GOP religiously attack IRS because they are in bed with the 1%

11 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Armed to the teeth...lets see where you quoted that from please.  

https://nypost.com/2022/08/16/how-many-of-us-will-be-targeted-by-bidens-gun-wielding-irs/

1. Up to 87,000 more IRS agents in the “Inflation Reduction Act” President Joe Biden signed Tuesday is troubling. And

2. the IRS stockpile of 4,600 guns and 5 million rounds of ammunition is downright unnerving.

3. The IRS arsenal of 4,600 guns includes 3,282 pistols, 621 shotguns, 539 rifles, 15 fully automatic weapons and four revolvers. It’s unclear who agents plan to shoot at.

4. A recent IRS job posting says applicants must “be willing to use deadly force.”

5. Democrats voted in lockstep to take $80 billion from taxpayers to supersize the IRS.

6. A possible 87,000 new agents are a force larger than the combined personnel on all 11 US aircraft carriers.

7. Four times the number of Border Patrol agents. 

And this: https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/irs-has-spent-10m-on-weapons-ammo-and-combat-gear-since-2020-watchdog/

1. Since 2020, the oversight group found, the IRS has spent $2.3 million on ammunition, $1.2 million on ballistic shields, $474,000 on Smith & Wesson rifles, $463,000 on Beretta 1301 tactical shotguns and $243,000 on body armor vests.

2. The tax-collecting agency has also loaded up on hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of tactical lighting, gear bags, holsters, ballistic helmets and optic sights for weapons since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the report. 

If the IRS, already famous for targeting conservatives, was targeting demonrats instead, and then Trump sent them $80B and asked them to recruit people willing to use deadly force, you f'n retards would be calling it "a mulisha to be yoozed in anuthur inserekshin". 

The Dems already tried to pretend that the national guard was going to be part of the Jan 6th Fire Extinguisher Revolution. "We didn't bring the NG in because we were worried they'd be part of it". Then they screened the 20k nat guard that they used for props around capitol hill, remember? Barbed wire, soldiers..... oooh scary stuff. All the Dems on Capitol Hill had PTSD so they thought it was necessary. 

Isn't there a liberal echo chamber somewhere that you can you run your retarded mouth in? Google "sandbox politics" or something. 

21 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Let’s be fair to Democrats. They also do their bit to help the rich. Over the years both parties have found ways to ease the path for friends and donors. And one particularly clever scheme has been perfected by our old friends at the big accounting outfits - if you don’t like the tax rules, change them. From the NYT.

Wealth defence is an industrial-complex scale endeavour alright.

I'm reminded of the argument that one universal basic income could pay for itself by eliminating the cost of administering the alphabet soup of programs and government departments designed to address economic inequality.

Imagine what a universal single page income tax return for individuals with no loopholes, tax schemes, financial gadgets or instruments would do.

How much you earned, how much you pay (See attached tax progressivity table on the back) payment and T4's enclosed.

There wouldn't be enough room on the bottom of the ocean floor for any more lawyers it would be so littered with tax accountants.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Wealth defence is an industrial-complex scale endeavour alright.

Sure - their offices are right beside the patriarchy right? :)

Fun fact - poverty advocacy is actually an even bigger industrial-complex.  (not that you know what that term means because you're using it completely incorrectly but - whatever).

Take a look for yourself - they don't turn profit but they pay the people who run it insane amounts of money for little work and the expense accounts are insane:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wealthiest_charitable_foundations

Sorry to burst your bubble - but more money by far goes into poverty defense than wealth defense.  IT's those damn poor people who horde the cash it would seem. :) 

Imagine what a universal single page income tax return for individuals with no loopholes, tax schemes, financial gadgets or instruments would do.

It would save at best a couple billion.

UBI would cost at the least tens of billions right off the bat.  And i mean net.

Once again  you havent' done the research -you've just decided you like an idea and ran with it without thinking.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - their offices are right beside the patriarchy right?

They're in the PMO, they share a desk with the MSM's editorial board.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Fun fact - poverty advocacy is actually an even bigger industrial-complex.

A UBI would eliminate that.

It would save at best a couple billion.

UBI would cost at the least tens of billions right off the bat.  And i mean net.

Once again  you havent' done the research -you've just decided you like an idea and ran with it without thinking. 

Sure I have, tens of billions would be diverted right off the bat with a progressive income tax, sans all the defence industry's loopholery and most of it's complex.

I've pointed out an annual tax on wealth could raise close to half a trillion in Canada within ten years.

There's also trillions poised to pass hands to younger generations that can be taxed. A hefty exit tax should also be in place for those on choose to leave.  And I'd argue there's a good case to be made for a special wealth appropriation tax to make a serious payment on Canada's public debt and start fixing what's broken.

Under-girding these reforms is a growing international willingness to combat evasion, close down offshore havens and cooperate in the quest for less economic inequality in everyone's economies.

I realize these sorts of things make your head explode but its either this or war. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They're in the PMO, they share a desk with the MSM's editorial board.

Right right.  These "msm"s  = are they in the room with us now?

A UBI would eliminate that.

Nope - makes it 10 times worse.

Sure I have, tens of billions would be diverted right off the bat with a progressive income tax, sans all the defence industry's loopholery and most of it's complex.

Cite?

I've pointed out an annual tax on wealth could raise close to half a trillion in Canada within ten years.

But it woudn't.  And everyone who tries to do something like that  drives the wealth away and is left with poverty.

There's also trillions poised to pass hands to younger generations that can be taxed.

Nope.

Dude - you're makeing fake shit up and pretending its' real while there are actually real problems out there.

In 10 years of CPC rule - Canada was stronger than when they took over.

In 10 years of liberal rule - we're barely holding on to 1st world status

And its self delusion like yours that explains why.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Right right.  These "msm"s  = are they in the room with us now?

I have no idea. Did you ask your toaster?

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Cite?

By doing away with at least 68 tax expenditures worth about $20 billion, the government could, in exchange, enact broad-based tax relief by scrapping the two middle-income tax rates (22 and 26 per cent). This would leave just two tax rates with an overwhelming majority of Canadians paying a single 15 per cent marginal tax rate and a small minority paying the higher 29 per cent rate.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/solve-canadas-tax-expenditure-problem-with-a-simpler-tax-system

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nope.

Yup.

The phenomenon known as the great wealth transfer could shift $72.6 trillion directly to these heirs over the next two decades

https://www.morningstar.com/news/marketwatch/20240124287/gen-x-ers-and-millennials-are-poised-to-inherit-trillions-in-the-coming-years

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Dude - you're makeing fake shit up and pretending its' real

Yeah...the Fraser Institute...a bunch of liars right?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I have no idea. Did you ask your toaster?

So you find asking your toaster if imaginary creatures are around is effective.  Explains  a lot really.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

By doing away with at least 68 tax expenditures worth about $20 billion, the government could, in exchange, enact broad-based tax relief

That has nothing to do with how a so called "progressive income tax' would deliver anything from that.  People would avoid the income tax several ways including moving their wealth away before they die or using corporations to address the issue either here or in another country and your quote didn't address that.

Did you forget about what you were trying to claim?

Yup

Nope .  Your source has nothing to do with the UBI eliminating it. Second time in a row you posted something that had nothing to do with what you were trying to prove.

Let me guess. You realized you were wrong and that there was no way to prove what you said about UBI or the taxes was accurate. So you posted something entirely different hoping i would forget what we were talking about.  But unfortunately for you i'm vastly more intelligent than you, which means I AM able to outsmart a houseplant.

What a small little person you are. It must hurt you to be out- thought by a conservative so often.  Why - its almost as if the left are the ones who don't believe in facts or science, isn't it :)  

Yeah...the Fraser Institute...a bunch of liars right?

Hard to say seeing as they didn't talk about what you were trying to prove :)   LOLOL   but - while we don't know about the fraser institute we sure do about you.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nope. You're simply failing to change the topic is all.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Pot meet kettle. Kettle - pot :)

As usual you lefties have to try cheap debate tactics and accuse others of what you're doing yourself the moment you realize you've lost and that your argument is pointless.  :)  

Watching you try to pull off the 'rabbit season duck season"  trick is always hilarious, but the funniest part is you think you're bugs when you're actually daffy :) 

I know, i know - i'm dithpicable. :) 

Edited by CdnFox