American War Dodgers

Guest American Woman
If you are going to do this it should be universal, no fireman, or police recruiting, or for that matter any job that has unlimited liability....

But i guess it's ok to recruit for some of the other most dangerous jobs on the planet.

I don't think the schools are allowed, much less required by law, to give out students' names and addresses and phone numbers to firemen, police, etc. But that's really irrelevant, because if one joins the fire or police dept, they are free to quit whenever they want; therefore, there's no comparison between dangerous civil jobs and the military.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
A contract is still a contract, and yes some police and fire depts do require a contract to be signed....

A contract is a contract, but going to jail for breaking the contract is something else again; so even though some police and fire depts may require a contract to be signed, people can still quit without doing jail time. Breaking a civilian contract is different from breaking a military contract.

And like I said, police and firefighters aren't being given the names and personal information of students.

Edited by American Woman

A contract is a contract, but going to jail for breaking the contract is something else again; so even though some police and fire depts may require a contract to be signed, people can still quit without doing jail time. Breaking a civilian contract is different from breaking a military contract.

And like I said, police and firefighters aren't being given the names and personal information of students.

Which has no bearing on whether deserters shouldn't be sent back or whether the government should allow the governement to recruit at government funded schools.

So that is the reason you want them out of the schools....because of a few shady recruiters, and a few careless students that failed to read between the lines...

Here in Canada you require your parents permission up until the age of 19....then i guess some magical ferry teaches you to read the entire contract before signing....

It is also alot easier to get out of our military, or cease your contract....

Regardless of what precautions you take there will always cases like this...

Guest American Woman
So that is the reason you want them out of the schools....because of a few shady recruiters, and a few careless students that failed to read between the lines...

I want them out of the schools because they have no business getting the names and phone numbers of school children. They have no business intruding on the privacy of our homes. If they want to recruit, let them recruit the way every other organization recruits.

Here in Canada you require your parents permission up until the age of 19....then i guess some magical ferry teaches you to read the entire contract before signing....

Good for Canada. It should be the same here, only it should be until the age of 21 since at 19, you are an adult in Canada. At least you have to have parental permission before a child is considered responsible enough to drink a beer. Here in the States I guess some magical fairy makes kids responsible enough to go to war but not responsible enough to drink a beer.

It is also alot easier to get out of our military, or cease your contract....

I'm talking about the States, but that's good that things are different in Canada. But again, this is regarding an American soldier, so it's irrelevant to this issue/case that it's easier to get out of the military or cease a Canadian military contract.

Regardless of what precautions you take there will always cases like this...

I'm not saying there wouldn't be. I'm saying it shouldn't be so easy for recruiters to prey on students and people too young to even drink a beer. I'm saying there's no comparison to a civilian contract.

Edited by American Woman

American Woman.

Large corporations don't go into grade schools/high schools to recruite kids, do they? They go into colleges and universities.

It is preying on the children. Taking advantage of the innocence/ignorance in them to join up for the wrong reasons. The US military can recruit from high schools without needing parents permission?? I find this odd.

Guest American Woman
American Woman.

Large corporations don't go into grade schools/high schools to recruite kids, do they? They go into colleges and universities.

It is preying on the children. Taking advantage of the innocence/ignorance in them to join up for the wrong reasons. The US military can recruit from high schools without needing parents permission?? I find this odd.

Not only can they recruit from high schools without needing parental permission, the law requires all schools to give the military the names of all students, along with their addresses and phone numbers, so recruiters call our homes, over and over, asking for our children-- and try to entice them with "easy money." This is due to Bush's "No Child Left Behind" program, which is supposed to be about improvements in education.

American Woman.

They might but on the otherhand, large corporations don't offer to pay your college tuition after being withthem for a set period of time.

Recruits under the age of 18 need parental permission and any contract that a minor signs can be legally voided.

They might but on the otherhand, large corporations don't offer to pay your college tuition after being withthem for a set period of time.

Recruits under the age of 18 need parental permission and any contract that a minor signs can be legally voided.

The subject in general as to whether a dodger or diserter or disident can find refuge in Canada is a no brainer - IF - the administration that lanched these wars was legitiate THEN I say send the dodgers back - seeing it is NOT legitimate and entered into via fraud and WITHOUT a proper clear and formal declaration of war - well - let them stay if WE are honourable - those wanting to send them back are NOT honourable.

Yes they so....everything from burger flipping at Micky Dees to Cisco courses in high school. Ditto trade schools dedicated to supplying corporations with skilled talent.

The US military (i.e. government) should have access to the same resource pool anybody else. They sure don't mind taking federal funding for education.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=bush_cheney2004: The US military (i.e. government) should have access to the same resource pool anybody else.

In which case, they should allow them the freedom to quit, just like anybody else.

Exactly the point I was just going to make.

But since the U.S. military has access to all the students' names in all the schools, along with their phone numbers and addresses, they don't have the same access to the same resource pool as anybody else because to my knowledge, McDonald's certainly isn't privy to that information. Therefore, bush_cheney2004 seems to be arguing that the U.S. military shouldn't have that information either, since they should all have the same access. Seems as if we're on the same page.

Edited by American Woman

Exactly the point I was just going to make.

But since the U.S. military has access to all the students' names in all the schools, along with their phone numbers and addresses, they don't have the same access to the same resource pool as anybody else because McDonald's certainly isn't privy to that information. Therefore, bush_cheney2004 seems to be arguing that the U.S. military shouldn't have that information either, since they should all have the same access. Seems as if we're on the same page.

But you didn't make it.....the names and addresses "with phone numbers" bogeyman is fallacious. McDonald's has access to any number of public databases derived from readily available information. How do you think marketing firms make a living?

No issue here....parents have to sign for minors.

Thanks Mom!

P.S. My kid's middle school actually compiled names, addresses and phone numbers of the entire student body for distribution. One stop shopping for child molesters.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

How much funding does McDonalds give the US school system?

Listening to this drivel, you would think that kids have no brains, their parents have no brains and they haveno choice but to make an appointment a the recruiters office...

....well I'm sure some kids and some parents have no brians...

How much funding does McDonalds give the US school system?

Listening to this drivel, you would think that kids have no brains, their parents have no brains and they haveno choice but to make an appointment a the recruiters office...

It's just more of the soft brain drivel that can't believe a student might actually choose to join the armed forces. Note that they don't want the same students to get any counseling before getting an abortion! :lol:

...and we won't be home until it's over over there!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman
But you didn't make it.....the names and addresses "with phone numbers" bogeyman is fallacious. McDonald's has access to any number of public databases derived from readily available information. How do you think marketing firms make a living?

No issue here....parents have to sign for minors.

Thanks Mom!

No, the names and addresses isn't "fallacious." It's part of the No Child Left Behind program. And as I already pointed out, a minor who can't drink a beer can sign a military contract without parental permission. This is what I have a real problem with. Young people who the government has determined are not responsible enough to drink a beer are considered responsible enough to be recruited/enticed into the military-- are considered responsible enough to sign a contract that they can't get out of without facing a jail sentence -- are considered responsible enough to go to war. That makes no sense at all. Until they are no longer a minor in any respect, they should be considered a minor by the military, same as they are in Canada.

Edited by American Woman

Yes they so....everything from burger flipping at Micky Dees to Cisco courses in high school.

I guess you are right. If you go to school, work at teh McDees in the school to get your degree and to make some extra cash on your lunch break. Awesome idea. And you get to look cool in front of all your friends.

Ditto trade schools dedicated to supplying corporations with skilled talent.

This is what I understand for trade schools. Which is on the level as a college or university degree/diploma, depending where you are. And I was refering to highschools. I mentioned grade schools, but if they were doing that, then it's pushing the line. Just throwin this out there.

The US military (i.e. government) should have access to the same resource pool anybody else. They sure don't mind taking federal funding for education.

Actually, you are right here.

Guest American Woman
They are considered minors...no beer for the young warmonger baby killers either! :lol:

I was a "minor" in the US military.....you were not.

Exactly. They ARE considered minors. Thanks for backing up my point.

If you don't need your prents to sign...why did this recruiter try a forge a signature?

When you're only 17, you need your parent's signature to get into the army, but for an Ogden teenager, a recruiter forged his Dad's signature.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=520656

EOS

:lol::lol::lol: x infinity.... :lol: