Were the church fathers Catholic?

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Pardon me.  I just realized you are opposed to any other information or sources.  But why do you accept cathechism or church teaching over the Bible then?  You reject anything I say but claim you have sources other than the Bible that are infallible.  That is seriously questionable.

No I'm not YOU are, yet here you are claiming I can research them in other sources. You protestants read other sources all the time! 

Do you actually know what the cathecism is or do you only know what others tell you it is?  It's most like.thr latter and not the former. Explain to me what the cathecism is. 

I have peace with God because of what Jesus did for me.  I am receiving radiation treatment daily for prostate cancer and my heart is only functioning at 50% of a normal heart due to heart damage in a heart attack.  I take lots of pills.  I am ready when God calls me.  He died for me and shed his blood on the cross.  I heard the gospel 43 years ago and asked Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior.  The Bible says all who call upon the Lord shall be saved.  I believe he saved me. That is good enough for me. I believe he died for me and was raised from the dead and now is seated at the right hand of God interceding for me.  That is my brief testimony.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I have to admit, I am perhaps not qualified to take on a radical Papist like yourself.  I am a simple believer in Jesus Christ and his word, the Holy Bible.  It is between you and God to sort out what you believe.  I have tried, but you seem pretty close-minded. I give you verses but you just dismiss them.  I don't see much more I can do at this moment in time.  Maybe later I might have something to say, but I must bow out.  We are just going around in circles I think.  Will let it go for now.

If I'm a "radical papist" then I guess you're a rabid heretic. See how easy that is? Your lack of respect speaks volumes about how far you have strayed. You're not a simple believer in Jesus Christ and his word. What you believe is only 500 years old. Scripture says nothing near what you claim it says. You've been trained to use rote repetition of Scripture without actual knowledge and sadly that tactic is effective with too many Catholics. I'm not one of the too many Catholics. This happens every time you protestants can't bully your way through the discussion, you bail. I dont blame you. You should bail because facing the truth will be VERY difficult for you. YOU go around in circles because that's the result of repetition. I'll be here if you ever want to hear more of the truth. 

But work on this, where does Scripture say which books should be in the bible?  

Edited by Yakuda

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I am receiving radiation treatment daily for prostate cancer and my heart is only functioning at 50% of a normal heart due to heart damage in a heart attack.

Sorry to hear about your health issues.  With the doctors’ help, I hope you’ll be around for decades to come!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have peace with God because of what Jesus did for me.  I am receiving radiation treatment daily for prostate cancer and my heart is only functioning at 50% of a normal heart due to heart damage in a heart attack.  I take lots of pills.  I am ready when God calls me.  He died for me and shed his blood on the cross.  I heard the gospel 43 years ago and asked Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior.  The Bible says all who call upon the Lord shall be saved.  I believe he saved me. That is good enough for me. I believe he died for me and was raised from the dead and now is seated at the right hand of God interceding for me.  That is my brief testimony.

I'm sorry to hear about the medical issues you're facing. The bible also says, "Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my heavenly father". Matthew 7:21. It is good enough for you but his it good enough for him? 

Edited by Yakuda