• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Geoff Prediction

CPC 159

BQ 60

LPC 59

NDP 30

I just like stirring up a little consitutional crisis ;).

That would be the greatest thing to ever happen to this country... :)

How would this result in a constitutional crisis?

A clear CPC majority is just that.

The Geoff Prediction

CPC 159

BQ 60

LPC 59

NDP 30

I just like stirring up a little consitutional crisis ;).

Nah, just the fact of a sepertist party being Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.

It happened in 1993...

It's too bad that MLW isn't offering any prizes for the closest predictions.

Mark Steyn is, so, if you feel good about your guesses, try his site. Even if you feel a little shaky give it a go, it's free. And the prizes are great, I can't wait to win one, or all six if I'm lucky.

http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=64

Good luck!

PS: Mark Steyn now has a column in the new revamped MacLeans magazine ... grab a subscription! (No I don't get a commission).

PS: Mark Steyn now has a column in the new revamped MacLeans magazine ... grab a subscription! (No I don't get a commission).

I have just subscribed for one full year. It cost me $41 and change, which works out to 79 cents per issue, and MacLean's even threw a bunch of extra perks in on top of the 52 issues I will receive. At a magazine stand I'd have to shell out $4.95 per issue.

That's the deal of a lifetime, IMO.

Of all the predictions gathered here so far, here are the ones that, as far as I figure, actually have a chance of winning:

1 - Geoffrey ............. 159

2 - Biblio Bibuli ........ 156

3 - Willy ................... 155

4 - Canuk E Stan ...... 141 (including 2 from Quebec)

5 - Betsy .................. 140

6 - Slavik44 .............. 136

Just thought I'd let you know.

Of all the predictions gathered here so far, here are the ones that, as far as I figure, actually have a chance of winning:

1 - Geoffrey ............. 159

2 - Biblio Bibuli ........ 156

3 - Willy ................... 155

4 - Canuk E Stan ...... 141 (including 2 from Quebec)

5 - Betsy .................. 140

6 - Slavik44 .............. 136

Just thought I'd let you know.

After watching tonight's debate I'm tempted to one up Geoffrey.

I'll think about it.

I'd like to add a twist to these predictions - I see one of two scenarios in the next 12 days - a Liberal collapse & a PC surge to a majority or holding about where we are.

Either way what follows is more interesting -

the long knives will come out -

Martin will resign and the Libs will be fight the old Martin/Cretin battles all over again as that little shit head from shawinigin is so bloody minded he'll be more interested in his ego than the Lib Party or the country.

Canadians will finally see how much corruption and waste there's been and how over taxed we've been, paying for all the lazy assed welchers in our society. Result :-

We just may eventually see an amalgamation of the Libs and the Dippers and become a 2 party country.

cheers

I'd like to add a twist to these predictions - I see one of two scenarios in the next 12 days - a Liberal collapse & a PC surge to a majority or holding about where we are.

I'm not sure a Conservative majority is likely under any circumstances... even in the darkest days of the Gomery Inquiry we says that the Liberals retained the support of around 30% of Canadians, and I'd assumed this was pretty much "rock bottom" for the Liberals. Even though they've run a historically inept campaign, I somehow can't convince myself that they'll be any lower on Jan 23 than they were back in April.

Either way what follows is more interesting -

the long knives will come out -

Martin will resign and the Libs will be fight the old Martin/Cretin battles all over again as that little shit head from shawinigin is so bloody minded he'll be more interested in his ego than the Lib Party or the country.

:D A man after my heart! :wub:

I completely agree that the aftermath of the Liberal implosion is going to be fascinating to watch.

-k

A very slim Conservative majority is possible, but not likely.

It is looking like the CPC will easily win the majority of seats *outside* Quebec. 130 of the 233 non-Quebec MPs is a very reasonable prediction at this point. Upwards of another 10 to 20 are possible, but not likely. Alas, the CPC has no chance at more than 5 or so seats in Quebec.

Liberal support dropped down to 28% in 1984. Which is basically the rock bottom you talked about.

Warren Kinsella said it best on George Stombopopadopalous' show last night. The Liberals need to tear the house down and start from scratch. The Liberal implosion will be great to watch if Martin tries to cling to power. What are the odds of that... ;)

I'm not sure a Conservative majority is likely under any circumstances... even in the darkest days of the Gomery Inquiry we says that the Liberals retained the support of around 30% of Canadians, and I'd assumed this was pretty much "rock bottom" for the Liberals. Even though they've run a historically inept campaign, I somehow can't convince myself that they'll be any lower on Jan 23 than they were back in April.

I completely agree that the aftermath of the Liberal implosion is going to be fascinating to watch.

-k

I agree that a PC majority is a pretty tall order. They're pretty much maxed out in the West with 70-80 out of 92. I doubt they can get more than 5-6 in Quebec or 10 out east.

Equals 80-90

Which means that they need 65 Ontario seats which will be a pretty tough nut to crack since the knuckleheads in Toronto get to choose 22 MP's.