‘We’ve had enough’: Protests over carbon price hike halt traffic across Canada (NL Premier calls for emergency meeting

10 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I can not find any evidence of "more the 1/2 the price is taxes".

This is from Aug 2023. It does nto include the recent 3.3 cent carbon tax increase.

"The CTF’s Gas Tax Honesty Report shows that taxes make up 32 per cent of the pump price in Ontario, which works out to about 52 cents per litre. "   https://www.taxpayer.com/newsroom/news-release-hidden-gas-taxes-drive-up-pump-prices-in-ontario-report

The governments (feds and provincial) have always taxed the begeezus out of gasoline. What we are talking about is the 3 cents per litre that was added on April 1.

I , like you and the rest of Canada are very much anti carbon tax.

Your right , my bad i read my source wrong it equals 53 Cents per liter, not more than 50 %. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Canada does not have a overall contribution that makes any difference at all.

Repeat: and that is a valid excuse not to even try to do our part?
The tiny part we pay vs the cries of abject poverty out the windows of our $1M homes and $60K cars.

image.thumb.jpeg.4dd21e0e249a405930bd0b3368945e93.jpeg

1 hour ago, herbie said:

We aren't even trying now.  The carbon tax does nothing.

And it absolutely IS a very valid reason not to damage our economy or hurt ourselves just for the sake of virtue signalling.

Sorry kiddo - you guys had your chance and all people see is that climate change is still happening at exactly the same rate but now they can't afford food or a place to live.

Oh - and your little cheezy chart from "politics 101"?  - a complete and utter lie as we've already shown numerous times.

Here's the deal - if carbon tax doesn't make things more expensive, there's no way for it to work. Think about it.

12 hours ago, herbie said:

The tiny part we pay vs the cries of abject poverty out the windows of our $1M homes and $60K cars.

No. I do think we should do our part.

Thing is though, our part is so much higher than anyone in the world and it punishes our citizens. Lets do our part in complete correlation to the damage we cause. What is happening now is that we pay carbon tax on top of carbon tax,.

Your chart is somewhat simplistic because it does not take into consideration the entire supply chain, from seed to product on the shelf and then the carbon tax of the store you buy it from. it compounds at every step.  Everything we need and use that is affected by this tax. We are also being carbon taxed on products we don't even make....

What is not considered is how we should be helping our citizens and if taxation is creating detrimental financial and living problems, then we should lower or adjust them. Trudeau saw this and lowered the tax in Nova Scotia. The rest of the country also suffers, why not the rest of t= Canadians?

On 4/7/2024 at 9:04 PM, herbie said:

On 4/7/2024 at 9:04 PM, herbie said:

If you were so concerned about climate change , why are you not chirping about the liberals shitty climate change plan....instead your using a page out of the liberal carbon tax book, and trying to shame people into thinking we are better off with this carbon tax in place....and why is it having little to no effect on Canada meeting it's signed and agreed climate change goals, why are emissions up not fallin, ...If it is this cheap why are we even getting a carbon rebate cheques....

22 bil in carbon taxes alone was collected last year, that does not account for the rest of the taxes, like clean fuel tax, or hst /pst taxes collected over the same period...

Because I live in the province that has it's own climate plan that has its own shortcomings, like zero push for geothermal in the most geologically active place.
Also because I have enough sense not to expect instantly shutting off gas and oil, but in reducing CO2 step by step and earning revenue helping other countries at the same time.

Got it? There is no black or white, there's only shades of grey.
If there's mountain in front of you you climb it one step at a time, you don't sit down beside the guy who gives up or pretends it's not there and mope that Scottie can't beam you to the top.