User's Guide to Assist in Finding Anti-Harper Commentary

jbg

Give me a break. Unlike others I do not make a habit of this. If you had researched that before you posted it, you would know that.

Some days GH's obsession with making something out of nothing and then on that basis proceed to call Harper things much worse than we have GH here, gets to a person. If GH doesn't like it, then maybe he ought to think twice before he does it. While in this country one is afforded free speech rights, one is not guaranteed not to have to deal with the consequences of what comes out when he exercises that right.

Well I certainly didn't mean to single you out specifically, I was just pulling quotes from this thread. There are a lot of other posters on this forum who love to bash gerryhatrick. Why is it OK to bash him/her but not OK to bash Harper?

Excuse me, sir. I did not bash GH. I gave him the highest praise, which was to refer to him as an "excellent poster". I consider GH to be quite an intellect, and I am privileged to post alongside him. That is why many (though not all) of the threads and posts I referenced were his.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with Gerry, not any more than say Argus or August or BD, not sure why any of you would either. He certainly hasn't posted anything that wasn't true...

The forum has an ignore feature. If you don't want to read a particular posters posts, use it.

Otherwise stop your whining.

Give me a break. Unlike others I do not make a habit of this. If you had researched that before you posted it, you would know that.

Some days GH's obsession with making something out of nothing and then on that basis proceed to call Harper things much worse than we have GH here, gets to a person. If GH doesn't like it, then maybe he ought to think twice before he does it. While in this country one is afforded free speech rights, one is not guaranteed not to have to deal with the consequences of what comes out when he exercises that right.

Well I certainly didn't mean to single you out specifically, I was just pulling quotes from this thread. There are a lot of other posters on this forum who love to bash gerryhatrick. Why is it OK to bash him/her but not OK to bash Harper?

Excuse me, sir. I did not bash GH. I gave him the highest praise, which was to refer to him as an "excellent poster". I consider GH to be quite an intellect, and I am privileged to post alongside him. That is why many (though not all) of the threads and posts I referenced were his.

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding, I was not trying to imply that you were bashing GH. I was quoting Hicksey and Ricki Bobbi's posts because they (and other posters) were bashing GH. I know you did not bash anyone.

Addendum to User's Guide, to keep it inclusive of late-posted anti-Harper content:

Ottawa reneges on Liberal pledge to help poor countries cut greenhouse gases

at 16:58 on September 10, 2006, EST.

OTTAWA (CP) - The federal Conservatives are cancelling a $1.5 million pledge by the previous Liberal government to help developing countries cut greenhouse emissions under the rules of the Kyoto Protocol.

Abandoning the pledge made at a United Nations conference in Montreal last December is another blow to the teetering climate treaty which the Conservative government still claims to support.

http://www.cjob.com/news/index.aspx?dir=na...=./n091027A.xml

Well of course Harper doesn't consider greenhouse gases to be "pollution", so why would he waste money on that?

Has anyone every actually asked him if he believes Global Warming is happening? I know nobody can ask him any questions anymore....but maybe before he was elected there's something on record??

Fairness and justice would be report the post to the moderator, and let him decide what to do about it. Aside from that, ignore the post.

There have been dozens of examples of Gerry's ignorance on this board. Why wouldn't you just admit that Gerry's behaviour is indefensible?

I'm not defending him (or her).

Fairness and justice would be report the post to the moderator, and let him decide what to do about it. Aside from that, ignore the post.

There have been dozens of examples of Gerry's ignorance on this board. Why wouldn't you just admit that Gerry's behaviour is indefensible?

Frankly, your blithering complaints are more annoying than just about anything I've seen on this board, time to let it go RB.

Frankly, your blithering complaints are more annoying than just about anything I've seen on this board, time to let it go RB.

You must agree with him more often than not because I cannot imagine another reason to support him. I can acknowledge when a poster consistently makes good points and coherent arguments. I disagree with them but I can respect their opinion and see how they can believe what they do. I do not see anything but spam and hate from GH.

IMO its good to flush out trolls like GH (I don't like the extreme right either) because he adds nothing but hate and innuendo to the debate. Even though I disagree with posters like Black Dog I have respect for him because though he can be arrogant at times, he is intelligent and can argue a point well. He may use sarcasm, but he never resorts to making something out of nothing and never spews the hateful vitriole GH does.

If GH doesn't like being called a troll it would be prudent to stop acting like one.

I have never met Stephen Harper, but I have met many of his Alliance/Conservative supporters in online discussions.

Accordingly, I am torn between hoping that Harper is the greatest among them or hoping that he is the least among them.

Make no mistake, Harper is solidly conservative. But he is also smart enough to know that applying his brand of conservatism in a country that stands center-left would get his ass booted from Sussex Dr in a heartbeat. The trick for Harper is to balance what he thinks is right with what he can achieve in parliament without alienating the centrists of the country.

I have never met Stephen Harper, but I have met many of his Alliance/Conservative supporters in online discussions.

Accordingly, I am torn between hoping that Harper is the greatest among them or hoping that he is the least among them.

Make no mistake, Harper is solidly conservative. But he is also smart enough to know that applying his brand of conservatism in a country that stands center-left would get his ass booted from Sussex Dr in a heartbeat. The trick for Harper is to balance what he thinks is right with what he can achieve in parliament without alienating the centrists of the country.

Reagan, to his everlasting credit, managed this trick quite well. I see a lot of Reagan in the Harper playbook.

• 1 month later...

I think Harper is doing a pretty good job personally. I dont think the media represents the people either. What percentage of the population controls the media? Canadian media is pretty Liberal I would say. Pfffft....Also I dont think Canada has to worry about not being left enough, even with a Tory in power.

if Harper were able to dissolve the CRTC i'd support him even more. anyways, i dont agree with conservatives on everything, but i really dont like liberal policy. i especially dont like ken dryden's daycare program. we have enough social programs already. lets focus on improving medicare. is art mandatory in high school now? whats that about?

that government which governs least is best you know.

I have met Alliance supporters alot since I was on the board of directors for the Canadian Alliance, and a member of the Alberta Alliance. I can say that they usually come from all walks of life, and are really no different then anybody else. Don't believe that all Conservatives are of the same clothe as people on online discussions.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
What an absolutely nonsensical thread. In the interests of balance, shall we create one to document the juvenile anti-Dion or anti-Layton commentary?
There are actually very few threads, certainly of any length, meeting that description.

I guess the anti-Harperites are afraid to vote him down. A lot like the mice that are correctly afraid to bell the cat.

Yes, they hate him enough to attack his appearance/weight, but when it matters they have to face up to the reality that he has the support of most Canadians, so they can't vote him down. But Harper is patient and sooner or later the Liberals will do something they'll regret in the morning.

I guess the anti-Harperites are afraid to vote him down . A lot like the mice that are correctly afraid to bell the cat.

What do you expect?

Never go into a fight unless you have a chance of winning. Why bother otherwise. Libs know they would be roundly defeated, perhaps even a death knell.

One defends ones honour (<-spelling jbg) against a known bigger opponent, but not political fights.Too much to lose and make no mistake..............

Like no one made fun of Chretiens facial tic....

Edited by guyser