Cities with the highest percentage living at or below poverty

https://www.statista.com/statistics/205637/percentage-of-poor-people-in-the-top-20-most-populated-cities-in-the-us/

A few takeaways.. San Francisco is not the number one. Second, I would think Miami would be on the list being as it is quite populated. Still.. interesting data that when taken in context tells you something about the cities. Having lived in a very, very small town in Idaho.. in small towns everybody is on roughly the same economic plane. Restaurant, retail, ranching, farming are not industries where one gets rich and those are the standard industries in small town USA (at least it is in ID, NV, MT, and WY). 

27 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Don't believe the numbers of any city in Califagula. They don't count illegal aliens, and those animals live on the streets, dealing drugs, committing violent crime and engaging in child trafficking.

We already know you don't believe in numbers.

31 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Don't believe the numbers of any city in Califagula. They don't count illegal aliens, and those animals live on the streets, dealing drugs, committing violent crime and engaging in child trafficking.

Well then this is your chance to produce better, objective numbers on this topic. Now, no opinions, name calling, or rhetoric. Lets see you produce a data set on this... repeat data set. Not a diatribe about how you hate the state of CA and everyone in it. 

1 minute ago, reason10 said:

I believe numbers from reliable sources. We already know you don't.

How do you know its not reliable? Do you know the actual methodology? Lets see something other than name calling from you. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Well then this is your chance to produce better, objective numbers on this topic. Now, no opinions, name calling, or rhetoric. Lets see you produce a data set on this... repeat data set. Not a diatribe about how you hate the state of CA and everyone in it. 

How do you know its not reliable? Do you know the actual methodology? Lets see something other than name calling from you. 

Statista has been caught in lies before.

And frankly, the presence of illegal aliens (that the state of CaliFAGula ignores) makes any statistical calculation anything but accurate.

It is safer to assume that Blue cities are going to have more violent crime because liberals are elitist idi0ts who do not care about the average middle class taxpayer.

1 minute ago, reason10 said:

Statista has been caught in lies before.

And frankly, the presence of illegal aliens (that the state of CaliFAGula ignores) makes any statistical calculation anything but accurate.

It is safer to assume that Blue cities are going to have more violent crime because liberals are elitist idi0ts who do not care about the average middle class taxpayer.

Well.. instead of simply taking shots, lets see you produce better numbers. Now.. no cheating and simply cherry picking stuff off the internet. Lets you produce a data set that uses a verifiable objective methodology. 

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/interactives/u-s-unauthorized-immigrants-by-state/

If FL is such a perfect place... why does it have 775,000 illegal immigrants. Oh but this source can't be trusted because it does not say what a certain someone wants to hear.

Nobody said Florida was a perfect place. It can be a million times better than any blue state and still be a shithole.

In fact, we WANT you ignorant blue staters to  believe Florida is a shithole. We don't want your dumb a$es down here voting blue and screwing this place up.

And as far as the illegal aliens are going, MAKE UP YOUR MIND. We're trying to ship those animals out of here as fast as we can, and you limp wristed fgs continue to complain.

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Well.. instead of simply taking shots, lets see you produce better numbers. Now.. no cheating and simply cherry picking stuff off the internet. Lets you produce a data set that uses a verifiable objective methodology. 

If FoxNews presents the numbers, (or Heritage, or National Review) they'll be credible.

4 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Nobody said Florida was a perfect place. It can be a million times better than any blue state and still be a shithole.

In fact, we WANT you ignorant blue staters to  believe Florida is a shithole. We don't want your dumb a$es down here voting blue and screwing this place up.

And as far as the illegal aliens are going, MAKE UP YOUR MIND. We're trying to ship those animals out of here as fast as we can, and you limp wristed fgs continue to complain.

If FoxNews presents the numbers, (or Heritage, or National Review) they'll be credible.

And you think FOXNEWS does not just redistribute stuff that comes from the Census? Oh.. get this, Statista does the same. They get their data from the Census... Hmmm.. so it seems as if a republican says 2+2 = 4.. it is untouchable gospel but anybody else says 2 + 2 = 4... it is a lie. 

As for my moving to FL, no chance. It is not about politics. It is climate. I do not like humidity, bugs, and inclement weather. 

Edited by impartialobserver

Just now, impartialobserver said:

And you think FOXNEWS does not just redistribute stuff that comes from the Census? Oh.. get this, Statista does the same. They get their data from the Census... Hmmm.. so it seems as if a republican says 2+2 = 4.. it is untouchable gospel but anybody else says 2 + 2 = 4... it is a lie. 

I didn't say Fox was perfect. But it is more reliable than ANY of the sources you leftdick wingers from THE VIEW are spewing here. Fox gives equal time to all sides of every issue. Fox is credible. Your left wing sources are usually not.

In any case, the worst cities ACCORDING TO STATISTA are still in blue states. And they are BLUE CITIES.

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I didn't say Fox was perfect. But it is more reliable than ANY of the sources you leftdick wingers from THE VIEW are spewing here. Fox gives equal time to all sides of every issue. Fox is credible. Your left wing sources are usually not.

In any case, the worst cities ACCORDING TO STATISTA are still in blue states. And they are BLUE CITIES.

Going off into left field again... So the point is that FOX NEWS does not do the primary research. They get their data from the Census, BEA, BLS, etc... much like Statista does. I hate to tell you but the raw data is not red or blue/conservative or liberal. 

• Like 1

Nine of the top 25 are in Texas, including #2 and #3. California only has four and only one in the top 10 at #7.

Edited by Aristides

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I don’t think America’s problems can be segregated on blue state/red state basis. 

But with politicos and the intellectual lazy.. you have to keep it simple. Two choices. One all bad and one all good. No room for context, nuance, or reality. This makes it simple for them to comprehend... for us or against us. 

• Like 1

I live in California, I also was homeless for some time, thus I can bring a unique perspective to this question and the erroneous statement of reason10 regarding who in our population here lives on the streets and how we/they got there, I also now contribute to and assist a charity  (tendertouchministries.org) that deals entirely with California homeless. First most homeless in California dud not get there through their own fault, generally its because something happens that they have no control over that loses them their roof and/or vehicle. From there their job is next to go, then a safe place to sleep, then food becomes a problem, then crime...but not crimes they commit because 88% of them are still trying to make it back to their old lives and have no time for crime. They hand together for safety against what are I known as " the professional homeless" , the ones who gladly take everything they can get from the government but they don't come off the streets except for those handouts and go right back out there to get more, in their off time, they steal, they do drugs, they assault others, they exploit, they graft, they con, they sell snake oil to unsuspecting rubes who think they have found a miracle answer to their financial dreams. The real homeless don't have time for that. They are too busy working the jobs you would never do, living on the paltry food stamps and general relief checks so they can keep pulling on their own bootstraps to get back to a better life. They attend education classes, they work many community clean up hours, they find a way to a new place to live. A lot are children, they go to school while their parents build better lives.  In my case, I graduated from a top ten university, disabled in military service, returned home and worked myself into a top paying expert level position, then lost it all in the Countrywide Mortgage Scandal which hit a lot of veterans pretty hard, scammed out of our homes by Big Conservative Banks , worked my way back up again, then The Great Recession ( caused again by Conservative Big Banks), and again on the streets in my car. Worked myself back up again, you know why? Because I don't give up and neither do 90% of the homeless, its the other ten percent, the crooks, the con men, the grifters, the scammers who run phony businesses that defraud the public and suck them dry of their hard earned money supporting a flake and con man, that's who you need to worry about, the Conservative who thinks he knows best how to run this country but treats it like his personal piggy bank.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that California plays games with the unemployed numbers. I was recently in the SF Bay area and can tell you that while the towns and suburbs look nice, SF and Oakland are sewers.

As soon as the sun goes down, all the nut cases come out. During the day, they're in their tents along the commuter train way. It was gross to see.

Be that as it is...not surprised to see Philly head of the pack.

22 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I have no doubt that California plays games with the unemployed numbers. I was recently in the SF Bay area and can tell you that while the towns and suburbs look nice, SF and Oakland are sewers.

As soon as the sun goes down, all the nut cases come out. During the day, they're in their tents along the commuter train way. It was gross to see.

Be that as it is...not surprised to see Philly head of the pack.

Can you give us exact, technical, provable details about how they play with the unemployment numbers? No opinions, no links, no rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Can you give us exact, technical, provable details about how they play with the unemployment numbers? No opinions, no links, no rhetoric. 

I gave my opinion and am not going to research this for you. Do it yourself.