Never Trump Republicans: the choice is due now

Former President George W. Bush

Former Vice President Dick Cheney

Former Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney

Paul Ryan

and many more Republicans.

One cannot play into the agendas and hands of totalitarian dictator thugs. One cannot lie their way to the power of a proud democratic nation.

It's only as simple as that. Don't even think that a twisty, boneless tongue will help you have it both ways: prop an open admirer of totalitarian thugs, a lying coward; and have a grain of dignity; self-respect and integrity in the end. No, don't even try to hope. It never worked this way.

And the choice is due now.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only way to defeat a grotesque lie is to stand up to it. It's really that simple now, and no wiggle room left.

And so, yes we make our choices. Some choose dignity and integrity and others, to drain themselves of them completely and drown in shame, and sh*t. To each, their own. The important thing is: they knew.

Edited by myata

52 minutes ago, myata said:

It's really that simple now, and no wiggle room left.

Politicians are the epitome of spineless behavior. 

You expect these people to stand up to someone in demand, and dash their own political hopes?

Haley "stood up to" Trump in being opportunistic. She felt a pulse she wished to exploit, that just wasn't there.

She barely spanked him, verbally. 

Its all about her own interests.

Unless confronting him will get you his voters, don't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Politicians are the epitome of spineless behavior. 

Generalities do not explain anything. Yes there are individuals of dignity and principle politicians or not, and there are spineless sponges that will suck up to anything that would give them some juice. But there are no explanations for sucking up to Putins and Uns. Just none. Just forget it and don't even bother to move that spineless tongue: it will get you absolutely nowhere. Yes, there's right and there's wrong and no twisty lying tongue could mix them together. Unless you chose to.

52 minutes ago, myata said:

But there are no explanations for sucking up to Putins and Uns

Trump isn't the first to kiss Putin's a**. 

He just gets more flak for it. 

1 hour ago, myata said:

Yes, there's right and there's wrong

There's right and wrong, and there's the lane of least resistance. 

Sometimes its about avoiding conflict, and deterring it to take root to begin with.

Projecting weakness on the global stage won't help.

23 hours ago, myata said:

Former President George W. Bush

Former Vice President Dick Cheney

Former Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney

Paul Ryan

and many more Republicans.

One cannot play into the agendas and hands of totalitarian dictator thugs. One cannot lie their way to the power of a proud democratic nation.

It's only as simple as that. Don't even think that a twisty, boneless tongue will help you have it both ways: prop an open admirer of totalitarian thugs, a lying coward; and have a grain of dignity; self-respect and integrity in the end. No, don't even try to hope. It never worked this way.

And the choice is due now.

The best part is how hysterical people get about this. One of the best days of my will be the day trump gets elected again as president. If that happens i will actually tune into MSNBC and all the other leftist propaganda outlets to watch their reactions. I shouldn't be so thrilled by the prospect of other peoples misery but I can't help and they brought it on themselves. 

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

The best part is how hysterical people get about this. One of the best days of my will be the day trump gets elected again as president.

Ironically it is you with ^this that sounds completely hysterical.

Cause you're actually celebrating the triumph of a CRIMINAL and a FRAUD.

Your DENIAL won't change that.

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

If that happens i will actually tune into MSNBC and all the other leftist propaganda outlets to watch their reactions. I shouldn't be so thrilled by the prospect of other peoples misery but I can't help and they brought it on themselves. 

It REALITY, it is people in denial like yourself who MAY bring it on.

5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Trump isn't the first to kiss Putin's a**. 

So he's another one of the kind. Is there virtue in that? No. Obviously.

4 hours ago, Yakuda said:

If that happens i will actually tune into MSNBC

Another brain-absent attempt at an argument. If he fails then this is non-sequitur. And if he is, it would prove nothing. Sucking up to thugs like Putin and Un is still wrong, no matter who and how forgets about it. It was wrong to elect Hitler. It was wrong to elect Putin. It will prove wrong, again and again because obviously, it is very wrong.

18 minutes ago, myata said:

So he's another one of the kind. Is there virtue in that? No. Obviously

Him doing it somehow is worse. Clinton doing it, was humiliating at best:

image.thumb.png.28a06da6583c6ecbbef768668bbf92c7.png

Maybe am crazy. I don't see the harm of having good relations with Russia, and being insanely defensive with them at the same time.

I don't understand how keeping this country firmly pressed in a corner, is good for global safety.

I prefer bad guy Putin, being predictable.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:35 PM, Perspektiv said:

Maybe am crazy.

It's not called that. It's called amoral: beyond those very obvious, lines and limits. And then, anything goes, ample history for that.

Putin does all the same things Hitler did, complete with crimes against humanity. "We prefer bad guy Hitler, predictable". Anything goes.

They still have a choice. They can use their brain and free will to vote Democrat and the GOP will have a chance to de-Trumpify it's taint. They only need to wait out 4 years and hopefully have a party they can actual;ly support again next time.

• Thanks 1