What are your Most Controversial Opinions?

25 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

If talking Canada, is it the Canadian government that stole the land?

If talking the US

Is it the American government that stole the land?

And what's this "Stealing" business? The land is right there, where it always was.  And first nations have the same use of it as everyone else.

In most cases theives take something away and you don't get to have it anymore.  They don't say "i'll leave it here and you can have use of it as you see fit.

About all "canada" did is replace slaughering other tribes and people to control their land with having to buy it.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

They don't say "i'll leave it here and you can have use of it as you see fit.

And will waive taxes and provide you with financial incentives. 

Thats the thing when you keep giving people hand outs. The level of entitlement goes from justified to ridiculous.

Kind of like some US states feeling giving millions to each slave descendant is how you right the ship.

It literally s***s on Martin Luther Kings I have a dream speech.

Being judged by the content of your character. Not skin color.

Now, having a vagina and playing professional basketball entitles you to LeBron James pay.

Same logic that is turning society to s***, and more people into narssissitic brats who no longer feel the world owes them. Now they know it, as nobody dares to tell them any different.

59 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Thats the thing when you keep giving people hand outs. The level of entitlement goes from justified to ridiculous.

I always loved that line from "Fiddler on the roof"

Beggar - "Could you spare some change sir!"

Butcher - " Of course, here's a sheckle."

Beggar - "But last week you gave me TWO sheckles?"

Butcher - " Sales are down right now."

Beggar -  " So *I* should suffer just because YOU had a bad week?!?"

(laughter).

The entitlement of those who receive charity can be legendary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Beggar -  " So *I* should suffer just because YOU had a bad week?!?"

I will just laugh at seeing an entitled homeless person. 

To me, thats like an insanely woke employee that is incompetent at their job, trying to tell a business owner how to run their business, or worse, picking everyone apart and being unable to self correct their own path.

I still remember getting one who asked me for change.

I open my wallet. Hand him about 3 to 4$ in loonies and toonies. 

As am closing it, he reaches in towards it, which already quickly has me stepping back defensively. He then points at the wallet and tells me he saw a 20 dollar bill in there. 

I confirmed and said I needed it. He wanted to know what for, as if I was a donation booth all of a sudden.

He approaches, so then took a fighting stance. Now he wants me to chill as I somehow misconstrued his intentions to rob me or intimidate me. 

But was the entitlement to my 20. I luckily kept my cool, as unfortunately will slap someone like this and demand my money back.

Nothing makes me cringe more.

Had another at a McDonald's self checkout screen.

I am finalizing my order, when am about to plug in my PIN for my debit card.

I am jolted by a homeless woman, who literally wedges herself between me and the screen, and starts pointing at the menu:

"I will have a big mac, a fry, and need two...."

Am just staring at her in disbelief.

"I'll buy you a drink if you'd like..."

She insists on her order, as is on some: "didn't you hear me. I saaaaid..."

I continue my order, pay and walk past her and her "WTF?!" glare.

This is what you create, when you create dependent constituents.

• 2 months later...

The Residential Schools outrage over the past 2 years is extremely overblown.

There was no actual evidence of mass graves. The RCMP weren't even allowed to investigate.

It's clear that a lot of activists are extremely interested into turning this thing into the Canadian Shoah as a means to make people hate our own history.

Not saying that residential schools were good, but the real lesson should be to not entrust government with raising your kids. Parents are best for that.

• 4 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 7:22 PM, Perspektiv said:

We all have them. Some more than others.

Opinions you wouldn't make public typically, but hold them quite close to your heart.

What are your most controversial opinions?

I think businesses should be free to decide who they will serve or do business with. It's not the govts job to mandate that. 

58 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

I think businesses should be free to decide who they will serve or do business with. It's not the govts job to mandate that. 

Thats a good one.  The challenge is that in canada for example it's common to see oligopolies in some sectors and that might mean someone can't get service but someone else can't really start up a competitive business to serve the market being denied.  so there'd have to be some sort of provision for that

32 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Thats a good one.  The challenge is that in canada for example it's common to see oligopolies in some sectors and that might mean someone can't get service but someone else can't really start up a competitive business to serve the market being denied.  so there'd have to be some sort of provision for that

Why? In Chicago Wal Mart left town because of theft and danger to employees. Apparently lots of people were complaining that was the only place they could get groceries and was no longer there. They refered to this situation as a "food desert". The mayor wanted to start a govt grocery store. 

Why should a provision be made? The govt has a duty to protect it's citizens and the govt failed. There wouldnt be a need for provision if the govt did it's job and prosecuted crimes. 

Should the govt be able to demand how much a business charges for it's goods and services? They also shouldn't restrict smoking or require businesses to be handicapped accessible. 

Edited by Yakuda

4 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Why? In Chicago Wal Mart left town because of theft and danger to employees. Apparently lots of people were complaining that was the only place they could get groceries and was no longer there. They refered to this situation as a "food desert". The mayor wanted to start a govt grocery store. 

Why should a provision be made? The govt has a duty to protect it's citizens and the govt failed. There wouldnt be a need for provision if the govt did it's job and prosecuted crimes. 

Should the govt be able to demand how much a business charges for it's goods and services? They also shouldn't restrict smoking or require businesses to be handicapped accessible. 

Well that's a bit of a different situation than what i was describing.

Imagine if that wall mart had tied up all the food producers in that area and blocked any other store from opening.  So there's no competition.

Now - imagine they said 'we don't serve irish.'

the irish in that area now have no access to a food store and it's not reasonably possible for them to start up an 'irish welcome' food store in competition. 

Now that's more of a monopoly than an oligopoly but you get the idea.  Provisions would have to be made to prevent that kind of hold on the market preventing other competing businesses form opening.

THe people pay the same taxes that mostly pays for the roads and electrical grid and country structure and defense that the store benefits from and allows the store to exist in the first place - they either have a duty to serve the same product to all people or at least ensure that they can't prevent a competator from opening in the area to serve those they don't want to.

• 3 weeks later...