Canada's high level of immigration.

12 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Only a couple of decades ago many gays in Montreal were murdered just because they were gay.

Yesterday in vancouver a hetero tourist was shanked.

three years ago dozens of churches were burned across canada.

Reports of violence against jews is way up.

Lets get it straight right now (pardon the pun) - people will ALWAYS be prejudiced against for something that makes them different.  IF they're fat, the colour of thier skin, if they're a 'ginger',  How they dress, their sexual preferences, their accent or weaker language skills, if they're very weak, if they're very strong, if they are an introvert or an extrovert - if they're a "slut" or if they're 'frigid'.

That's life - deal with it.  So the question is, are gays picked on particularly or are they unprotected by law?  The answer is no.  They are not. They've got it pretty good, better than many, and so they should. 

Which makes their recent efforts to demand MORE rights and pressure people about their children more baffling. THey'll be stirring up hatred not reducing it.

As for rights, the right not to be sworn at

Nobody has that right.  Sorry.  Everyone else gets sworn at all the time. Sometimes by gays :)  if you want MORE rights than other people have then you'll face pushback and hatred. 

Edited by CdnFox

13 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Thats not a right.

Cops would be arresting dozens per hour, if having feelings hurt now meant a prison sentence. Mind you, misgendering laws sort of would be the opening of that pandoras box.

At that pace calling a cop a pig, would be deemed a hate crime to both the officer and the demeaning word to the animal you took it from.

18 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Only a couple of decades ago many gays in Montreal were murdered just because they were gay.

Not to be insensitive, but a lunatic shooting up a group of gay people, or black people don't signify their lives statistically being in danger.

Thats playing politics.

If it were fact, I would move, as I tend to ring of gay radars as am not fully gender conforming.

A gay clerk misconstrued my shopping for candles after my work in a scented candle store, and complimenting him on how one smelled, as an open season on getting my phone number o_O

I wasn't in on the memo it was the wife that was supposed to do this, or drink alcoholic beverages from a beer bottle. I prefer straws and mixed drinks.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes, if you were speaking factual risks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

A gay clerk misconstrued my shopping for candles after my work in a scented candle store, and complimenting him on how one smelled, as an open season on getting my phone number o_O

Haha, welcome to how the other half lives, eh?

On 7/14/2023 at 9:15 PM, August1991 said:

Gimme a break.

The reason for high rents is because land prices are high. And why are land prices high?

I was recently in Portland Oregon. City regulations of land use are totally f*-up.

In Montreal, our land regulations are better but not perfect.

And In Montreal, you have fewer immigrants. Because in Quebec, your government controls immigration and doesn't want very many. And it screens the ones it does take and demands they integrate as quickly as possible.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:21 PM, August1991 said:

Disagree very strongly.

Imagine the cost to Canada of a child born here. (Birth, primary education etc... )

Now, what is the cost to us of a person at age 18 who steps off the plane?

Great argument! We'll triple Quebec's share of immigrants!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:21 PM, carepov said:

Overall, the country is much better off with immigrants.

Why?

On 7/14/2023 at 11:56 PM, August1991 said:

Exactly.

It's called NIMBY.

Kind of like Quebec politicians at the federal level being enthusiastic about sky-high immigration - as long as most of the immigrants stay the hell away from Quebec, right? Wouldn't want your 'culture' to be endangered.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:10 AM, Perspektiv said:

Correct. Skilled immigrants however, are desperately needed.

No, they actually aren't. According to Statistics Canada the only real shortage is in unskilled workers and a few specific areas like healthcare (caused by poor government planning). 

But also, many of which will plug holes in minimum wage jobs fewer canadians are wanting to do.

Preventing employers from having to raise wages, thus keeping them at minimum wage so that Canadians won't want to do them.

A smarter approach would be looking at market needs, and facilitating the immigrating of the high skilled immigrants who met those requirements, all while continuing the standard immigration programs along with refugee programs for displaced families.

All but skilled immigration should be halted. Most refugees are just economic migrants and should be turned away at hte borders.

Canadians love immigrants, as a general consensus.

The progressive Canadian media love immigrants. As do politicians.

22 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Interesting that no one responded on cultural consequences and overwhelmed health care due to high level of immigration.

It is against the rules set by the media, politicians and academics to ever speak of Canada having a culture except with disgust and contempt for our evil past. If you mention anything about our culture, traditions or history with approval you must be a white supremacist nazi xenophobe and probably worship Satan. You think I joke? Just ask that imbecilic twat who calls himself Herbie. 

22 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I am not so sure there will be that much in the likes of cultural changes. Canada is already an incredibly multicultural society. 

I was reading a post by a guy who'd immigrated here from India twenty years ago on another forum. He had lived in Brampton but had decided to move. He said Brampton no longer felt like it was a part of Canada anymore. How many other parts of Canada now resemble other areas of the world, and how many more will in future as Trudeau continues to increase immigration with brainless zeal?

So what of Canada's own homegrown culture? It's values, traditions, culture and history?

20 hours ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

have a suggestion. Try what I have done. Try to not be a bigot. 

Here's my suggestion for you. If you smack your pointy head a few times you might shake some cobwebs loose from your decaying brain and get it to function again to at least the level where you could carry on an intelligent conversation that didn't emphasize your moralizing and virtue signalling.

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Like a lot of people who claim to be on the right, pointing out their culture, dress and religion rather than their skin colour does not make one less of a racist.

Like a lot of people who claim to be on the left, you are obsessed with white knighting the culture, dress and religion of foreigners even while you pour scorn and contempt on Canada's.

14 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

A black guy swore at me last week. Should he be in prison for that?

The people who suffer most from immigration are the poor. They're the ones who are increasingly finding it impossible to pay rent even as their wages are frozen due to wave after wave of immigrants and foreign workers. The Left used to be concerned with the plight of the poor and the blue-collar worker. Now it spits on them, utterly enthralled with its devotion to diversity, equity, and inclusion to the point any amount of immigration - as long as it continues to be largely non-white - is a wonderful thing and not to be opposed.

56 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Why?

Well, the unspoken parts, like you won't find a Canadian willing to pick watermelon all day, in sweltering hot weather.

This is a major oversight from the Trump administration. 

Many farmers started to complain about the obvious.

All American hired staff would just complain all day. Quit the next.

Illegal migrants just did the job, understanding they had a family to feed. There was little to complain about as at least they were far from the persecution back home. 

Also, the skilled labor you could get to fill growing voids in the workforce if we had competent leadership.

48 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Here's my suggestion for you. If you smack your pointy head a few times you might shake some cobwebs loose from your decaying brain and get it to function again to at least the level where you could carry on an intelligent conversation that didn't emphasize your moralizing and virtue signalling.

WOW, even on a Sunday you are angry. I tell ya what,  you stay angry and lash out like you just did, and I will live my peaceful, less stressed and less bigoted life. Deal?

52 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

is in unskilled workers and a few specific areas like healthcare (caused by poor government planning). 

So, basically they are needed o_O

53 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Preventing employers from having to raise wages

Why would I pay a Canadian 36$ an hour, for a job that pays 20$ an hour on the competitive end of the pay scale, because a bunch of slacktivists are so entitled, they would rather stay at home unemployed than work a job they feel they deserve, at a wage they feel entitled to, with experience and skills they don't possess?

Why would I want to hire this headache, vs give an immigrant the high salary, and get a far better employee out of it?

Talk to hundreds of employers, and they will tell you the horror stories. Rude interviewees, non shows, all to pressure an employer to hire you at an overkill salary they can't afford (only to get a half performance, many calling in sick, and quitting with no notice), when the displayed behaviors wouldn't make one want to touch you with a 20 foot pole.

I don't know about you, but I try to make interviews enjoyable. People open up when at ease.

I also hire to ensure not only the skills are there,  but that they will mesh with the team.

Why would I hire someone, who clearly doesn't want to work for me, unless I paid them a king's random? I pay well above living wages. I don't care if you're a cleaner or whatever. 

I can increase my fees to make up for this. But for someone to come in knowing the average person gets paid 16$ an hour in this field (19$ on the high scale), yet am offering you 23$, and you're going to be rude during the interview because you want 38$ or bust?

Why would you apply for the position? Not only are you not a fit, you clearly can't read simple directions.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

All but skilled immigration should be halted

We are in full agreement here.

The progressive Canadian media love immigrants. As do politicians.

Have you had shawarma recently? Greek food? Chinese take out? Essentially anything outside of purely Canadian staples?

If you said yes, you love immigrants.

How many other parts of Canada now resemble other areas of the world

There is a high cost to virtue signaling. He sees the 500k immigrants per year, that show him as progressive.

Many of us see the homeless immigrants, hear about shelters that are littered with them, and low wage jobs that are the only option for many, who can barely afford to pay the price.

10 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

I will live my peaceful

I don't think there is a peaceful bone in you.

I can co exist with people I disagree with completely. You get triggered.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

So, basically they are needed o_O

Why would I pay a Canadian 36$ an hour, for a job that pays 20$ an hour on the competitive end of the pay scale, because a bunch of slacktivists are so entitled, they would rather stay at home unemployed than work a job they feel they deserve, at a wage they feel entitled to, with experience and skills they don't possess?

Why would I want to hire this headache, vs give an immigrant the high salary, and get a far better employee out of it?

Talk to hundreds of employers, and they will tell you the horror stories. Rude interviewees, non shows, all to pressure an employer to hire you at an overkill salary they can't afford (only to get a half performance, many calling in sick, and quitting with no notice), when the displayed behaviors wouldn't make one want to touch you with a 20 foot pole.

I don't know about you, but I try to make interviews enjoyable. People open up when at ease.

I also hire to ensure not only the skills are there,  but that they will mesh with the team.

Why would I hire someone, who clearly doesn't want to work for me, unless I paid them a king's random? I pay well above living wages. I don't care if you're a cleaner or whatever. 

I can increase my fees to make up for this. But for someone to come in knowing the average person gets paid 16$ an hour in this field (19$ on the high scale), yet am offering you 23$, and you're going to be rude during the interview because you want 38$ or bust?

Why would you apply for the position? Not only are you not a fit, you clearly can't read simple directions.

We are in full agreement here.

Have you had shawarma recently? Greek food? Chinese take out? Essentially anything outside of purely Canadian staples?

If you said yes, you love immigrants.

There is a high cost to virtue signaling. He sees the 500k immigrants per year, that show him as progressive.

Many of us see the homeless immigrants, hear about shelters that are littered with them, and low wage jobs that are the only option for many, who can barely afford to pay the price.

I don't think there is a peaceful bone in you.

I can co exist with people I disagree with completely. You get triggered.

LOL, that is cute, the triggered one trying to say I am triggered. You know I ONLY drop in here to mock the mor*ns who are the ones who truly are triggered. But I know this old trick, claim something about someone you are feeling yourself. I also told you, you could not let me go. You will continue, even when I am not around, to try to get my goat because I so thoroughly embarrassed and belittled you, you can now not get me off your mind. Cool. I love the attention. Keep it up buttercup. 

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Why?

To improve quality of life you need a growing economy.  Immigrants contribute to Canada's economy.  

Combine a growing economy with social programs/progressive taxation and you get:

"Canada’s overall poverty rate was estimated at 7.4% in 2021, up from 6.4% in 2020 and down from 14.5% in 2015."

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/news/2023/05/canadas-poverty-rate-remains-below-pre-pandemic-levels.html

Canada is indisputably one of the best countries in the world.  By many measures, including a more than halving poverty rate, life is getting better.

2 hours ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

I ONLY drop in here to mock the mor*ns

That's like a meth head sitting on the sidewalks near a homeless shelter telling a crack addict: "I only hang out here to mock you cracked out low lives". All while providing free fellatio for their next hit, on some: "at least I don't do it for MONEY!" like doing it at a discount was better o_O

Also, who would take interest with mocking people they deem as low IQ, with posts devoid of any form of logic, rational thought, substance or anything of the sort?

You're that person who parks 3 feet from the curb downtown, shaking their head at the parallel park job of the car behind you that is blocking the fire hydrant, as buses are forced to go onto incoming traffic to get past you.

Essentially, long story--work on your self awareness. You're one of us.

Now if you can pick apart my point with a better one then mock it without dismissing me as a lesser human (proving that you cannot), you have a point. No pressure.

claim something about someone you are feeling yourself. 

Like you calling me triggered and a m*ron, right? You really suck at this. 

because I so thoroughly embarrassed and belittled you

With a screen name like yours, I think my pride and ego are safe.

you can now not get me off your mind

The more you post, the more responding to you feels like I am not debating someone over 15. 

I will stop the personal stuff here. It is precisely what removes credibility from this website to being a solid political debate website.

Want to debate on topic, and leave the petty thoughts alone, will be here. If all you can do is insult, you have proven you don't belong.

Next.

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

I will stop the personal stuff here. It is precisely what removes credibility from this website to being a solid political debate website.

Sure sure, you participate in the dirt slinging then claim the high road. If you haven't noticed, this place is dying a slow death, and inhabited mostly by rightwing freaks. If you enjoy engage them, knock yourself out. When I drop in it is strictly for entertainment value since I can't remember the last time ANYONE here debated anything. The usual direction threads on here go are like this:

I think this or I believe that.

Response: Then you are a mor*n. 

Rebuttal: Yeah, you are a .......... fill in the blanks.

You won't believe me, but I don't care one way or another if you do or don't, I run a forum and am the chief moderator. I would be banning most of the regulars on here, including myself. How is that for irony? Then again, my forum is for respectful debate and discussions. This one isn't. So you can go back n forth with me all day long and then claim the high ground, but it is falling on deaf ears. Because you have and continue to be as insulting and lowbrow as anyone else here, including myself.

At least with me, it's all a farce and I treat it as such, while you take yourself seriously and make a mockery of your supposed "sincerity." 

1 hour ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

image.jpeg

ROFLMAO -  nothing says "you're living rent free in my head" quite like taking the time and effort to actually claim you're board with the time and effort this is taking :)   And with a meme no less ROFLMAO!!!

LOL - well kid you continue to amuse :)