Jump to content

Canadian Defence News


Recommended Posts

Apparently the F-35 still has the bay for a refuelling probe but it was considered cheaper to add booms to a few existing tankers than install probes on the entire F-35A fleet. As the CC-150's are being replaced it seems sensible to have the replacements equipped with booms. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

No one is saying they are converted airliners, they are based on an airliner. Purpose built freighters don't have windows. A purpose built B747 freighter won't have windows on the main deck, converted aircraft will have blanked out windows. Still the same airframe. 

point being that the P-8 is a dedicated combat aircraft

which cannot be owned & operated by civilians

A330MRTT on the other hand is not a combat aircraft and could be contracted out to civil aviation

furthermore, the bulk of Canada's air refuelling has been provided by allies for decades

so air tanking is not and never has been a core RCAF capability

when you have a government which is as ludicrously dysfunctional as Canada's

you are hard pressed to generate any combat power at all

so spending billions on a non combat aircraft which is not core capability

is typical of how Canada's wastes it's modest defence budget on overhead

resulting in poorly equipped Canadian soldiers being sent to their deaths in the forlorn hope

when Canada deploys them to some "Peacekeeping" mission which actually turns out to be a war

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

point being that the P-8 is a dedicated combat aircraft

which cannot be owned & operated by civilians

A330MRTT on the other hand is not a combat aircraft and could be contracted out to civil aviation

furthermore, the bulk of Canada's air refuelling has been provided by allies for decades

so air tanking is not and never has been a core RCAF capability

when you have a government which is as ludicrously dysfunctional as Canada's

you are hard pressed to generate any combat power at all

so spending billions on a non combat aircraft which is not core capability

is typical of how Canada's wastes it's modest defence budget on overhead

resulting in poorly equipped Canadian soldiers being sent to their deaths in the forlorn hope

when Canada deploys them to some "Peacekeeping" mission which actually turns out to be a war

Because the aircraft has a different purpose. The P8 is a combat aircraft with sophisticated surveillance and weapons systems, transports and tankers are not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Because the aircraft has a different purpose. The P8 is a combat aircraft with sophisticated surveillance and weapons systems, transports and tankers are not.

again, this is part of the pathology of Canada, the Canadian Disease

the RCAF is not an expeditionary force, it does not actually function as an air force

Canadian troops invariably rely on allied air forces for support in theatre

thus spending billions upon billions on the useless for war "Air Command" is throwing good money after bad

Canada should massively scale back its delusional military aspirations

the bulk of the military should be the Militia, with a small Regular Force

the navy & air force should be scaled down, like in Ireland or New Zealand

 

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't know that we need nine but  you would think that if anyone needed inflight refuelling capability it would be one the size of Canada. Particularly if we want our F-35's to operate without having to carry external fuel.

the F-35 carries as much internal fuel ( 18,500 lbs ) as a 4th gen fighter with three external tanks

however, since America actually defends the Continent to include Canada

there is no requirement for F-35's never mind tankers to refuel them

like New Zealand, Canada could very easily operate without any fighters at all

the Army does the fighting for Canada, the CF is an expeditionary infantry force

stop starving the Army of resources to pay for Justin Trudeau's flying limousine service

cannot simply does not need an Air Force One

nor can Canada actually afford one, considering how much Canada pays for overhead

a330-mrtt-canada-canadian-2.png

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

non military surveillance tasks fall under the mandate of Transport Canada

National Aerial Surveillance Program

DSC_0004-edit-1024x545.jpg

RCAF also conducts fishery, environmental and smuggling patrols via the CP-140. I don’t know how the various ministries agencies including Transport, Fisheries,  and Coast Guard decide who does what but they all seem to have some overlap 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2023 at 4:19 PM, Dougie93 said:

BS, it will all be in Trenton, the RCAF won't have budget for a "western base", that's just blah blah blah

your argument is flawed by the assertion that Canada "needs" any particular military capabilities

everything is optional when you are unmartial imbecilic Canada

You’re just a disgruntled citizen who will invent an excuse to criticize anything and everything the government does especially if it’s a Liberal government. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do other nations have bright red planes that say "SURVEILLANCE" on them? 

Honest to God that looks like something from an episode of Trailer Park Boys. 

All of a sudden I wanna get a pilot's license, a plane, paint it red, and write "Surveillance" on the bottom of it. 

I'll just be laughing my ass off thinking about all the people burning down their marijuana crops and destroying all kinds of other evidence as I fly overhead. 

Yes. It’s not meant to be covert, it’s meant to be a visible presence. It’s conducted by TRANSPORT CANADA, not military or law enforcement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

You’re just a disgruntled citizen who will invent an excuse to criticize anything and everything the government does especially if it’s a Liberal government. 

you're just a TruAnon cult member suffering from typical Canadian delusions of grandeur syndrome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the F-35 carries as much internal fuel ( 18,500 lbs ) as a 4th gen fighter with three external tanks

however, since America actually defends the Continent to include Canada

there is no requirement for F-35's never mind tankers to refuel them

like New Zealand, Canada could very easily operate without any fighters at all

the Army does the fighting for Canada, the CF is an expeditionary infantry force

stop starving the Army of resources to pay for Justin Trudeau's flying limousine service

cannot simply does not need an Air Force One

nor can Canada actually afford one, considering how much Canada pays for overhead

a330-mrtt-canada-canadian-2.png

The Army has to get there somehow. 

I agree that we don't need a CanForce 1 for VIP travel. The RAF Voyager fitted for VIP use is also a tanker. The King and PM use it, the rest of the Royals fly commercial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

RCAF also conducts fishery, environmental and smuggling patrols via the CP-140. I don’t know how the various ministries agencies including Transport, Fisheries,  and Coast Guard decide who does what but they all seem to have some overlap 

you've convinced me that Canada does not need CP-140 never mind P-8

Canada is not serious about fulfilling its military obligations

and Canada is never going to get serious about its military obligations

so it is a complete waste of scarce resources for Canada to operate any combat aircraft at all

this isn't really the RCAF anyways, the RCAF was disbanded in 1968

this is only the Liberals post amalgamation Air Command

said Air Command does not need to pretend to be an air force

it is merely an "air service", requiring only some tactical helicopters and perhaps C-130

this is the trajectory in any case

the amalgamated "CAF" has already collapsed down to an armed constabulary rather than a military

stop throwing good money after bad and just get on with it already

return the money to the taxpayer, or spend the money on the failing socialist public healthcare debacle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The Army has to get there somehow.

commercial air transport to the theatre, then dismount and get on buses

which is how the army always deploys

the CAF is not capable of conducting a forced entry operation into any theatre

Just now, BeaverFever said:

I call BS. Royalty are symbolic figureheads who have no say over budgets or government policy and don’t express political opinions publicly 

let the RAF provide their VVIP lift

Canada will pay AIrTanker Ltd which operates the MRTT as a contracted service

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2023 at 3:47 AM, Dougie93 said:

Justin Trudeau's flying limousine should not be the priority

Its absolutely dishonest and inaccurate to call the MRTT fleet that. JT likely won’t even be PM when the aircraft are delivered. Your obsession with trolling Trudeau means you support defunding core strategic capabilities just ‘pwn the libs.” Get real 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Its absolutely dishonest and inaccurate to call the MRTT fleet that. JT likely won’t even be PM when the aircraft are delivered. Your obsession with trolling Trudeau means you support defunding core strategic capabilities just ‘pwn the libs.” Get real 

oh JT is quite confident that he is going to persist past 2025

Canada is easily dominated by the TruAnon cult of the personality

enabled by its own state media propaganda apparatus

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

We only have 5 Polaris. What are they planning that will make 9 of these new aircraft necessary? Dougie93 has a point.

the reason is that Trudeau needs a rubric under which he can buy himself an "Air Force One"

so he can arrive in style at the Globalist events he cavorts about to

the RAAF only has 7 MRTT's for a larger more capable air force

but the Australian PM only flies in a modest B737

raaf-vip-transport.jpg

as if the Woke Liberals really care at all about "strategic airlift"

this is all about the TruAnon cult and its penchant for self aggrandizement

Justin Nero fiddles while the Confederation burns 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Australia has 7 MRTT's and a fighter force of 118 aircraft vs our 88 F-35's

who says Canada is even getting 88 F-35's ?

that number has a lot of room to be trimmed down

if F-35 doesn't get cancelled altogether once the government spirals into a debt crisis

more likely Canada will end up with 40 F-35's at most

the minimum requirement to field two squadrons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...