Parental opposition to childhood vaccination grows as Canadians worry about harms of anti-vax movement

Imagine being such a p1ss poor parent you don't give you child the best options to survive because you personally "believe" some anti vaccination bullshit.
Imagine the "FREEDOM" to let your child die rather than get a blood transfusion because of some stupid religious objection.

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

Imagine being such a p1ss poor parent you don't give you child the best options to survive because you personally "believe" some anti vaccination bullshit.

You're right - all the unvaccinated kids are dead now.

Oh wait......

On 2/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, I am Groot said:

There will never be enough people stupid enough to side with the anti-vaxxers.

That's an ambiguous/practically meaningless term now.

It used to refer to people who chose not to give their children safe vaccines that prevented them from pathogens that truly posed great risk to their lives, but more recently it refers to people who don't get themselves jabbed with a pseudo-vax that they don't need and which has grievously harmful side effects.

Trudeau's stunt gave people very good reason not to trust our health professionals. No one ever showed any evidence at all that children needed to be vaccinated against covid - the death stats showed quite clearly that they didn't need to be vaxed - yet we forced young people to take it and some were injured badly, even killed. 

That's real. There's a consequence for that. Humans react to actual dangers in a predictable fashion. And TBH, there are so many people vaccinated against a lot of the things that we need actual vaccinations for that we have herd immunity against them. Polio, TB, and smallpox are dead here. 

There are other thinks, like meningitis for example, that are still around and I would hope that everyone gets their kids vaccinated against thos things but I'd never say that it's unreasonable not to trust our gov't anymore. 

You can choose to be political about it, but at the end of the day children will be harmed again when some of them remain unvaxed, and that will take a while to overcome.  

Are you going to sit here and pretend that kids needed the covid jab, or that none of them were harmed/killed by it? I'm just not sure where you're coming from...

This society believes in vaccinations for good, sound scientific reasons that have been validated for generations.

Right. And our understanding of the word vaccine comes from all of those decades of safe, effectives vaccines saving countless thousands of young, healthy Canadians. 

But now the word vaccine is just a sales gimmick.

More "multi-vaccinated" people died of covid in 2022 than the total number of people who died in 2020 when covid was still a novel virus. 

More "multi-vaccinated" people died of covid in 2022 than the total number of vaxed and unvaxed people combined in 2021.

Like it or not, the definition of vaccine has changed. The word means almost nothing now. 

If you were just coming into the age where you were learning what vaccines are right now, you wouldn't think of them the same way that we did growing up back in the '70s and '80s.

Just today I was hearing ads for the HPV vaccine. Does it even work? Why should I have to question that? 

People who can't accept that are free to emigrate. 

If you don't accept the fact that this is a free country, you're free to emigrate. No one has to leave this country to suit your fancy. 

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure, in fact I mentioned developing aerosol vaccines that can be delivered by dusting the population.   

Yeah, what could go wrong?

Should the Americans try that first? Maybe the people of Tuskegee will volunteer for that vax campaign. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The risk is too low for vaccines to be taken into consideration.

Not true at all. I know two people who were badly injured by the covid jab. One is permanently affected, the other was almost killed.

Neither of them needed the jab to protect them from covid.

What would you tell them? 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Imagine the "FREEDOM" to let your child die rather than get a blood transfusion because of some stupid religious objection.

Imagine being such a cultist that you won't acknowledge how badly young people were harmed by the covid jab that they didn't need or want.

Imagine being such a cultist that you won't acknowledge how much our trust in our medical professionals was harmed during covid.

Imagine being such a cultist that you are willing to let your own petty politics get in the way of a constructive, adult dialogue about vaccines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

You're right - all the unvaccinated kids are dead now.

Oh wait......

I'm 55 and I'm unvaxxed, so according to herbie's stats, I'm long dead and buried. 

@herbie... is this post coming from the afterlife? Is repolitics some kind of digital ouija board? What you are witnessing here is clearly proof of life after death...

Bad news for everyone else is that after herbie's dead, the id10cy won't stop. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm 55 and I'm unvaxxed, so according to herbie's stats, I'm long dead and buried. 

Well obviously. You need to stop typing and breathing and moving around and stuff - you're fooling no one and it's just embarrassing :P

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well obviously. You need to stop typing and breathing and moving around and stuff - you're fooling no one and it's just embarrassing :P

I'm just too much of a stubborn conservative cultist to admit that I'm dead. 

I'll keep posting until my last bony finger falls off just to spite the pro-vaxers.  

ScreenShot2024-03-02at5_39_10PM.png.2d01b4a4a14d336a4deab0d587847c9f.png

That was coffee in those coffee cups, just in case anyone was wondering.... And I do wear pants during zoom calls. 

Oh yeah, and those books aren't fake. I read stuff!

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm just too much of a stubborn conservative cultist to admit that I'm dead. 

Thats racist.  probably.

I'll keep posting until my last bony finger falls off just to spite the pro-vaxers.  

Oh no you wont' because conservative talk is hate speech and trudeau's new law says that is punishable with LIFE in prison so even if you're dead you....  oh wait a second...  holy shit, i think you found the loophole....

Oh yeah, and those books aren't fake. I read stuff!

The only thing herbie reads is whatever the line the bottom of his cage with.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Imagine being such a cultist that you won't acknowledge how badly young people were harmed by the covid jab that they didn't need or want.

No you imagine 85% of the population is a cult and the ignorant scrabble is the majority. Cuz they yell their BS the loudest the longest. Like you.

23 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Not true at all. I know two people who were badly injured by the covid jab. One is permanently affected, the other was almost killed.

Neither of them needed the jab to protect them from covid.

What would you tell them? 

That it was a rushed vaccine that despite its flaws, still helped us get through covid.

And we're not talking about covid here, but the long proven vaccines we've given every child for generations.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No you imagine 85% of the population is a cult and the ignorant scrabble is the majority. Cuz they yell their BS the loudest the longest. Like you.

Tell me, stupid little cultist, was there a pandemic of the unvaccinated? 

Did Children need to be vaxed?

Did covid come from the wetmarket?

Was it a sign of a healthy democracy that talk of the BSL4 lab was forbidden in the media and on social media? 

Try to use some facts instead of baseless insults to make you case, stupid, so that I can humiliate you. 

20 minutes ago, herbie said:

Yes you should learn what facts are first.

Ohhhhh such wit!!!  Such a clever and original riposte!  How can he not be swayed by such a sagacious and well formed argument!!??!?!?!

@WestCanMan  - in light of herbie's comment i demand you now take 18 hours to re-evaluate your life! Hie thee to a monestary, sir!,  and contemplate your ignorance!

Sigh.  It's like discussing things in an elementary school playground at recess with you herbie. Which i didn't mind - when i was in elementary school.

5 hours ago, I am Groot said:

That it was a rushed vaccine that despite its flaws, still helped us get through covid.

Not really. It's snake oil.

And we're not talking about covid here, but the long proven vaccines we've given every child for generations.

Our gov't went full-Nazi to force us to take snake oil that they called vaccines. They damaged the brand irreparably. Trust is gone maybe forever.

At the end of the day you can't deny that we vaxed 85% of our country in 2021 and in 2022 deaths were 30% higher. It's just a fact. 86% of those deaths were among the vaxed.

If that's a vax, who needs vaxes? 

What we have to do now is explain to people "These are actual vaccines that your kids actually need, don't confuse them with that covid bullshit."

I agree that vaxing kids against polio, TB, smallpox, meningitis, hpv, etc is crucial, but I don't blame people for not trusting our known liars in gov't. 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Yes you should learn what facts are first.

See, here you are making snotty insults again because you don't dare delve into the realm of facts. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Ohhhhh such wit!!!  Such a clever and original riposte!  How can he not be swayed by such a sagacious and well formed argument!!??!?!?!

@WestCanMan  - in light of herbie's comment i demand you now take 18 hours to re-evaluate your life! Hie thee to a monestary, sir!,  and contemplate your ignorance!

Sigh.  It's like discussing things in an elementary school playground at recess with you herbie. Which i didn't mind - when i was in elementary school.

Herbie's a dime-a-dozen leftist.

"OOOH OOH OOH, THIS IS WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ON CNN! I CAN'T WAIT TO SAY THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!"

His narratives slay in leftard echo chambers but they can't withstand the light of day. 

35 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

So what are the dangers of these childhood vaccines? What is the risk of death or serious illness per million vaccinated? And how does that compare to the risk of not being vaccinated? 

That's not the issue.

The issue is that people who became adults in the lat few years don't have the same respect for actual vaccines that us older folks do. 

People born in the '40s remember when polio was destroying lives and killing people, and how vaccines put an end to that.

Older people remember when vaccines eradicated smallpox and TB.

My parents impressed all that on me when I was growing up in the '70s and '80s. 

People who just turned 23 have had a completely different experience with the word vaccine.

Vaccines didn't come along to save their lives, and they weren't glad to take them. They were forced to take fake vaccines that they wouldn't have needed even if they were real. That's their life experience. Same planet, completely different experience with "vaccines". The word means a completely different thing to young people than it meant to us.

In 1970, vaccines were like a gift from God. People were thrilled to take them. 

In 2024, vaccines were snake oil that was inflicted on you by an authoritarian government. You might not see it that way, but I hope that you can understand why other people do. 

56 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's not the issue.

The issue is that people who became adults in the lat few years don't have the same respect for actual vaccines that us older folks do. 

People born in the '40s remember when polio was destroying lives and killing people, and how vaccines put an end to that.

Older people remember when vaccines eradicated smallpox and TB.

My parents impressed all that on me when I was growing up in the '70s and '80s. 

People who just turned 23 have had a completely different experience with the word vaccine.

Vaccines didn't come along to save their lives, and they weren't glad to take them. They were forced to take fake vaccines that they wouldn't have needed even if they were real. That's their life experience. Same planet, completely different experience with "vaccines". The word means a completely different thing to young people than it meant to us.

In 1970, vaccines were like a gift from God. People were thrilled to take them. 

In 2024, vaccines were snake oil that was inflicted on you by an authoritarian government. You might not see it that way, but I hope that you can understand why other people do. 

Perception is not reality. If people stop taking vaccines, let me assure you these plagues will reappear.  

And what about HPV vaccines? They have the potential to virtually eliminate cervical cancer and its precursors which are a significant threat to the health of young women right now. 

BTW vaccination played a modest role in the 20’th century decline of TB. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

So what are the dangers of these childhood vaccines? What is the risk of death or serious illness per million vaccinated? And how does that compare to the risk of not being vaccinated? 

Actually an interesting question. The first part is pretty easy - the us has a center just to process vaccine harm claims.

But the second part is where you're going to run into a bit of a challenge. Lets take polio for fun - There's been no deaths or paralytic incidents in the last 20 years as far as i can see. But there HAS been a number of serious harm cases from the vaccine. In fact the rate of paralysis or death from the vaccine is about 3 per million doses given i believe.

So - looking at the stats straight up it would seem the risk from vaccine right now is VASTLY higher than from polio itself. You've got roughly a 1 in 333 thousand chance if take the vaccine - NO chance if you don't because nobody gets polio

And you have to take 4 doses over time  so that means your actual chances are about 83,250.  Better than winning the lotto. Ever bought a lotto ticket?

Now you're going to say 'but the reason we have zero is because people take the vaccine." 

Well - true but a percent would take it by choice. In fact it's not manditory federally in the states and not everyone takes it, So - how many would have to refuse it before it started to become prevelant again - and is that level below the number of people who will willingly take it?

So what we know is that it doesn't require 100 percent at all to provide the protections we want.

So - while you may say that someone is being a greedy effer who's taking advantage of other people who do the 'right thing' to benefit society - you can't claim at this point that they're increasing the risk to anyone else by not taking it. They are definitely decreasing the risk themselves.

Edited by CdnFox