Is he about to step down? The PM today announced a Cabinet retreat in Montréal, January 21 to 23, 2024.

https://www.pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2024/01/16/prime-minister-hold-cabinet-retreat-focus-continuing-support-middle

Ohhhh here we go. They just had one in the fall last year.  And to address the same issues exactly.

It was reported at the time there was much rumbling  but he calmed them down....  i suspect that the rumbling is now a roar. They gave him a chance to turn things around and it got worse.  I bet good money they're going to be calling for his head this time.

Will he finally cave and step down? This is really the last chance - they are very quickly running out of time to have a leadership race and put a new person in.

I really want justin to face justice next election. But i'm about 80 percent convinced that this is going to be the end for him unless he can do some very fast talking and give the libs SOME reason to believe he can turn the ship around.

The ONLY thing he's got in his favour is 'If not him then who?"

I don't know about that but I did find it curious how he warned that Americans basically shouldn't vote for Donald Trump the other day. He was careful to try and not say anything that might offend Trump before. When I heard that I wondered if he thought he wouldn't be in office when and if Trump took over again.

1 hour ago, Legato said:

I would suggest the enemy within.

That might just be the burrito he warmed up in the microwave for lunch.  Nobody wants to cook for him anymore and he's never been good with instructions.

As to his enemies i doubt the list is short. But he HAS to be feeling increasing pressure every day from his caucus given the polls. 

i suspect they gave him a bit of an ultimatum at the last retreat in fall last year - "we'll give you a chance to right the ship but if you can't pull it off, then you need to rethink your leadership next january while we still have time for a leadership race".

He has tried very hard to have his time in office mirror his father -right down to being the only one to declare the war measures/emergency act.  It would not surprise me if he decided to "take a walk in the snow" and bow out.

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I don't know about that but I did find it curious how he warned that Americans basically shouldn't vote for Donald Trump the other day. He was careful to try and not say anything that might offend Trump before. When I heard that I wondered if he thought he wouldn't be in office when and if Trump took over again.

Well that's a good point. Tho he might just have been testing the waters to see if voters jumped up and said "yes trudeau save us from the evil conservatives and trump!" , He hasn't got much to run on and he's brought up trump a few times now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, August1991 said:

His smart father had a huge ego. His stupid mother also had a huge ego.

Resign? I'd be surprised.

It is going to take more than 4 years for Canadians to forget what he has done and what little he has done for this country crises after crisis... he has failed time after time. 

It is not a huge ego,i think he was grown up as a spoiled brat, and that entitlement has continued throughout his life...He really is not very smart in government affairs, but he is an expert in lying, cheating, and bending the narrative which Canadians seem to crave, like crack to a druggie...

I Think the damage is already done for the liberals, and whom ever replaces Justin, is going to wear it, Ya they may gain a few points in the polls, but the liberals regardless of who they are are done...and i think they all know that...and if i was a liberal MP i'd would keeping my name out of the hat until after the next election. 

34 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I Think the damage is already done for the liberals, and whom ever replaces Justin, is going to wear it, Ya they may gain a few points in the polls, but the liberals regardless of who they are are done...and i think they all know that...and if i was a liberal MP i'd would keeping my name out of the hat until after the next election. 

I think that's the only reason that they're not in full on caucus revolt. Kim Campbell proved that change isn't always a good solution. If they get rid of him who's going to be stupid enough to run?  It's going to be hard enough to find someone after they lose the next election and have 4 years to try to get people to forget or for pp to screw up, but if he goes now whomever tries to take over is likely to get slaughtered.