Canadian Powerlifting Union is set to suspend female bodybuilder April Hutchinson for two years, after she slammed transgender rival who's smashed records and bragged about it

CdnFox

1 hour ago, Nexii said:

A large part of this is because of past discrimination

No past discrimination explains, justifies or necessitates bullsh*t nonsense. It's just bullsh*t, nonsense. And it it works really bad on the psyche of population that learns to live in the atmosphere of obvious bull, instead of cutting it out firmly and immediately.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nexii said:

There are only two kinds of people who care so much about LGBT issues in 2023.

1) Religious nuts, who mostly want to keep to themselves

2) Closeted and/or damaged LGBT people, who end up being crazy activists or anti-activists

You are in camp #2. The majority of trans would not agree with competing in sports universally. It's only the minority, who are the most vocal who get the attention

There are only one kind of person who makes that argument. Dishonest liars.

When your kind starts preying on women and others and ruining their lives for your own benefit  and then demands that its' your RIGHT to do so - you become everybody's problem. 

Nexii seems like a reasonable person and I understand the desire and need to protect trans people from mistreatment.  The issue is that there must be limits to how far trans people are accommodated or else other longstanding rights that have a firm biological basis are undermined.  It means that if someone formally requests to be called a different name and pronouns from biological ones, people can respect that, but it also means that trans people must be known as such and cannot participate in competitive sports for their pretended gender, nor should they be allowed to use the pretended gender washroom.  Men will have to accept trans women (biological men) in their washrooms and change rooms. Similarly, women will have to accept trans men (biological women) in their washrooms and change rooms.  Most facilities have single use restrooms anyway.

Only in highly exceptional cases such as hermaphroditism can I see it being acceptable for children to have gender assignment surgery, but unless the surgery reinforces biological gender, it shouldn’t be allowed for children. Children are changing hormonally and adjusting until their mid-teens, at least.  I don’t know what that arbitrary age line is, 18, 17, or 16, but I think doing it any younger than that is recklessly irresponsible except in highly exceptional circumstances, as stated earlier.

Legal name changes for kids must always go through parents.  Nicknames for kids are no big deal, with or without parent knowledge, I think.  Changing gender pronouns for kids should involve parents unless abuse seems plausible.  Really this is all obvious.

Organizations like Egale that ignore the mental health component and often transitory nature of dysphoria are creating risks for kids.  They refer to some statistics about depression and suicide that are contestable, but they get a lot of tax dollars to champion a cause that isn’t even necessarily in the interests of trans people or LGB.

The public has good reason to push back against gender and sexuality education that may be at odds with parents’ values and biology.  The “Pride Flag” that lumps many groups together as though they are the same and as though everyone in these groups agrees politically should not be forced on schools or classrooms.  People must be free to express their disagreement, because not everyone agrees with certain lifestyles and identities, even if certain rights have protections.  Again, there are many rights at play.

You can be trans and you can be someone who doesn’t believe it’s right to be trans.  Both people can exist in the same circles and have certain boundaries respected.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You can be trans and you can be someone who doesn’t believe it’s right to be trans.  Both people can exist in the same circles and have certain boundaries respected.  

It's theoretically possible but honestly - look at the response.  They have literally destroyed this womans life  and Nexii still wants to insist that this is just people not liking queer folk or that it's entirely fair this be allowed.

For there to be any co existance this nonsense of demanding everything always be their way and anyone who disagrees should be destroyed and is a 'bigot' has to end - and i doubt it will.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It's theoretically possible but honestly - look at the response.  They have literally destroyed this womans life  and Nexii still wants to insist that this is just people not liking queer folk or that it's entirely fair this be allowed.

For there to be any co existance this nonsense of demanding everything always be their way and anyone who disagrees should be destroyed and is a 'bigot' has to end - and i doubt it will.

Well if reasonable accommodation and boundaries can’t work, we will instead get a massive backlash, as people wake up to the fact that children are increasingly confused and the family unit feels under attack.  In that case we get the zero-sum game.  If it comes down to scaling back trans rights or my kids’ rights to be treated like boys and girls, referred to as such, with their sports and privacy protected, and the values of parents respected, the trans rights will have to go.  There’s room for some compromise, but no, I’m not letting anyone come for my kids, as some trans activists proclaim they are intent on doing.

Edited by Zeitgeist

Don't know if this has been posed before....

President of Canada's powerlifting body has resigned less than a week after suspending a female athlete for criticizing a record-breaking transgender rival.

Shane Martin, Canadian Powerlifting Union (CPU) president, submitted his letter of resignation on Sunday, November 12.

'This position has become something I no longer recognize and I am not the one to lead this organization,' he said in his resignation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12759245/President-Canadian-Powerlifting-Union-resigns-transgender-controversy.html

• Like 1

Resigning from participation in the insane act is one option; but a sane and vigorous society has to find a way to stop it; stop it from propagating and taking over. Never, ever in the long, long history periods of collective insanity have led to any good ends. We had God-inspired collective insanities, any number of episodes and look.

This is what collective insanity is, by the way. Can it be confirmed? If so, there can be only one word for it: insane. Nonsense. Bizarre nonsensical bullshit. Wow. Yes, we can?

"Anne Andres can compete in women’s powerlifting competitions since the gender self-identification policy is in effect. This allows athletes to take part in competitions based on their preferred gender alone and without requiring them to submit information about their hormones or medical transitions."

If so, this so called "record" is meaningless. Canadian federation, and possibly, by association, the sport itself is a joke. The only logical outcome here.

Edited by myata

7 hours ago, Legato said:

President of Canada's powerlifting body has resigned less than a week after suspending a female athlete for criticizing a record-breaking transgender rival.

To me, thats just outright cowardice. I would rather be forced to resign by resisting the pressure, than by caving into it and running away with my tail between my legs.

Shameful. I despise cowards.

But that's exactly the issue. It takes someone with nothing to lose, to face such activists. They are one of the loudest, but even more, one with heavy handed representation in places where they can now pull strings, socially. Meaning punishment would be swift and heavily damaging as few businesses want to be associated with bigotry, or in this case--what you would be labeled as, in pushing back against an unethical agenda vs actual discrimination.

I have absolutely nothing to lose, which is why I post the way that I do. I couldn't care less if my employer found out about my stance.

What's the worst they can do? 

Terminate me?

Great. Thanks for the heavy handed severance package. If anything this would amplify my voice tenfold. I was quiet (socially), now I lost my job. I am moving to the US and starting a YouTube channel!

Most of us don't want the drama, but the beauty is now that this biological woman got the tail end of it, she is in a position where she can be even more free with her words.

Good on her.