I Dont Care Where Imigrants Come From

So Fleabag do you agree or disagree with the article? Be my guest and tell us how we can allow this as this happened under the noses of the previous government.

No I do not troll, I merely post if and when I choose to - why should that be a problem to you?

That is not the point justcrowing, you posted the material as if it were your own. It's not. Unless Thelonious had noted this, I wouldn't have known.

I have reported your post to the moderator.

----

We let people in based on their perceived value to Canada. We let them if we think they have skills to contribute, or money to invest. We let them in because they bid more on that Pakistani Canadian girl whose family sent her back to find a husband than the other four of five potential husbands. It isn't a matter of who deserves to come here. It isn't a matter of keeping a door open to provide opportuntiies for the world's downtrodden. That is not the function of our immigration system, nor should it be.

I don't think we allow people into Canada based on their perceived value to Canada. In fact, I don't know how we allow people into this country: the process is largely arbitrary at this point.

I started another thread on this issue but I guess this is the place to be. I wanted to separate the issue of worldwide Islamist terrorism from our immigration policies.

Our immigration law and regulations have undergone increasingly useless changes since 1976, and government bureaucrats have less and less control over the process. In a world where a plane ticket to cross the Atlantic costs a few hundred dollars, anybody can travel.

Moreover, it is almost impossible to refuse someone entry, and basically impossible to deport them.

It would take a federal government with nerves of steel to confront all of this. If Harper forms a majority government with a coalition of MPs outside of the urban centres, and those MPs would have to have the courage to withstand despicable charges from the English-Canadian media.

Canada accepts immigrants now in three broad groups: family class, refugees, skilled workers.

First of all, any suggestion of limiting immigration just means refusing skilled workers. The family class and refugee groups are basically out of anyone's control. At most, the bureaucrats can delay the processing.

So, calls to "restrict immigration numbers" is no solution.

Instead, I think family should be restricted to spouse and kids under 18 - that's it. Family class should not include parents or anyone else. This breaks the cornerstone of the 1976 law (family reunification) but so what.

The whole refugee processing system has to thrown out. To do it right, it would probably take use of the notwithstanding clause. All refugees, without exception, must be processed abroad.

In addition, the appeals procedure must be revamped. In the case of family class, with a sponsor in Canada, not much can probably be done. But the current refugee appeal process is Kafkaesque.

I agree Argus that we should be more circumspect about importing a potential problem. I'd do away with the live-in nanny programme. It has been the source of so many, many problems. We can't simply refuse people because they are Muslim or Atheist or Left-Handed, nor would we want to. But it must be easier to refuse someone if there's a doubt.

I have never bought into this "we need immigrants to pay for all the retiring babyboomers". But there's something wonderful that Australia, Canada and the US are countries that welcome foreigners and give them citizenship.

Well August I missed posting the link & fleebag posted it but he also should have commented on the story rather than create an issue - my intent was not to post as my own but admittedly I did use the words former government as the article is not dated and would have referred to it. Is the current government ready to deal with the immigration problem? If not, then in all probability it is best to leave things as they are. I believe some groups have had their fund raising cut off and the latest round up proves the current government is trying to do something positive.

Right now Canada has more jobs that workers to fill them - with all this immigration, why do you think these jobs remain unfilled? Not all jobs are for skilled workers nor are all immigrants skilled workers. So why the numbers on welfare?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll,

Well August I missed posting the link
You are a liar as well.

From the original article...

But, as a partner to one of the greatest economic alliances the world has ever known, and a country whose national security is deeply dependent on the United States, how does the Canadian Government respond to the hard facts
whereas you started your post with
How did the former Canadian Government respond to the hard facts
You changed the wording so you could begin mid-sentence, and give the appearance that you began the sentence there.
fleebag posted it but he also should have commented on the story rather than create an issue - my intent was not to post as my own
I have no obligation to respond to the disingenuous, and debating with a liar is a pointless exercise. If you believed in anything you posted, there would be no need for you to be a troll.

B ) Our media that ties their panties in a knot everytime a trial of terrorists or other people happens. It's already begun with the media questioning the arrests and how the police aren't releasing all the info. The media is largly to blame.

I couldn't believe my ears a couple of days ago at MDuffy...when all he could think and worry about was the possible violation of rights when he learned that the suspects were denied to get together to do their communal prayers! Sorry for the crass comment.....but he makes me wanna puke!

Maybe it's time that we send these bleeding-hearts who profess to care so much about the safety of Canadians to some of these totalitarian Muslim states to live. I for one would rather the authorities err on the side of caution when they detain suspected terrorists. Let's just remember that many of these radical Islamists consider all non-Muslims to be infidels including Western governments and therefore should be exterminated and replaced with believers and practitioners of Islam.

I could care less what their religion is, but don't expect me to give up my faith and follow Islam, it's not going to happen. If what the radicals practice then I want no part of it. I read somewhere that they do not consider Islam to be simply a religious faith like Christianity, but they instead want Islam placed on a different plain than just a religion.

If they want to not only bring their faith with them, but propose to insert such concepts as Sheria Law into Canada, then maybe they should just stay in the backward countries they come from.

If they want to not only bring their faith with them, but propose to insert such concepts as Sheria Law into Canada, then maybe they should just stay in the backward countries they come from.

hear hear!

Indeed, why do they leave their rathole countries if not for a better life in a better country?

hear hear!

Indeed, why do they leave their rathole countries if not for a better life in a better country?

Drea - The insults don't help the debate at all.

McQueen - The Sharia law change was made in Ontario to accomodate a general movement towards adding more culture-based mediation towards all religions. ( There was a Jewish process in place first. ) What you seem to be advocating is unconstitutional, and quite unsupportable politically.

Drea - The insults don't help the debate at all.

If it ain't a rathole of a country -- why leave? If everything is peachy-keen and lovely why move away? If you love everything in your "home" country, why emmigrate?

They leave because they are looking for BETTER LIVES for themselves in BETTER COUNTRIES (like ours)

McQueen - The Sharia law change was made in Ontario to accomodate a general movement towards adding more culture-based mediation towards all religions. ( There was a Jewish process in place first. ) What you seem to be advocating is unconstitutional, and quite unsupportable politically.

NOT!

I do not want to be "judged" or anything else based on some "religion". The laws of THIS country are not based on the old testament (or men would not be allowed to shave off their beards and women would be isolated during menstration) so why would we want to institute laws based on the Koran or any other fictional work?

NOT!

I do not want to be "judged" or anything else based on some "religion". The laws of THIS country are not based on the old testament (or men would not be allowed to shave off their beards and women would be isolated during menstration) so why would we want to institute laws based on the Koran or any other fictional work?

Actually, they sort of are if my first year law course is to be lieved.

You don't seem to understand the Sharia law initiative that was made - it was a programme to offer religious mediation if all parties consented only, and not for criminal cases obviously.

NOT!

Actually, they sort of are if my first year law course is to be lieved.

You don't seem to understand the Sharia law initiative that was made - it was a programme to offer religious mediation if all parties consented only, and not for criminal cases obviously.

Religion does not belong in the courts (family or criminal) nor does it belong in politics. Religion is a personal issue that belongs only at home.

Some Muslim-Canadian women are concerned and fear this Sharia law coming to Canada. It is easy enough to say that mediation is only done IF ALL parties consented....but can we honestly believe that?

I would easily assume that anyone who welcomes this Sharia law is of the old-country mentality or bordering on, if not outright fundamentalist. Do you think women belonging to such households have any say in the matter?

Sure they'll try to propose this Sharia law in a nicely presented package. It'll be idiotic if they spell it out bluntly in black and white. Eventually, it will just be another can of worms that we will be burdened with!

Some Muslim-Canadian women are concerned and fear this Sharia law coming to Canada. It is easy enough to say that mediation is only done IF ALL parties consented....but can we honestly believe that?

I would easily assume that anyone who welcomes this Sharia law is of the old-country mentality or bordering on, if not outright fundamentalist. Do you think women belonging to such households have any say in the matter?

Sure they'll try to propose this Sharia law in a nicely presented package. It'll be idiotic if they spell it out bluntly in black and white. Eventually, it will just be another can of worms that we will be burdened with!

Well, I understand your angle on this argument, but I'm used to hearing it from liberals not conservatives like you.

When does the 'protect the people from themselves' argument 'kick in' for you ?

I've always been leery of this argument when leftists use it, as it has a built-in elitism. In the past I've heard it used to argue for censorship, banning cigarettes, banning gambling. Now you seem to be using to protect people from an addictive fundamentalist religion.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point in time, there is no reason to allow Muslims into Canada.........and every reason not to. If you disagree, I'm afraid your mind is defective.

I clearly hope you were having a bad day when you wrote this. Otherwise it is one of the most racist statements I've read yet on this forum.

What on earth does being a Muslem have to do with race?

At this point in time, there is no reason to allow Muslims into Canada.........and every reason not to. If you disagree, I'm afraid your mind is defective.

I clearly hope you were having a bad day when you wrote this. Otherwise it is one of the most racist statements I've read yet on this forum.

Who says he's racist? He is stereotyping that's all and just stating his opinion.

Is it UNREASONABLE to question muslims coming into our coutnry considering that a poll came out today with half of all Canadians saying that CSIS and police should start racially profiling Muslims.

Do you think the majority of muslims aren't racist or stereo type you? the 'white person'?

Lol...

Thank you! LoL although it wasn't meant to be a stereotype. Just basic saftey . Germans were not all fanatical Nazis although we weren't inviting Germans into this country after the war for some time. Why? well if you have to ask.............