Irredentism and Galicia

August1991

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

I reckon that we North Americans will soon hear these terms.

I reckon that we absolutely will not. 

Your obsession with Galicia is weird, because it's clear you don't actually know much about Galicia or the area around it. You liken it to some sort of multi-cultural utopia when in reality it was subjugated and oppressed, unstable and destitute.  

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

The Intellectual Leftists will soon use the word "irrenditists".

I don't think anyone uses this word anywhere, nor should they.  

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

IMO, it's the Ukrainians who are the "irrenditists".

Because the Ukrainians invaded Russia and are annexing their territory?  😑

Edited by Moonbox

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Why yes. They did invade, attack and kill. They had very little in the way of resistance...until Russia leveled the playing field. Now they're fcked. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

No, that's only in clownworld bud.  The borders of Ukraine were drawn in the 90's.  

I see. 

As you read the following timeline, know that the people who seized power in Donbas,  were Ukrainian citizens, who were labeled terrorists and attacked by the Ukrainian military.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_war_in_Donbas_(2014)

This confrontation had been brewing for a very long time. Those borders you wave about meant very little to the residents of Donbas. This separatist movement there has been going on since the early 1900s.

Yet with only what the likes of CNN and Zelinsky's media tell you, you think you know what you're babbling about. You have no idea...neither of us do in reality.

However...that this pool of quicksand is something anyone in NATO should be involved in, is nothing short of stupid and obviously an attempt to literally buy Ukraine. The cost...the male population of western Ukraine. 

Edited by Nationalist

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

As you read the following timeline, know that the people who seized power in Donbas,  were Ukrainian citizens, who were labeled terrorists and attacked by the Ukrainian military.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_war_in_Donbas_(2014)

From your own link:

7 April: At 3:30 am, a group of pro-Russian activists stormed the SBU offices in Donetsk and Luhansk.[1] They did not make any clear demands.

and

12 April: Fifty two armed militants led by Igor Girkin (retired colonel of Russia's intelligence FSB) attacked the executive committee building, the police department, and the Security Service of Ukraine offices in Sloviansk.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yet with only what the likes of CNN and Zelinsky's media tell you, you think you know what you're babbling about. You have no idea...neither of us do in reality.

Neither of us have a clear picture, you're absolutely right.  With every link you post, however, you do a better and better job of proving that you aren't just ignorant on the topic, but clownishly deluded.  As you talk about Ukraine somehow invading Russia, you post a link highlighting how Russian intelligence agents were leading armed militants in the Donbas all the way back in 2014.  

47 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

From your own link:

7 April: At 3:30 am, a group of pro-Russian activists stormed the SBU offices in Donetsk and Luhansk.[1] They did not make any clear demands.

and

12 April: Fifty two armed militants led by Igor Girkin (retired colonel of Russia's intelligence FSB) attacked the executive committee building, the police department, and the Security Service of Ukraine offices in Sloviansk.

Neither of us have a clear picture, you're absolutely right.  With every link you post, however, you do a better and better job of proving that you aren't just ignorant on the topic, but clownishly deluded.  As you talk about Ukraine somehow invading Russia, you post a link highlighting how Russian intelligence agents were leading armed militants in the Donbas all the way back in 2014.  

Did I say Ukraine invaded Russia? Tsk...you just can't stop lying can ya.

'Ukraine will take all of their territory back.'

Lol...you should pick a new hobby. Geo-political discussion is just...out of your reach.

Edited by Nationalist

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Di I say Ukraine invaded Russia? Tsk...you just can't stop lying can ya.

Somehow you continuously manage to defy all probabilities and prove you're even dumber than we already knew:

image.thumb.png.baabd13e6a785b3023de4c5759c6775c.png

At this point, I'm not really even surprised by it anymore.  🤣

Edited by Moonbox

17 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Somehow you continuously manage to defy all probabilities and prove you're even dumber than we already knew:

image.thumb.png.baabd13e6a785b3023de4c5759c6775c.png

At this point, I'm not really even surprised by it anymore.  🤣

Hilarious. You must be as dumb as robo-dweeb or the Beave. Perhaps even dumber. 

You're an honourless liar and habitual loser. I hope you have a dog who may look up to you, because on the human scale, you fail bad.

'OH Ukraine will beat Russia back and take back all of the east including crimea'

Lol...it must suck to be you...

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Hilarious.

Yeah, it is hilarious.  You say so many dumb things that you can't even keep it all straight.  Here you are once again telling us you didn't say something, when you can literally scroll up a few posts on the same page saying exactly that.  Whoopsie, you embarrassed yourself again.  🤡

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah, it is hilarious.  You say so many dumb things that you can't even keep it all straight.  Here you are once again telling us you didn't say something, when you can literally scroll up a few posts on the same page saying exactly that.  Whoopsie, you embarrassed yourself again.  🤡

Lol...it must really suck to be you.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2023 at 10:23 AM, Moonbox said:

I reckon that we absolutely will not. 

Your obsession with Galicia is weird, because it's clear you don't actually know much about Galicia or the area around it. You liken it to some sort of multi-cultural utopia when in reality it was subjugated and oppressed, unstable and destitute.  

I don't think anyone uses this word anywhere, nor should they.  

Some people now use the word "Palestine".

Other people use the word "Ukraine".

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Some people now use the word "Palestine".

Most people use the word Palestine.  It goes with "Palestinian", and has been used for decades or more.  

Other people use the word "Ukraine".

Everyone uses the word Ukraine, and the word's been in use for hundreds of years.  

This horrific current civil war in Eastern Europe could have been avoided.

Not a civil war - an invasion.  Ukraine was independent, recognized by Russia in 1991.  The word I think you were looking for when you typed out this goof thread was "revisionist", because that's the sort of history you seem to ascribe to in all of your befuddled musings.   🙄

18 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Most people use the word Palestine.  It goes with "Palestinian", and has been used for decades or more.  

Everyone uses the word Ukraine, and the word's been in use for hundreds of years.  

Not a civil war - an invasion.  Ukraine was independent, recognized by Russia in 1991.  The word I think you were looking for when you typed out this goof thread was "revisionist", because that's the sort of history you seem to ascribe to in all of your befuddled musings.   🙄

The words "Ukraine" and "Israel" are recent. Trust me. I know well how the word "Québec"  has been used

Heck, we Canadians changed our flag.

48 minutes ago, August1991 said:

The words "Ukraine" and "Israel" are recent. Trust me. I know well how the word "Québec"  has been used

First off, Ukrainians have been calling themselves Ukrainians for centuries, prior to, during and after the Russian yoke.   Israel has been called Israel since the 40's.  For someone who has so many thoughts to share on these topics, it's shocking how little you've researched any of them.  

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

First off, Ukrainians have been calling themselves Ukrainians for centuries, prior to, during and after the Russian yoke.   Israel has been called Israel since the 40's.  For someone who has so many thoughts to share on these topics, it's shocking how little you've researched any of them.  

I disagree strongly. I suggest rather that you examine the slavic origin of Ukraine.

What is Polish - in slavic languages?

We call them Germans. Spaniards call them Tedesco. Slavs call them people without language. They have yet another name - Dutch.

===

Ever heard of Ruthenia?

==========

All things considered, I'm with Pierre Trudeau and Theodore Roosevelt- we are Canadians.

We live in a federal state with two official languages.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

I disagree strongly. I suggest rather that you examine the slavic origin of Ukraine.

What is Polish - in slavic languages?

We call them Germans. Spaniards call them Tedesco. Slavs call them people without language. They have yet another name - Dutch.

===

Ever heard of Ruthenia?

==========

All things considered, I'm with Pierre Trudeau and Theodore Roosevelt- we are Canadians.

We live in a federal state with two official languages.

It's OK. Moonbat is a bit of a simpleton. If you really wanna mess with his mind...

Ask him why Ukraine is thus named.

15 hours ago, August1991 said:

Disagreeing with recorded historical fact doesn't make it any less factual.  They have records referring to "Ukraine" going back to <1200 AD, and the people living in the area called themselves Ukrainian before, during and after Russian subjugation.  I suggest you actually research and read about these topics before you start these goofy threads, because you're lobbing out opinions on topics you obviously don't know much about.  🤷‍♂️ 

On 12/31/2023 at 5:07 PM, Moonbox said:

Disagreeing with recorded historical fact doesn't make it any less factual.  They have records referring to "Ukraine" going back to <1200 AD, and the people living in the area called themselves Ukrainian before, during and after Russian subjugation.  I suggest you actually research and read about these topics before you start these goofy threads, because you're lobbing out opinions on topics you obviously don't know much about.  🤷‍♂️ 

I worked with people like you in our federal government - Ukrainian origin.

You remind me of some francophone bilingual people - de service.