Time to get rid of the NDP

Time to get rid of the NDP  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or merge with the Liberals? Otherwise they are just too ridiculous and idealistic to be taken serious by Canadians that like having a job and a house (my bold).

Oh come on geoffrey, do you seriously believe this or are you just insulting people who vote NDP?! That has been the only arguments put forward by you and others in these forums other than the NDP = Communist TERRARR!!!11!!

I do seriously believe this. If you take the NDP word for word from their platform, I can guarntee massive unemployment and a flight of business to the US/EU. I know I wouldn't be sticking around to do business.

So what you are basically saying is that you would follow the path of someone such as Sir Conrad Black. All for me and none for you.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 people now support my cause.

Wow! Mapleleafwebs very own sect of right-wing extremists :lol:

That be me!

Personally I'd like the NDP to stick around. Jack's ideas and "I GET RESULTS!! PPPPLEEASE VOTE FOR ME!!" give me some great comic relief. Plus if I ever start a car dealership, I know who to hire.

That be me!

Personally I'd like the NDP to stick around. Jack's ideas and "I GET RESULTS!! PPPPLEEASE VOTE FOR ME!!" give me some great comic relief. Plus if I ever start a car dealership, I know who to hire.

According to the Globe and Mail, the goal of the NDP, has always been to bring about realignment under its own auspices. Robin Sears, recently suggested on CBC Newsworld that the outcome of the election might result in a long-awaited coalescence of left and centre-left forces around the NDP, and a withering away of the Liberal Party.

So, given that after 40 years they are still in fourth place and not much more of the popular vote, and considering they have abandoned some of their more radical left wing ideology, maybe they should merge with the liberals.

That be me!

Who would you hire? Certainly not Jack Layton. Maybe Paul Martin or Stephen Harper.

Since one of your favourite insults is against the NDP's fiscal management capabilities, why would you want him in a profit driven buisness like a car dealership? Oh well.. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to work with Jack. :)

Paradoxically that would give us the reverse of the political scene after 1993. The united left would leave the centre open to the CPC. Add that to the CPCs newfound support in Quebec, plus the NDPs utter electoral failure in Quebec and you would probably guarantee two or three CPC majorities with a united left.

Go for it guys. :lol:

According to the Globe and Mail, the goal of the NDP, has always been to bring about realignment under its own auspices. Robin Sears, recently suggested on CBC Newsworld that the outcome of the election might result in a long-awaited coalescence of left and centre-left forces around the NDP, and a withering away of the Liberal Party.

I think we should totally reamp our system of government. Their should only be 2 governing parties. the Liberals (left leaning) and The Conservatives (right leaning). Now, their should be a whole new house of government, similar to the senate, that consists of elected officials from other parties, such as the NDP :(

Now... I dispise the NDP's Ideology and policies with a passion, but it wouldnt be democratic to totally get rid of them (I know realize this :P ) so... I think they should stick around to govern in the "third house" called the "House of elected Communists!!!" LOL!!!!

Got ya!!!!! :P:P

hahahah :D

" The stronger the government the weaker the people"

Tell that to the people on the rooftops in New Orleans.

I really don't know how to interpret what you are saying.

Are you saying tell that to them, because there government is so big and strong , yet they didn't rescue trapped people fast enough?

Or are you saying that those people would prefer to have a bigger government so they could have been helped faster?

Or are you saying that those people would be like "we are super strong, screw that quote"?

Clarify plz.

B) That those people would prefer to have a bigger government so they could have been helped faster

Though, I would say stronger rather than bigger because you don't have to be big to be strong. The U.S. government is huge, but with its incompetent administration it's terribly weak.

If the government becomes too strong, it starts to supress the people, I think thats what Ronnie james Dio was talking about. Look at places like cuba, tibet, iraq (before the over-throw of suddan). All those dictators supress the people because their government was allowed too much power.

Cuba's wonderful. No need for these types of debates only one party haha

If the government becomes too strong, it starts to supress the people, I think thats what Ronnie james Dio was talking about. Look at places like cuba, tibet, iraq (before the over-throw of suddan). All those dictators supress the people because their government was allowed too much power.

Cuba's wonderful. No need for these types of debates only one party haha

So true.

According to yesterday's Winnipeg Free Press, "(Manitoba NDP) FINANCE Minister Greg Selinger said yesterday taxpayers have something to look forward to in next month's budget.

Selinger said he will follow through on promises to cut corporate and small-business taxes and education property taxes. He also hinted to at least one lobby group that personal income tax rates may fall."

This is an NDP government that has not raised taxes at all since taking power six years ago, and has already reduced them (modestly) in the last two budgets.

It must just blow your mind. :lol:

" The stronger the government the weaker the people"

Tell that to the people on the rooftops in New Orleans.

You're saying what?

New Orleans has been under unfettered Democrat (read:liberal) rule for 50 years now and look how liberalism has failed them. Ray Nagin the racist mayor refused to use the available buses to get people out until they were under waist deep water. Kathleen Blanco hemmed and hawed about whether or not to evacuate until it was too late. Bush told her to start the evacuation and even then she waited 48 hours before doing it.