Merrick Garland's cowardice on display, targets 75 year old lady for federal prison time over a protest

1 hour ago, User said:

Only the same in that they are both illegal. 

It is not a stupid gotcha at all. It is a straight-up 100% I did get you. 

Now you're doubling-down on the dumb again. Try some logic.

If they are "only the same in that they are both illegal," you have acknowledged that they are different in many other ways. Thanks for conceding that.

You've simultaneously expanded your argument to "All illegal things are illegal and therefore merit the same reactions and the same consequences. Which, again, is pretty stupid. So let's rewind to before you went there.

Even identical outcomes are evaluated differently based on circumstance. is why I keep pointing out the significant stratification of illegal acts with identical outcomes. There are at least 6 tiers of homicide in most jurisdictions. All are characterized by the fact that one person killed another, but our legal system (and common sense) takes into account circumstance, motive, intention etc.

But again, you position is that as long as someone killed someone else, it's "all the same." Which is pretty stupid. Of course, people should react to things differently based on the distinctions between scenarios. 

You didn't "get me" at all. You just made yourself look like a fool who can't recognize and understand the differences between scenarios.