honorary American hall of fame, if not a dual citizen already. This candid rant sums things up nicely. I will buy additional Abitibi wood products this weekend in your honor, no matter what the cost in American pesos.

Wow....you are hereby inducted into the honorary American hall of fame, if not a dual citizen already. This candid rant sums things up nicely. I will buy additional Abitibi wood products this weekend in your honor, no matter what the cost in American pesos.

Thanks. But dont ask about your, and our Governments. The people, A1. Umm....the , well you know.

Actually instead, if you could just speed things up and have Thanksgiving at a decent time of year, like this weekend , or hell today since its thursday, then I could get in on the really good sales and save even more cash.

You do have numerous cats dont you?

One actually. He's a senior guy at age 11.

What does that have to do with anything?

I know for a fact there are kitty cats, and even people who love them, in the USA... I see 'em on You Tube all the time. ;)

Wasn't "death kitty" in the states? The cat that would go near people and they would die!! Booga booga terrorist kitty! ;)

Edited by Drea

What will Canada do....sink a Russian or American nuclear powered submarine inside "territorial waters"? Great idea!

I agree. One hundred per cent. What are you going to do? Call us terrorists? :lol:

This would be the perfect time to do it.

Bush_Cheney2004, your main argument seems to be "We have the guns and you need to kiss our ass."

If we were to sink one of your subs right now, you'd be sucking wind in front of the entire world.

Like I said. It's not who's your daddy. It's who's your friend.

Suck on that for a while.

Honestly the US could crush us in minutes, our Army is in Afghanistan our Navy is useless unless it's "Soup Call" and they run like hogs to the pit. Christ they can't moar a warship without hitting the dock, look out US we are coming for your "Docks". Our Airforce (thankyou Liberals) is defunct, the newest aircraft the Liberals bought can only fly three hours and then it's back to base for a full inspection of the tail rotar (SAR). What is heavens name shall we defend this Country with? Sea Kings falling out of the air on suicide missions. This hatred of the US by the left is dangerous, without them we would be a third world hellhole if the far left gets to rule. Who's going to buy our goods and protect us? Cuba, snickerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bush_Cheney2004, your main argument seems to be "We have the guns and you need to kiss our ass."

If we were to sink one of your subs right now, you'd be sucking wind in front of the entire world.

Like I said. It's not who's your daddy. It's who's your friend.

Suck on that for a while.

Lot's of sucking and friends on your mind....eh? I can't help you with that, but before you sink that nuke sub, think about the RC.

Our Airforce (thankyou Liberals) is defunct, the newest aircraft the Liberals bought can only fly three hours and then it's back to base for a full inspection of the tail rotar (SAR).

I see you dont read much.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/search/article/107170

. This hatred of the US by the left is dangerous, without them we would be a third world hellhole if the far left gets to rule. Who's going to buy our goods and protect us? Cuba, snickerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ah the old tired mantra . It must get tiresome to repeat ad naseum.

And to think, the left was in power for so long and not a third world hellhole to be found.

Honestly the US could crush us in minutes, our Army is in Afghanistan our Navy is useless unless it's "Soup Call" and they run like hogs to the pit.

Really, the navy is far from useless, quit telling outright lies. Have some respect for your country.

Our Airforce (thankyou Liberals) is defunct, the newest aircraft the Liberals bought can only fly three hours and then it's back to base for a full inspection of the tail rotar (SAR).

And how is that the Liberals fault? Every other country that bought what was supposed to be the best is having he same problem. The Liberals also bought the new helicopters that will soon be here, as well as the G wagons for the army and many other things.

Edited by Smallc

Guest American Woman
Sure they could, but what would it look like in front of the entire world to see that the US "crushed us" after having one of their subs put down for violating our territorial space? Who will be their friend then? Even the Brits are backing away now.

"The world" doesn't see the NW Passage as being your territory.

This talk about taking out our subs, us crushing you-- all I can do as I read it is :rolleyes: .

Edited by American Woman

"The world" doesn't see the NW Passage as being your territory.

This talk about taking out our subs, us crushing you-- all I can do as I read it is :rolleyes: .

We're not going to go to war over it, but its quite obvious that waters that run between islands that belong to us should also belong to us. I don't understand how anyone else even has a leg to stand on in this case.

We're not going to go to war over it, but its quite obvious that waters that run between islands that belong to us should also belong to us. I don't understand how anyone else even has a leg to stand on in this case.

Here it is. These guys are our allies until we have something they want. That's when they become a bunch of mooks who want something for nothing.

We pay for administration. We pay for cleanup. We pay for monitoring. We pay to populate the area. we pay for social programs. We pay for infrastructure. We pay for democratic process.

They pay for gas.

Arrange your thumb and forefinger at a right angle and put it up to your forehead.

Hey American Woman (stay away from me-he-he), I'm still waiting for you to tell us all how the NWP is a strait. Sounds like another "they hate us for our freedom" deal to me.

This is our country. Piss off.

Edited by Higgly

Guest American Woman

So who did it belong to before Canada claimed it in 1973?

So all the water between Greenland and Denmark is Danish? Holy crap.