Blacks are accessories for whites

RB

Dear RB,
I feel that if one black face appears in marketing materials or you hang out with your one black friend. You have accessorized your life, makes it all seem geniune
Perhaps you do feel this way, but I think that this is one of the kookiest things I have read here in a while.

If you have wealth, even better, you can also accessorize with kids in your arms. The Hollywood folks are becoming notorious.

Thats the truth.

I feel that if one black face appears in marketing materials or you hang out with your one black friend. You have accessorized your life, makes it all seem geniune

Prior to the creation of the term "politically correct", what you call an "accessory" was referred to as a "token". Typically, a token Jew was admitted to an otherwise WASP club to show the club's liberal nature.

The American writer Tom Wolfe also invented the term "radical chic" which described the popularity of otherwise extreme ideas - for example, T-shirts with a portrait of Che Guevara.

Of course, people who hang out with people who happen to be black may just like each other's company.

Thats the truth.

Prior to the creation of the term "politically correct", what you call an "accessory" was referred to as a "token". Typically, a token Jew was admitted to an otherwise WASP club to show the club's liberal nature.

The American writer Tom Wolfe also invented the term "radical chic" which described the popularity of otherwise extreme ideas - for example, T-shirts with a portrait of Che Guevara.

Of course, people who hang out with people who happen to be black may just like each other's company.

They may seem to like each other. Accessories are still defined as nonessential in my opinion and in the case of backs constructed this way but, this time they are quite desirable and hence the effect of liking each other

for example, T-shirts with a portrait of Che Guevara.

I got one of these as an Xmas gift from somebody who does not know anything about my political views(she had just returned from Cuba). I'm going to wear it as a stealth shirt, some people will have a rude awakening when they try the 'revolutionary brother' routine with me.

Dear RB,

They may seem to like each other. Accessories are still defined as nonessential in my opinion and in the case of backs constructed this way but, this time they are quite desirable and hence the effect of liking each other
You seem to have an extremely bitter view of the world. How I make friends is by talking with them, often sharing common experiences, (such as work or hobbies) and often similar political viewpoints (but the last one isn't as important). Race or gender do not have a place on the 'fleabag's like-o-meter'.

The human body is merely a vehicle, transportation for 'the soul'. I only make judgements of what is on the inside. Same for 'beauty'. I know a few people that are considered 'attractive', but are shallow and ugly inside. Their looks become way less endearing when you get to know them.

Dear RB,
You seem to have an extremely bitter view of the world. How I make friends is by talking with them, often sharing common experiences, (such as work or hobbies) and often similar political viewpoints (but the last one isn't as important). Race or gender do not have a place on the 'fleabag's like-o-meter'.

The human body is merely a vehicle, transportation for 'the soul'. I only make judgements of what is on the inside. Same for 'beauty'. I know a few people that are considered 'attractive', but are shallow and ugly inside. Their looks become way less endearing when you get to know them.

I agree, but from the other side. An a**hole is an a**hole no matter what color his skin is.

I don't see skin colors. That may be hard for some people to believe given some of my harsh postings, but I am not a racist in any sense. I believe a thread like this is racist and anytime a label is put on someone for whatever reason to do with skin color, the underlying theme is racism.

Dear RB,

I agree, but from the other side. An a**hole is an a**hole no matter what color his skin is.

I don't see skin colors. That may be hard for some people to believe given some of my harsh postings, but I am not a racist in any sense. I believe a thread like this is racist and anytime a label is put on someone for whatever reason to do with skin color, the underlying theme is racism.

There is NO underlying theme of racism here, that is not the intention.

You seem to have an extremely bitter view of the world.

No, I don't.

My interest is not in the objects per sa but I have a fascination of man and his working superorities. I think that the ability to influence is based on the knowledge we gathered, which in turn impacts our sensibilities. When this happens, we are always in fashion hence well duh, "we never go out of fashion".

The accessory construct are issues which we cannot pull out of any books but yet we can appreciate that it is always so near. I am sorry, you folks seem disenchanted, but this forum is an avenue that allow us to broaden our views. Because so inverterate is our habit of criticism, this time I would like much of this thread direction to lie with deviant thinking.

For example, I was scanning the TV for something to watch one night recently and the conservative party leader was speaking to the media. In a brief instance of flicking the channels, I did notice the postures and faces that would impact. Whether it was marketing or politically correct, who knows.

I recognise an obscure fact and I decided to give it a name.

Would it have been better if I said that all people are entitle to be valued by their important moments. How many black faces can have those moments?. I can see that I will fall into criticism also for saying that we also measure our friends by their best moments.

I mean face it folks, we all have friends to varying degrees and for some we would like to promote them especially when we look into their eyes of saddest, we find ourselves burden with responsibility for moving them to gain freedom without much gain.

I feel that the liberty and power is still untenable and so new strategies of how to release folks from their sadness have manifested in accessory. I feel that in talking about people as accessories personal stakes are of higher value.

In layman terms, look as fast a we see a shinny bling bling, we set off to acquire it, our value changes to a different and higher level.

Thats the truth.

So it's fashionable to have a pet nigger on your arm??

Pardon the slang.

And you say this thread isn't a racial slur? I can't grasp that theory, but whatever floats yer boat.

So it's fashionable to have a pet nigger on your arm??

Pardon the slang.

And you say this thread isn't a racial slur? I can't grasp that theory, but whatever floats yer boat.

Damn I wish I looked more like my great great grandparent who was one heck of a lot darker than me!!!! I could be a pet on somebody's arm. I always seem to miss the cool thing.

• 8 months later...
Thats the truth.

It seems that RB was on to this trend well before Madonna:

Madonna defended her adoption of year-old Malawian baby David Banda as he arrived at her London mansion Tuesday, rejecting a swirl of protest over her decision to offer the infant a home and insisting she had acted according to the law.

Speaking for the first time about the African child, the pop star said in a statement she hoped to make his adoption permanent following an l8-month evaluation period, required by Malawi authorities.

IHT

Scream racism all you want, it’s true.

Just the other day a black comic on the comedy network said “I’m an intellectual, educated black guy – so it’s inevitable that one white guy in our group will say something to me like: “You are just so cool, sometimes I forget your even black.”

White people treat blacks like accessories. As in “aren’t I wonderful? I am friends with a black person!”

Madonna adopting a black baby is just that – she has bought herself an accessory. She is essentially saying “Aren’t I wonderful? I am going to spend my billions on this one child that I have saved from a life of poverty and blackness!”

Why not just give his parents the start THEY need to raise their own child. If he doesn’t have parents why not give his community the start they need to raise the child.

Show off white rich bitch. IMO.

Thats the truth.

I personally believe that blondes have become the ultimate fashion accessory.

What better way to show you've made it in the world than to have a trophy on your arm? And for black men in particular, what better way to show you've made it in the white-man's world than to have a white man's trophy on your arm? What a great status symbol-- much better than a Mercedes, for sure.

Finally a chance to post this: Black People Love Us!

:lol: That's priceless! Judging from the letters page, some people appear to not get it.

for example, T-shirts with a portrait of Che Guevara.
I got one of these as an Xmas gift from somebody who does not know anything about my political views(she had just returned from Cuba). I'm going to wear it as a stealth shirt, some people will have a rude awakening when they try the 'revolutionary brother' routine with me.

OMG, I was wearing my Guevara T-shirt the other day, and Leah comes up to me, and she's like "OMG, who is that DISHY Latino guy on your t-shirt?" and I'm like "I don't know, but OMG, doesn't he have the CUTEST beret?"

-k

I'd say the majority who wear Che shirts don't do so out of any political belief. Ever wonder why Che shirts and other Che paraphanalia always feature the same image? It's because it's about the image, the icon, and not the man it represents. IOW the chances of anyone falling for your cunning plan are pretty low.

I'd say the majority who wear Che shirts don't do so out of any political belief. Ever wonder why Che shirts and other Che paraphanalia always feature the same image? It's because it's about the image, the icon, and not the man it represents. IOW the chances of anyone falling for your cunning plan are pretty low.

I have a che t-shirt a friend brought back from cuba....made in cube best t-shirt I own being worn once a week for the last 7 years......

I also have a mao shirt that a friend brought back for china....(same icinic image iffya dig) ...made in chine

utter piece of crap......holes under the arms.....had it 2 years......

So when in doubt, a choice between china or cuba....go cuba