Freedom Of Speech,An Iroquoian Tradition

We have proven to you already that Canada is under British Sovereignty and therefore only has autonomy!

The Goveror General's Role is the proof we have provided you which you conveniently deny and use the "figure head" defence. That means you are either deluded or the GG's Roles are still completely intact as the Governments website says it is! http://www.gg.ca/media/fs-fd/G1_e.asp

We keep producing and yous keep denying and it's round , round you go!!!

You've done no such thing. Your interpretation of the Governor General's role is so inaccurate it could almost be funny if it wasn't so lame. It is most certainly time you came into the 21st century and accepted the reality that the Governor General is the representative of the Canadian Crown - NOT the British Crown.

The fact that Canada makes its own laws, has control over its own constitution, and exercises and enforces sovereignty over its lands establishes the unarguable point that Canada is a sovereign nation. Further, the fact that parts of the Canadian constitution state explicitly that Native lands are under the sovereignty of the Crown establishes the unarguable point that Native lands are not themselves sovereign states - none of them. Other pertinent and obvious examples further supports that last point.

The only people going round and round are those who have no concrete evidence, and, in the face of tangible examples presented to them in support of the other side of the argument, simply state that their tales and fables prove everything else to be wrong. It's completely obvious, really, who's actually going round and round like drunken children.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Riverwind'

The Haudenosaunee Passport is listed by Immigration Canada as a "Fictional passport issued by non-existent territories" in Section 5.13.

I find it hard to believe that other countries would accept travel documents that Canada uncategorically rejects as "fictional".

Well im not surprised that immigration canada would have this simplistic opinion.

Afterall; it has been in denial for a few hundred years now concerning its identity, or rather its lack there of . . .as a nation.

From what i can gather the issue of land claims is not necessarily to do with sns sovereignty but rather something to do with 'The Doctrine of Discovery'?

Im not certain but it applied when some of the reserved lands were not in use or habitated though it was still sns land.

So this document i GUESS (just from what it is called) gives some rights to the early 'colonial' discoverers. However im betting that these lands were discovered much earlier than the european discovery of them and before they had a colonial/treatise deal with a 'reserved' stamp on them. These lands 'discovered' (secondly discovered) by the visitors were claimed by them as their original discovery . . . However. . . these lands were used by the then hunter and gathering societies in sns. Which means that being hunters and gatherers implies that it is impossible to physically occupy all the lands at one time . . .though they are still used but not necessarily lived in a few months of the year.

Now when we look at previous discoveries, importantly, before the doctrine was written up the land was recognised by brit sov as sns, the negotiations were about how the brits were going to protect these lands from those that were not sns but were under brits jurisdiction. Rather as an ultimate sanction but not in the daily affairs, unthreatning scenarios. Thus today we can argue that forcing sns to cede their land is going against the conditions of its ultimate sovereign rights.

Iv just found this concerning the US and native trritories. Now i do believe this unconstitutional archaic relic has been attempted by the Canadian government to usurp treaty rights. However, this doctrine has been recognised as brutal and inhuman and thereby does not stand.

Some of the consequences of the Doctrine of Discovery as follows:

The myth of U.S. "plenary power" over Indians - a power, by the way, that was never intended by the authors of the Constitution [savage:115-17] - has been used by the United States to:

Circumvent the terms of solemn treaties that the U.S. entered into with Indian nations, despite the fact that all such treaties are "supreme Law of the Land, anything in the Constitution notwithstanding."

Steal the homelands of Indian peoples living east of the Mississippi River, by removing them from their traditional ancestral homelands through the Indian Removal Act of 1835.

Use a congressional statute, known as the General Allotment Act of 1887, to divest Indian people of some 90 million acres of their lands. This act, explained John Collier (Commissioner of Indian Affairs) was "an indirect method - peacefully under the forms of law - of taking away the land that we were determined to take away but did not want to take it openly by breaking the treaties."

Steal the sacred Black Hills from the Great Sioux nation in violation of the 1868 Treaty of Fort Laramie which recognized the Sioux Nation's exclusive and absolute possession of their lands.

Pay the Secretary of the Interior $26 million for 24 million acres of Western Shoshone lands, because the Western Shoshone people have steadfastly refused to sell the land and refused to accept the money. Although the Western Shoshone Nation's sovereignty and territorial boundaries were clearly recognized by the federal government in the 1863 Ruby Valley Treaty, the government now claims that paying itself on behalf of the Western Shoshone has extinguished the Western Shoshone's title to their lands.

The above cases are just a few examples of how the United States government has used the Johnson v. McIntosh and Cherokee Nation v. Georgia decisions to callously disregard the human rights of Native peoples. Indeed, countless U.S. Indian policies have been based on the underlying, hidden rationale of "Christian discovery" - a rationale which holds that the "heathen" indigenous peoples of the Americas are "subordinate to the first Christian discoverer," or its successor. [Wheaton:271]

As Thomas Jefferson once observed, when the state uses church doctrine as a coercive tool, the result is "hypocrisy and meanness." Unfortunately, the United States Supreme Court's use of the ancient Christian Doctrine of Discovery - to circumvent the Constitution as a means of taking Indian lands and placing Indian nations under U.S. control - has proven Madison and Jefferson right.

Bringing an End to Five Hundred Years of Injustice

to Indigenous Peoples

In a country set up to maintain a strict separation of church and state, the Doctrine of Discovery should have long ago been declared unconstitutional because it is based on a prejudicial treatment of Native American people simply because they were not Christians at the time of European arrival. By penalizing Native people on the basis of their non-Christian religious beliefs and ceremonial practices, stripping them of most of their lands and most of their sovereignty, the Johnson v. McIntosh ruling stands as a monumental violation of the "natural rights" of humankind, as well as the most fundamental human rights of indigenous peoples. _________________________________________________________-

Hence then as unconstitutional it also greatly overlaps with human rights abuses, theft, fraud and more.

References

Cherokee Nation v. Georgia 30 U.S. (5 Pet.) 1, 8 L.Ed. 25 (1831).

Davenport, Frances Gardiner, 19l7, European Treaties bearing on the History of the United States and its Dependencies to 1648, Vol. 1, Washington, D.C.: Carnegie Institution of Washington.

Johnson and Graham's Lessee V McIntosh 21 U.S. (8 Wheat.) 543, 5 L.Ed. 681(1823).

Rivera-Pagan, Luis N., 1991, "Cross Preceded Sword in 'Discovery' of the Americas," in Yakima Nation Review, 1991, Oct. 4.

Story, Joseph, 1833, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States Vol. 1 Boston: Little, Brown & Co.

Thacher, John Boyd, 1903, Christopher Columbus Vol. 11, New York: G.P. Putman's Sons.

Williamson, James A., 1962, The Cabot Voyages And Bristol Discovery Under Henry VII, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Wheaton, Henry, 1855, Elements of International Law, Sixth Edition, Boston: Little Brown, and Co.

Ziegler, Benjamin Munn, 1939, The International Law of John Marshall, Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press.

A Visa has absolutely nothing to do with a passport you moron. A Visa is for residency in a country. A passport is to gain entry into a country.

I think this shows that you have never travelled.

A Visa is required just to visit very many countries - not merely for residency. That list showed both the countries that required a visitor's visa and those that don't. A visa is very much related to a passport, moron, one is dependant on the other. You can't even think of applying for a visa or being visa free without a passport from a country on their list. I needed a visa when I visited the Chech repubic years ago, and I didn't establish residency there. Since your 'nation' wasn't listed in either, then from that we can presume that the Dutch do not consider your sovereign nation a nation....

Tsi... take a poll of the 200+ countries in the world... ask them which one they think is a sovereign country, Canada, or the Six Nations. I think I can tell you overwhelmingly what the response is going to be. Now I can hear your response already.... you will say that their opinions don't matter.... well the concepts of sovereignty, nationhood, etc, are all human inventions. If 99% of the humans on this planet consider Canada a sovereign nation, and .001% consider the Six Nations a sovereriegn nation, then guess which one I am sticking with?????

Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and North Korea do not recognize Israeli passports.

Therefore by your "reasoning" Israel must not be a sovereign Nation and their passports must be bogus!!!

Court jester? Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey quite definitely recognizes the Israeli passport. I'm pretty sure much of your list, including Morocco (link) , does as well.

Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and North Korea do not recognize Israeli passports.

Therefore by your "reasoning" Israel must not be a sovereign Nation and their passports must be bogus!!!

Court jester? Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey quite definitely recognizes the Israeli passport. I'm pretty sure much of your list, including Morocco (link) , does as well.

Ahhh! Thank-you for correcting me and proving my point that not all countries recognize/accept an Iraeli passport.

Countries that do not accept Israeli passport

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Comoros, Djibouti, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia (except with written permission from the Malaysian government), Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (sources[citation needed] conflict over whether or not passports with Israeli stamps are accepted), and Yemen.

The only non-Arab and non-Muslim country that does not accept Israel passports is North Korea.

We have proven to you already that Canada is under British Sovereignty and therefore only has autonomy!

The Goveror General's Role is the proof we have provided you which you conveniently deny and use the "figure head" defence. That means you are either deluded or the GG's Roles are still completely intact as the Governments website says it is! http://www.gg.ca/media/fs-fd/G1_e.asp

We keep producing and yous keep denying and it's round , round you go!!!

You've done no such thing. Your interpretation of the Governor General's role is so inaccurate it could almost be funny if it wasn't so lame. It is most certainly time you came into the 21st century and accepted the reality that the Governor General is the representative of the Canadian Crown - NOT the British Crown.

The fact that Canada makes its own laws, has control over its own constitution, and exercises and enforces sovereignty over its lands establishes the unarguable point that Canada is a sovereign nation. Further, the fact that parts of the Canadian constitution state explicitly that Native lands are under the sovereignty of the Crown establishes the unarguable point that Native lands are not themselves sovereign states - none of them. Other pertinent and obvious examples further supports that last point.

The only people going round and round are those who have no concrete evidence, and, in the face of tangible examples presented to them in support of the other side of the argument, simply state that their tales and fables prove everything else to be wrong. It's completely obvious, really, who's actually going round and round like drunken children.

It's hardly my interpretation of the GGs role it your own governments interpretation!!! Media

The Role of the Governor General

The role of the governor general dates back nearly 400 years to 1608 when Samuel de Champlain acted as the Governor of New France, establishing what has become the oldest continuing public office in Canada.

Canada became a country at Confederation in 1867. Our system of government is a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy. Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and head of State. Sworn in on September 27, 2005, the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, 27th governor general since Confederation, represents the Crown in Canada and carries out the duties of head of State.

The governor general presides over the swearing-in of the prime minister, the Chief Justice of Canada and cabinet ministers. One of the governor general's most important responsibilities is to ensure that Canada always has a prime minister and government in place. In the case of the death of a prime minister, it is the governor general's responsibility to ensure the continuity of government.

The governor general has important parliamentary responsibilities. Canada's Parliament consists of three parts: the House of Commons, the Senate and the governor general. It is the governor general who summons Parliament, sets out the government's program by reading the Speech from the Throne, and gives Royal Assent which makes Acts of Parliament law.

The governor general signs official documents and meets regularly with the prime minister and government officials. She has the right to be consulted, to encourage and to warn.

The governor general is Commander in Chief of the Canadian Forces.

http://www.gg.ca/media/fs-fd/G1_e.asp

It is quite clear that the GG gives Royal Assent to make the laws in Canada. Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and head of State and the GG represents the Crown in Canada and carries out the duties of head of State (the Queen).

So...who's twisting the facts?

By the way "drunken children" appears very close to making a racial Freudian slip! Tisk, tisk!!!

Ciao Bambi!

Our sovereignty goes beyond ANY Canadian or British legal document. YOUR laws only apply to YOU. They neither apply to us or Americans when we are on our own soil.

The Royal Proclamation and Haldimand Proclamation state otherwise.

Only when you misinterpret it and take its arcaic english out of context!!!

Look at the Map!!! http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/related/proc63.htm

A Visa has absolutely nothing to do with a passport you moron. A Visa is for residency in a country. A passport is to gain entry into a country.

I think this shows that you have never travelled.

A Visa is required just to visit very many countries - not merely for residency. That list showed both the countries that required a visitor's visa and those that don't. A visa is very much related to a passport, moron, one is dependant on the other. You can't even think of applying for a visa or being visa free without a passport from a country on their list. I needed a visa when I visited the Chech repubic years ago, and I didn't establish residency there. Since your 'nation' wasn't listed in either, then from that we can presume that the Dutch do not consider your sovereign nation a nation....

Tsi... take a poll of the 200+ countries in the world... ask them which one they think is a sovereign country, Canada, or the Six Nations. I think I can tell you overwhelmingly what the response is going to be. Now I can hear your response already.... you will say that their opinions don't matter.... well the concepts of sovereignty, nationhood, etc, are all human inventions. If 99% of the humans on this planet consider Canada a sovereign nation, and .001% consider the Six Nations a sovereriegn nation, then guess which one I am sticking with?????

Visas are associated with residency and are required by some countries for passage in order to deter illegal aliens which is why not all countries require one. A passport is formal indentification and is used to identify an individual as a national of a particular state or country and requests passage in and out of countries. Wakey,wakey!!!

Thank-you for correcting me and proving my point that not all countries recognize/accept an Iraeli passport.
All of these countries recognize the Israeli passport as valid - they simply ban Israeli citizens from their country. If someone showed up at the border with two passports: Israeli and Canadian for example. They would be still denied entry because of they are Israeli citizens. There is a huge difference betwen banning Isreali citizens from a country and and simply refusing to accepting an Israeli passport as proof of identity.

It is quite clear that the GG gives Royal Assent to make the laws in Canada. Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and head of State and the GG represents the Crown in Canada and carries out the duties of head of State (the Queen).
What is the difference between requiring the 'Queen of Canada' to sign laws and having the 'President of the United States' to sign laws? In both cases the head of state has the power to refuse to sign a law. However, in both cases, the legislatures have the ability to go through some additional legal hurdles and then submit a law to the head of state which the head of state MUST sign.

Visas are associated with residency and are required by some countries for passage in order to deter illegal aliens which is why not all countries require one. A passport is formal indentification and is used to identify an individual as a national of a particular state or country and requests passage in and out of countries. Wakey,wakey!!!

You were presented with two lists-- citizens of countries who require visas if they want to stay longer than 3 months in the Netherlands, and citizens of countries who do not require visas if they want to stay longer.

"Haudenosaunee" and other self-proclaimed native nation passports don't appear on either list. Must be some sort of oversight...

-k

It's hardly my interpretation of the GGs role it your own governments interpretation!!!

It's evident that you don't even understand what the role or purpose of a head of state is, and assume that the physical location of the Queen of Canada makes her an element of the British government over Canada.

Regardless of where the Queen is at any moment, Canada is a sovereign kingdom. Kingdoms have a king or queen as head of state. When that king or queen is in another country, their kingdom does not become a colony of the country they are in!

In our case the Queen of Canada lives predominantly in the UK - but that does not mean she takes advice from British ministers on Canadian affairs. Since the Statute of Westminster 1931, and the Canada Act 1982, she cannot do such a thing. Neither, therefore, can her Canadian Governor General. So Royal Assent is always given by the Governor General on behalf of the Canadian Monarch, and made official by the presence of the Great Seal of Canada.

As I said before, take a few minutes to learn about the division of the Crown amongst the Commonwealth Realms. This should give you a start: Monarchy in Canada

By the way "drunken children" appears very close to making a racial Freudian slip! Tisk, tisk!!!

There's actually a race of drunken children? My goodness, I'll have to be careful next time. Do you know if there's also a race of asinine boneheads, or myopic jackasses?

Our sovereignty goes beyond ANY Canadian or British legal document. YOUR laws only apply to YOU. They neither apply to us or Americans when we are on our own soil.

The Royal Proclamation and Haldimand Proclamation state otherwise.

Only when you misinterpret it and take its arcaic english out of context!!!

Look at the Map!!! http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/related/proc63.htm

Read the proclamations.

Read the text at your referenced site.

The Role of the Governor General

The role of the governor general dates back nearly 400 years to 1608 when Samuel de Champlain acted as the Governor of New France, establishing what has become the oldest continuing public office in Canada.

Canada became a country at Confederation in 1867. Our system of government is a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy. Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and head of State. Sworn in on September 27, 2005, the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, 27th governor general since Confederation, represents the Crown in Canada and carries out the duties of head of State.

The governor general presides over the swearing-in of the prime minister, the Chief Justice of Canada and cabinet ministers. One of the governor general's most important responsibilities is to ensure that Canada always has a prime minister and government in place. In the case of the death of a prime minister, it is the governor general's responsibility to ensure the continuity of government.

The governor general has important parliamentary responsibilities. Canada's Parliament consists of three parts: the House of Commons, the Senate and the governor general. It is the governor general who summons Parliament, sets out the government's program by reading the Speech from the Throne, and gives Royal Assent which makes Acts of Parliament law.

The governor general signs official documents and meets regularly with the prime minister and government officials. She has the right to be consulted, to encourage and to warn.

The governor general is Commander in Chief of the Canadian Forces.

http://www.gg.ca/media/fs-fd/G1_e.asp

You didn't go to the next paragraph, where it states:

A crowned lion holding a maple leaf in its right paw appears on the front page of the booklet. It is the crest of the Arms of Canada, and appears on the governor general's standard. THE CREST MARKS THE SOVEREIGNTY OF CANADA. The lion stands on a red and white wreath, Canada's official colours. The standard indicates the presence of the Governor General, and flies at Rideau Hall or La Citadelle whenever the Governor General is in residence.

For more information:

Ahhh! Thank-you for correcting me and proving my point that not all countries recognize/accept an Iraeli passport.

Countries that do not accept Israeli passport

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Comoros, Djibouti, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia (except with written permission from the Malaysian government), Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (sources[citation needed] conflict over whether or not passports with Israeli stamps are accepted), and Yemen.

The only non-Arab and non-Muslim country that does not accept Israel passports is North Korea.

Garden spots of the world - not.

Well... I'm convinced, how about everyone else? Tsi, Okwahu, Yam, and possibly a couple others are complete idiots that don't even bother to read what we write. Its completely pointless to argue with these lead-heads. Fortunately, most of the natives I have ever met have not been like these guys.

I still remember my first time on a reserve. A fella picked me up while I was hitch-hiking from the Sault to Thunder Bay. We stopped in-between on the shore of Lake Superior at his reserve. The place was a shit-hole - nothing but run down trailers, torn apart cars on cinder blocks, and the OPP that passed by was also native (Oh yeah, and I did not have to show my passport to get in :P. Despite being one damn scared 17-year-old at the time, this fella's Mom made me a BLT sandwich, and me and his 8 brothers sat around having beer and shooting the breeze. They were nothing like Tsi and Okwahu - they didn't have a chip on their shoulders. The ironic thing is that I had absolutely no negative feelings towards natives what-so-ever... that is until these pig-headed arguments showed up on this forum. You are doing wonders for representing your people guys.

I'm finished here.

This is just rude. There is a personal messenger system available in this forum, as well as the option to email each other. Stop being childish.

Whaaa, Whaaaa, Whaaaa!!! Who's being childish? It's a public board isn't it?

Sorry, everyone else, I fed the troll. I'm going back to my original strategy of ignoring these threads.

Well... I'm convinced, how about everyone else? Tsi, Okwahu, Yam, and possibly a couple others are complete idiots that don't even bother to read what we write. Its completely pointless to argue with these lead-heads. Fortunately, most of the natives I have ever met have not been like these guys.

I still remember my first time on a reserve. A fella picked me up while I was hitch-hiking from the Sault to Thunder Bay. We stopped in-between on the shore of Lake Superior at his reserve. The place was a shit-hole - nothing but run down trailers, torn apart cars on cinder blocks, and the OPP that passed by was also native (Oh yeah, and I did not have to show my passport to get in :P. Despite being one damn scared 17-year-old at the time, this fella's Mom made me a BLT sandwich, and me and his 8 brothers sat around having beer and shooting the breeze. They were nothing like Tsi and Okwahu - they didn't have a chip on their shoulders. The ironic thing is that I had absolutely no negative feelings towards natives what-so-ever... that is until these pig-headed arguments showed up on this forum. You are doing wonders for representing your people guys.

I'm finished here.

Why were you scared?

why did you feel it necessary to point out the unrelated detail of the reserve being a sh!t hole?

You are doing wonders for representing the racist canadian you are.

So, you think fns are ok if they rally round and serve you sandwhiches and beer do ya?

Ohhhh but wow betide them injuns who defend themselves right?

Best dont let em ave a computer an make em live in a shit hole . . . right gov ;) ?

She:kon!

Chuck U. Farlie demonstrates just how ignorant he is. A "northern Ontario" reserve is not Six Nations Territory and the Ojibwa up north of superior are not Haudenosaunee. His example is nothing more than a german going to italy and then proceeding to explain the customs of the hungarians based on his experience. Totally stupid example and an equally irelevent story.

ANYone knows that at Six Nations or any other Haudenosaunee territory we serve our guests fried baloney sandwiches and corn soup! I bet he thinks all was good where he was because his sandwich was on "white" bread...... :blink: He should get with the culture!

That's ok. I forgive him for his ignorance. The interbreeding of "dumb" hicks always produces at least one regressive gene in the family line. He can't help it if he is genetically prone to be slow.

O:nen

She:kon!

Chuck U. Farlie demonstrates just how ignorant he is. A "northern Ontario" reserve is not Six Nations Territory and the Ojibwa up north of superior are not Haudenosaunee. His example is nothing more than a german going to italy and then proceeding to explain the customs of the hungarians based on his experience. Totally stupid example and an equally irelevent story.

ANYone knows that at Six Nations or any other Haudenosaunee territory we serve our guests fried baloney sandwiches and corn soup! I bet he thinks all was good where he was because his sandwich was on "white" bread...... :blink: He should get with the culture!

That's ok. I forgive him for his ignorance. The interbreeding of "dumb" hicks always produces at least one regressive gene in the family line. He can't help it if he is genetically prone to be slow.

O:nen

Mr. Farlie never said the northern Ontario reserve was a Six Nations reserve. What he stated was that the First Nations people with whom he has had personal contact were friendly, accommodating, and hospitable, and compared them to you (and your counterparts here) who are arrogant, stubborn, preachy, and hypocritical.

You demonstrate that hypocritical nature when you criticize Chuck for lumping all Natives together, but throughout various threads here have yourself lumped all Canadians together, regardless of the fact that the Canadian population is actually made up of people from a far more varying number of backgrounds than First Nations people are. Perhaps you thought all Canadians are WASPs?

And, I imagine he called the reserve a shit hole because it may well have actually been a shit hole. Why mince words and pretend things are all hunky-dory when they're not? Or, is Iroquoian free speech only free when it's politically correct?