Why Canada Matters

Your not much of a salesmen are you August...If these are the best talking points you could come up with....i could list a couple hundreds nations with the same talking points and truth be told they are not that interesting nor do they do much that matters...

On 6/12/2024 at 3:17 PM, Army Guy said:

Your not much of a salesmen are you August...If these are the best talking points you could come up with....i could list a couple hundreds nations with the same talking points and truth be told they are not that interesting nor do they do much that matters...

IMHO, this current war in Europe reminds me of the 1912 Balkan wars.

Americans - the elite - seem to think that it is 1938. Fighting Hitler.,

====

Trudeau Snr, Kissinger, Nixon lived through war. Create counterweights. Even Kennedy knew that.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 12:43 PM, August1991 said:

1. In Canada,we have many people of Slavic origin. French, English.

2. Like Austriia-Hungaria, we have no official cultural.

3. Like America, we are a federal state.

4. We Canadians get along.

As a de facto still British colony, Canada can only be described with three adjectives:
Spatially huge, culturally tiny and politically insignificant

Hmmm...why Canada Matters...

Canada is a vast land with multiple "cultures". The Newfies/ Atlantic culture (which personally I love)...the Quebec culture (which I think should be preserved but WITHOUT the id1otic imposition of those silly language laws which only serve to stifle Quebec's economy)...the Ontario culture (a sense of superiority over all of Canada)...the western culture (from which I sprang forth)...and the BC culture ( Which frankly I find confusing and like Quebec, self-diminishing)...The various native cultures (which should be preserved but not at the expense of progress and certainly not this segregated chickenshit we experience now).

On top of the ground are vast natural resources that Pixie-Dust is trying to curtail. Under the ground is a mountain of natural resources that again...Pixie-Dust is trying to curtail. And then there's the newly usable Northern Passage.

IMO, Canada needs to quietly keep its head down, develop our wealth, and watch our economy and standard of living take off. We don't need to "matter" militarily to anyone. But if we get Pixie-Dust out of the way, we can make a HUGE impact on the global economy and on all Canadians.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:29 AM, August1991 said:

IMHO, this current war in Europe reminds me of the 1912 Balkan wars.

Americans - the elite - seem to think that it is 1938. Fighting Hitler.,

====

Trudeau Snr, Kissinger, Nixon lived through war. Create counterweights. Even Kennedy knew that.

How does any of this relate to why Canada matters..."It does not", maybe micheal can explain it as he seems to approve of your post...You have failed at expressing why Canada matters...when the world has been warning Canada and it's leaders that we are on the verge of becoming irrelevant towards global issues, and soon to be isolated both economically and politically to our allieds...it is almost like you yourself are isolated and are stuck in the 1912 era...and yet today this nation has never been more divided on almost every issue that effects our nation, you just glossed over that point. By saying we get along...you mention slavic and english and french like they are the only ones worth mentioning ....when Canada or better yet  justins canada is to become so diverse we don't have a culture or anything worth mentioning that is canadian culture...  i will end with this we are as divided as we are going to get...becasue we all don't get along.

22 hours ago, Army Guy said:

How does any of this relate to why Canada matters..."It does not", maybe micheal can explain it as he seems to approve of your post...You have failed at expressing why Canada matters...when the world has been warning Canada and it's leaders that we are on the verge of becoming irrelevant towards global issues, and soon to be isolated both economically and politically to our allieds...it is almost like you yourself are isolated and are stuck in the 1912 era...and yet today this nation has never been more divided on almost every issue that effects our nation, you just glossed over that point. By saying we get along...you mention slavic and english and french like they are the only ones worth mentioning ....when Canada or better yet  justins canada is to become so diverse we don't have a culture or anything worth mentioning that is canadian culture...  i will end with this we are as divided as we are going to get...becasue we all don't get along.

Wow!

1, Canada matters because we get along.

2. 1912? Pierre Trudeau was born in 1919. He remembered the 1890s - and the collapse of 1914.

3. Divided? Disagree. Many WASPs will vote for a guy named Poilievre who has a Catholic wife from Venezuela.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2024 at 7:09 PM, Army Guy said:

How does any of this relate to why Canada matters..."It does not", maybe micheal can explain it as he seems to approve of your post...You have failed at expressing why Canada matters...

In so many places elsewhere in the world (Lebanon/Syria). we Canadians get along.

To me: Lebanon is Montreal - Laval is Syria.

Edited by August1991

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

Wow!

1, Canada matters because we get along.

2. 1912? Pierre Trudeau was born in 1919. He remembered the 1890s - and the collapse of 1914.

3. Divided? Disagree. Many WASPs will vote for a guy named Poilievre who has a Catholic wife from Venezuela.

More cryptic replies...

1. Canada that you and i once knew is long gone my friend, today Canadians don't give a crap at the nation, what they care about is what the nation can do for them...very few Patriotic Canadians left...getting along is no longer enough..

2. George samolinie born in 1900, he remembers the 1800 's and the collapse of slavery...

3..get along , disagree, many Canadians white, black, brown,every color and creed,  purple with warts on their dicks will vote conservatives because they are tired of being divided by the left, tired of being torn apart as a nation. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

More cryptic replies...

1. Canada that you and i once knew is long gone my friend,

Samolinie? Disagree. We understand one another. Sort of.

====

In a far larger sense, we Canadians - Catholic and Protestant - get along

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 10:21 PM, August1991 said:

Samolinie? Disagree. We understand one another. Sort of.

====

In a far larger sense, we Canadians - Catholic and Protestant - get along

I'm floating around in outer space trying to piece together your conversation, perhaps you can use some more context...

You do know that catholic and protestant religions are a dying breed, the majority of Canadians are not that religious, i'd say most would fall into the atheist category... ......so what your saying now is a minority of Canadians get along...while the majority does what ? 

Canadians have been told by our government we have no culture, no identity, nothing more than a glob of people really.... that being diverse is our strength, which is complete bull*it, we have gone out of our way to water down what we are, who we are, and our history, all to accommodate new comers, and on top of all that we have apologized to every man, women, dog, cat, goffer, squirrel in the nation for something that happened in the past...So much so we have been divided into millions of little groups...groups that no one dare talk to anyone outside of your own group, for fear of being canceled or worse...and when conversation does happen it is yelling and screaming calling our names....that normally end with a good old fashion Canadian FU...

You have done nothing to suggest otherwise... other than we get along...when our true selves are much more ugly than you think they are...

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'm floating around in outer space trying to piece together your conversation, perhaps you can use some more context...

You do know that catholic and protestant religions are a dying breed, the majority of Canadians are not that religious....

----

Canadians have been told by our government we have no culture, no identity, nothing more than a glob of people really....

In 1867, heck in 1763, religion was a big part of Canada.

---

True, I agree. Few people now go to Mass. Some get hitched in a church. Some people make it a big thing.

Yet, we get along.

Edited by August1991