Alito’s ‘Godliness’ Comment Echoes a Broader Christian Movement

Alito’s ‘Godliness’ Comment Echoes a Broader Christian Movement

It’s a phrase not commonly associated with legal doctrine: returning America to “a place of godliness.”

And yet when asked by a woman posing as a Catholic conservative at a dinner last week, Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. appeared to endorse the idea. The unguarded moment added to calls for greater scrutiny by Democrats, many of whom are eager to open official investigations into outside influence at the Supreme Court.

But the core of the idea expressed to Mr. Alito, that the country must fight the decline of Christianity in public life, goes beyond the questions of bias and influence at the nation’s highest court. An array of conservatives, including antiabortion activists, church leaders and conservative state legislators, has openly embraced the idea that American democracy needs to be grounded in Christian values and guarded against the rise of secular culture.

They are right-wing Catholics and evangelicals who oppose abortion, same-sex marriage, transgender rights and what they see as the dominance of liberal views in school curriculums. And they’ve become a crucial segment of former President Donald J. Trump’s political coalition, intermingled with the MAGA movement that boosted him to the White House and that hopes to do so once again in November. 

207.jpg

And sympathizes with the INSURRECTIONISTS more than pregnant women. 🤮

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

And sympathizes with the INSURRECTIONISTS more than pregnant women.

I swear... you just puke this nonsense all over the forum. Spam, spam, spam, then run away. 

Nowhere did he sympathize with insurrectionists, let alone more than pregnant women. 

Do you ever stop posting drivel?

2 minutes ago, User said:

I swear... you just puke this nonsense all over the forum. Spam, spam, spam, then run away. 

Nowhere did he sympathize with insurrectionists, let alone more than pregnant women. 

His flags tell a different story. Duh

2 minutes ago, User said:

Do you ever stop posting drivel?

Your failure to understand nor inability to formulate a cogent argument, does not make Elizabeth Dias' and Lisa Lerer's words "drivel"

Just now, robosmith said:

No, they don't. You have to read into that. You have to fabricate things not said. 

Just now, robosmith said:

Your failure to understand nor inability to formulate a cogent argument, does not make Elizabeth Dias' and Lisa Lerer's words "drivel"

No, it is your words that are drivel. 

Robo just wakes up in the morning and puts in his search engine "I hate Trump" and then just goes through the articles and just spams them on not just this forum but the many forums he subscribes to.

Generally when I post something it is based off something I heard on the news and I looked into further and make sure everyone is reporting essentially the same facts and sometimes I wait before responding to posts because I am waiting for the smoke to clear and the truth to come out before I post something new.

Robo will jump your crap for posting things from biased sites and refuse to accept them but when he does it, he feels like you have to prove their facts wrong.

You will post something that is fairly common knowledge and has been just beaten to death and he demands evidence anyway.

He just looks for things that confirms his bias and tries to beat you over the head with them.

Right now you can tell liberals are afraid the Supreme Court may step in and overturn the Bragg conviction so they are trying super hard to make themselves feel better by claiming they are "politically motivated".

Edited by Fluffypants
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

Robo just wakes up in the morning and puts in his search engine "I hate Trump" and then just goes through the articles and just spams them on not just this forum but the many forums he subscribes to.

probably. His obsession is mostly comical..a bit sad. I am not a trump supporter at all. I think that the man is mostly an id10t that simply knows how to say the right things to the right people. 

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Do you not notice that the things you say people are for are things those people never said or did?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Thanks for proving you don't know what you're talking about AGAIN.

Generally when I post something it is based off something I heard on the news and I looked into further and make sure everyone is reporting essentially the same facts and sometimes I wait before responding to posts because I am waiting for the smoke to clear and the truth to come out before I post something new.

Everything I post to start a thread is published news.

Robo will jump your crap for posting things from biased sites and refuse to accept them but when he does it, he feels like you have to prove their facts wrong.

Prove they are biased sites. They are mostly ALL main stream sources, which is probably why YOU don't like them.

They are NOT propaganda sites like YOUR FOS LIES.

You will post something that is fairly common knowledge and has been just beaten to death and he demands evidence anyway.

You mean your FOS LIES stories which are only "beaten to death" there cause no one else is desperate enough to print their propaganda? LMAO

He just looks for things that confirms his bias and tries to beat you over the head with them.

Someone has to tell you the truth about what is happening cause you won't see being reported on FOS LIES.

Right now you can tell liberals are afraid the Supreme Court may step in and overturn the Bragg conviction so they are trying super hard to make themselves feel better by claiming they are "politically motivated".

They're not going to overturn it for at least a couple of years because state court decisions have to exhaust state appeals first. Which you would know if you consumed real news.

8 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

probably. His obsession is mostly comical..a bit sad. I am not a trump supporter at all. I think that the man is mostly an id10t that simply knows how to say the right things to the right people. 

And that is why he's a huge problem cause too many people believe HIS LIES.

Anyone rational would be scared shitless given what he's promising to do NEXT.

8 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

Do you not notice that the things you say people are for are things those people never said or did?

Alito allowed 2 insurrectionists' flags to fly over HIS RESIDENCES whether you understand that or not. 

Do you not notice that you make claims with ZERO evidence or specifics?

7 hours ago, West said:

More attacks on people. The left are seriously evil people 

^He says making "attacks on people." What a hypocrite.

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Alito allowed 2 insurrectionists' flags to fly over HIS RESIDENCES whether you understand that or not. 

Do you not notice that you make claims with ZERO evidence or specifics?

^He says making "attacks on people." What a hypocrite.

You really are a pathetic little POS!

I hope you get everything you deserve.

• Like 1