The Choice Republicans Face

Like Alexander Hamilton, we live in an age of fierce loyalties that make crossing party lines extraordinarily difficult. If anything, it is even harder now, especially for Republicans living with social pressures, media echo chambers, and a cult-like party culture compassed round, in the words of John Milton. Many public figures in the GOP have shown that they cannot break free of partisanship even in the face of rank criminality.

For example: Former Attorney General Bill Barr and New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu acknowledge Trump’s lies about the 2020 election, and his culpability in the January 6 attack on the Capitol. But both men have said they would vote for Trump. Sununu has said that he would do so even if Trump is convicted of multiple felonies, suggesting that his crimes would be less important than his political differences with the Democrats. Former Vice President Mike Pence has said he would not endorse Trump, but he has also ruled out voting for Joe Biden.

Even former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who declared that Trump “is wholly unfit to be president of the United States in every way you think,” cannot bring himself to support the Democratic incumbent. We’re still waiting for Nikki Haley to say how she will vote in November.

So far, only Liz Cheney seems to be taking a position that rhymes with Hamilton’s choice two centuries ago. “There are some conservatives who are trying to make this claim that somehow Biden is a bigger risk than Trump,” she said. “My view is: I disagree with a lot of Joe Biden’s policies. We can survive bad policies. We cannot survive torching the Constitution.” Alexander Hamilton would, I think, approve. 

Party POWER over country. 🤮

15.png

Oh god Liz Cheney? Nobody cares that matters listens to that woman, her whole identity now is talking trash about Trump.

She can't get elected dog catcher no matter what party she joins and all she has now is the pay liberal news sites give her to take a dump on Trump. Nobody cares about her opinion on policy, no one cares about anything else except that she keeps the R next to her name and trashes Trump.

I love how you love Constitution all of sudden except when it doesn't work for you. Most liberals would love nothing more if the Constitution is trashed as long as they are the ones who rewrite it. Canada is what you want no gun rights and no freedom of speech but you pay a crap ton in taxes for free healthcare which is so shaky they are more than happy to help you kill yourself, hell they even suggest it to people who aren't even in a life threatening situation.

Hell Canada healthcare system has become like internet troll.

Patient "Doctor I feel sad alot"

Doctor "kill yourself"

Veteren Patient, "Hey is it possible if you get me one of those seats that will take me upstairs its really hard to get up them with no legs"

VA Healthcare, "Why don't you kill yourself it will solve that problem"

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

This became a much easier decision for me once Biden went on TV to regret using the term illegal immigrant to describe that illegal immigrant who murdered Laken Riley. 

When Democrats and the President have more concern over the terminology used to describe illegal immigrants rightly as illegal immigrants while they are being encouraged and allowed to pour across the border under their watch, voting for Trump became a whole lot easier for me to swallow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

15.png

Of you want to know what the left is doing, just listen to what they accuse the right of dping:

"Like Alexander Hamilton, we live in an age of fierce loyalties that make crossing party lines extraordinarily difficult. If anything, it is even harder now, especially for Republicans living with social pressures, media echo chambers, and a cult-like party culture compassed round, in the words of John Milton. Many public figures in the GOP have shown that they cannot break free of partisanship even in the face of rank criminality."

Of course, I could be projecting as much as this guy. Sonlets dabble in a little bit of logical thinking.

Which party votes as a bloc with few to no deviants?

Which party has a problem keeping leadership?

Which party has competing ideas for most problems?

Wouldn't you say that the party that has one solution for every problem, one set of leaders that never waver and votes in a very reliable bloc is the party described above? And wouldn't the party that argues over how to solve problems, has members that vote out of step with the party and keeps ousting leaders is not described above?

• Like 1

Being Canadian I have no irons in the fire. To me neither Trump or Biden have that "Presidential" aura. I would though vote for Trump as I see him as the lesser of two weevils.

We in Canada are stuck with a weird kind of peopleperson who's only saving grace is "well he has nice hair".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Oh god Liz Cheney? Nobody cares that matters listens to that woman, her whole identity now is talking trash about Trump.

She can't get elected dog catcher no matter what party she joins and all she has now is the pay liberal news sites give her to take a dump on Trump. Nobody cares about her opinion on policy, no one cares about anything else except that she keeps the R next to her name and trashes Trump.

I love how you love Constitution all of sudden except when it doesn't work for you. Most liberals would love nothing more if the Constitution is trashed as long as they are the ones who rewrite it. Canada is what you want no gun rights and no freedom of speech but you pay a crap ton in taxes for free healthcare which is so shaky they are more than happy to help you kill yourself, hell they even suggest it to people who aren't even in a life threatening situation.

Hell Canada healthcare system has become like internet troll.

Patient "Doctor I feel sad alot"

Doctor "kill yourself"

Veteren Patient, "Hey is it possible if you get me one of those seats that will take me upstairs its really hard to get up them with no legs"

VA Healthcare, "Why don't you kill yourself it will solve that problem"

That's an interesting comment. Look at this : 

Trump calls for the termination of the Constitution in Truth Social post

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NakedHunterBiden said:

That's an interesting comment. Look at this : 

Trump calls for the termination of the Constitution in Truth Social post

Ahhh...Hunter Biden's infamous laptop.

Here's the problem Libbies have with that Gawd forsaken election.

December 2019 - FBI seizes Hunter Biden's laptop. At that point, the KNEW it existed and was indeed Hunter's.

Late October, 2020 - 50 "former" intelligence officials sign an "opinion" that the stories about the laptop and its owner are..."Russian Disinformation.

As a result, Biden gets thousands of votes he would not have gotten had these "former" intelligence officials had told the truth. We know that from polls after the fact.

So...Did the Democrats cheat?

You bet your sweet bippy they did.

Thus...who "actually" broke the Constitution?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

December 2019 - FBI seizes Hunter Biden's laptop. At that point, the KNEW it existed and was indeed Hunter's.

Late October, 2020 - 50 "former" intelligence officials sign an "opinion" that the stories about the laptop and its owner are..."Russian Disinformation.

As a result, Biden gets thousands of votes he would not have gotten had these "former" intelligence officials had told the truth. We know that from polls after the fact.

Sigh.

A. The former intelligence officials didn't say it was Russian disinformation, they said it bore the hallmarks of Russian disinformation--warning the public not to buy into it immediately. Which is, frankly, good advice for something crazy like the laptop info with such a sketchy provenance. Remember that even the NY Post authors who wrote the story thought it was too sketchy and refused to put their names (their reputations) on it. That's how unvetted it was. 

B. Those ex-officials were not in the FBI. They were retired. And, as far as I can discern, not a single one of them was retired from the FBI. So there is no connection to the FBI at all. Let alone to "the Democrats." The FBI also being run by Republicans--Trump appointees, no less. You're just throwing crazy conspiracy accusations at the wall. 

C. And even if your nonsensical conspiracy theory were true, which if very clearly isn't, judging it cheating would put you in the position of judging that the FBI interfered to help Trump win office in the first place with Comey's October Surprise. 

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Sigh.

A. The former intelligence officials didn't say it was Russian disinformation, they said it bore the hallmarks of Russian disinformation--warning the public not to buy into it immediately. Which is, frankly, good advice for something crazy like the laptop info with such a sketchy provenance. Remember that even the NY Post authors who wrote the story thought it was too sketchy and refused to put their names (their reputations) on it. That's how unvetted it was. 

B. Those ex-officials were not in the FBI. They were retired. And, as far as I can discern, not a single one of them was retired from the FBI. So there is no connection to the FBI at all. Let alone to "the Democrats." The FBI also being run by Republicans--Trump appointees, no less. You're just throwing crazy conspiracy accusations at the wall. 

C. And even if your nonsensical conspiracy theory were true, which if very clearly isn't, judging it cheating would put you in the position of judging that the FBI interfered to help Trump win office in the first place with Comey's October Surprise. 

^This. EXACTLY why you cannot trust any right winger here who goes to the trouble of typing out HIS INTERPRETATION of events and NEVER posts ACTUAL CREDIBLE REPORTS of what happened. AKA, they make up BULLSHIT. Continually.

It's really embarrassing for THEM, and they never learn....

54 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Well, lying isn't against the Constitution, per se. But, yes, they lied.

What was blatantly against the Constitution was sending out mail in ballots in opposition to state laws. Several states, counties and municipalities did that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hodad said:

Sigh.

They cheated and everyone knows it.!

Some won't get caught admitting it...but everyone who learns the story...knows the Democrats cheated.

I'm praying for a little come-upin's.

Edited by Nationalist

4 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

What was blatantly against the Constitution was sending out mail in ballots in opposition to state laws. Several states, counties and municipalities did that.

Also very true.

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Some won't get caught admitting it...but everyone who learns the story...knows the Democrats cheated.

If "everyone knows it" you all must be embarrassed that you can't come up with even a shred of evidence to support it. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hodad said:

If "everyone knows it" you all must be embarrassed that you can't come up with even a shred of evidence to support it. 

That laptop is all the proof I need. All the justification I need too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

That laptop is all the proof I need. All the justification I need too.

Clearly. The fact of a laptop existing is all anyone should need to weave wild conspiracy theories and convince themselves that the unsupported claims are infallible. 🤪

It's almost toooooo easy!

Conspiracy Charlie Day GIF - Conspiracy Charlie Day Crazy - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

WHO did that? It seems you're unaware that the vast majority of state legislatures AUTHORIZE state OFFICIALS to act on their behalf to RUN ELECTIONS. 

Which is why all the court cases brought alleging what you claim FAILED.

45 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So ^you CLAIM, with ZERO evidence. LMAO

32 minutes ago, robosmith said:

WHO did that? It seems you're unaware that the vast majority of state legislatures AUTHORIZE state OFFICIALS to act on their behalf to RUN ELECTIONS. 

Which is why all the court cases brought alleging what you claim FAILED.

So ^you CLAIM, with ZERO evidence. LMAO

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/03/28/new_peer-reviewed_research_finds_evidence_of_2020_voter_fraud_147378.html

Sure it does.