There is no market for electric cars. Ford just learned the hard way.

And FORD represents the FREE MARKET.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ford-loses-billions-on-electric-cars-embraces-hybrids?fbclid=IwAR3Pc83gmqVH4mggSneZXYpIiKfk7juAndWlll9iShfssiN7DvNoiz1Tgwk

Ford Loses Billions On Electric Cars, Embraces Hybrids

Ford Motor Company expects to lose a whopping $4.5 billion from its electric vehicles (EVs) this year, the company said in its second-quarter earnings report released Thursday.

The Michigan-based automaker said its all-electric vehicle division, called “Ford Model e,” has already lost more than $2.8 billion in the first two quarters of this year, including $1.8 billion in the second quarter alone or about $32,000 for every EV Ford has sold.

Ford said the loss reflects the “pricing environment, disciplined investments in new products and capacity, and other costs.” The car company struggled to compete with Tesla, which lowered prices for its electric models earlier this year.

Back in March, Ford expected to lose only about $3 billion from electric vehicles this year, but the company bumped that projection up to $4.5 billion last week.

The disappointing numbers come after Ford made a big push for electric vehicles last year.

What is it people do not like about electric cars? (Intelligent people, not the extra chromosome idi0ts here who don't know anything)?

Let me count the ways of stupidity.

1. Ford is advertising a government bailout.  https://www.ford.com/electric/

Potential Federal Tax Credits*

Ford electric vehicles (EV) and plug-in hybrid EVs (PHEV) with MSRPs of $80,000 or less are currently eligible for federal tax credits. See vehicle pages for details.
Tell us again why you need tax credits if you think your vehicle is good enough to sell.

2. COST of the Ford Electric versus internal combustion.
or

That's a difference of 22,000 dollars.

3. Cost to replace an Electric Car Battery.

From $2000 to $20,000. Wonder how many working class people could afford to just pull twenty thousand out of their ass when their car dies?

Maybe in 60 to 100 years there will be a market and technology will catch up. Today, the electric car is just a left wing trust fund baby's toy.

I don't think that EVs are what their owners were hoping for.

I was a huge proponent of Saturn's EV1 back in the day, and of Tesla, but knowledge of where the battery components come from, who profits from mining those materials, how the miners of those materials are treated, the prohibitive battery replacement costs, their dismal performance in winter conditions, and the problems with their batteries at the end of their life-cycle, I don't think that EVs are a smart purchase at all right now.

I do hope that there's a realistic alternative to internal combustion engines soon, but I don't think that EVs are it.

It makes a lot of sense for e-bikes to become more popular, maybe more and more lanes should be devoted to bikes.

Maybe the idea that hundreds of millions of people need to ride hundreds of kilometers a day in their own 3,000-lb cocoon is becoming passé.

I personally bought a hybrid because electric rates are so high in San Diego.

I will buy an EV when the battery technology improves so they are not so expensive and last longer.

That said, Teslas are VERY POPULAR here. Amazed how many I see on the road all the time.

Ford was late to the party and is paying the price. ?

How about a market then for electric skateboards? For surely as the atmosphere continues to accelerate in degrading, one will no longer be able to drive cars at all that run on internal combustion engines as they require a certain level of continuous available oxygen to continue to run, who would drive a car if it only could run a few blocks before it gasped to a stop and you had to push it for a few blocks to air it could start and run in again? 

18 hours ago, Rebound said:

Maybe it’s because Ford builds really bad EV’s that nobody wants to buy. Have you seen their electric Mustang? It doesn’t look like a Mustang at all.  It’s just plain ugly. 

Electric Cars aren't selling because (a) they are too inefficient and (b) they cost too much money. It has nothing to do with how the car looks.

Elon Musk builds the only electric cars worth considering, and they are WAY out of the price range of Joe Lunchbucket.

And ALL Electric Cars are POWERED BY FOSSIL FUELS.

26 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Once this is fixed, along with battery technology, only then could this technology expect to truly take off.

Just remember, the first internal combustion automobiles were nothing to cheer for. All technology takes time. Computers used to fill entire rooms and cost millions. The first hand held calculator cost $80 and would do only addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

We now have cell phones that are more powerful than that entire list, at a fraction of the cost.

Anything is possible. Just takes time.

48 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Electric Cars aren't selling because (a) they are too inefficient and (b) they cost too much money. It has nothing to do with how the car looks.

Elon Musk builds the only electric cars worth considering, and they are WAY out of the price range of Joe Lunchbucket.

And ALL Electric Cars are POWERED BY FOSSIL FUELS.

MANY electric cars are powered by HOME SOLAR and wind turbines, so STOP LYING.