Canada a bigger terrorist threat than Mexico...

Short Video Clip

US hoping for change in Canadian govt as Liberal Party is not taking terrorism seriously.

I wish Canadians could see that clip on our nightly news, just to wake us up as to how screwed up our southern neighbour really is.....

The Bush administration would like a change in our government because it would make it easier for them to rob and rape us... they do not understand anything else.

Many Canadians don't realize the type of pure CRAP that gets on American television and radio. This clip was from FOX and was pure drivel. Fox has no journalistic standards whatsoever. It is an embarrassing mouthpiece for the neocons.

This Richard Miniter called his book "Disinformation" and that title is probably the only accurate thing about this book.

His reasoning as to why Canada is such a danger is completely wrong. He contends that Canada is a far greater problem than Mexico when it comes to terror. The real danger comes from the US.

The US has over 8,000,00 undocumented illegals in their country, many but certainly not all from Mexico. The US department of Homeland Security has no idea who is in their counrty. The whole department is awash with Bush cronies who do not know how to do their jobs. We saw that after the flooding of New Orleans and the FEMA disaster.

During the audience participation segment of this interview, FOX had a plant in the audience who reminded us that a large number of the terrorists involved in 9/11 came across the border from Canada. Fox does this to get more ratings. The fact is that none of the 9/11 terrorists were from Canada and all were in the US legally, as we all know. Do Americans still not understand this?

The so called "War on Terror" will never end until Americans understand that it was decades their own bungled foreign policy and acts of terrorism that they perpetrated on other countries, particularly in the Middle East, that is the cause of any terrorist intent toward the West that may exist today.

The weak link in the chain is the US - not Canada or Mexico.

I think you covered every moonbat talking point out there.

Congratulations.  :lol:

Now go back to watching the state-run, taxpayer-funded, North Korea-style CBC.

You think just like an American. Ruffle up some feathers. Corner the animal. Torture it, propagana it, then when it BITES BACK, invade it's home claiming that it was gonna kill your way of life.

Just stop it.

Now this piece is interesting, but still pretty retarded. At least the nazi/commie left run CBC does not sensationalize every little bit out there. And tries to report the facts. If they do not report facts, I have no faith in any media and I will go on around me saying everything is fine.

I've noticed your constant raging at the USA. Why don't you go to Iraq and fight the US? There are already Canadians fighting there against the US. Why don't you join them?

Kill those animal American Nazis, saw their heads off. Shout Allah Akbar at the top of your lungs! ULULULUL!!

I'm sure Michael Moore would like to see some more Minute Men fighting those fascist baby-killing, blood-drinking rednecked US neocons.

And no, the CBC does not sensationalize anything. Nope. Not at all. :rolleyes:

However, I do agree with you on one thing: I am suspicious of the reporting of the MSM. Ever since I got the internet a few years ago, I can see how they lie, distort and mislead.

Eg, I saw Nightline the other day when that ABC a$$hole (not Ted Koppel--some other jerk--I forget his name) asked that roundtable of Iraqis, "Are things better with Saddam gone?"

When the entire panel said YES, he was incredulous!

Then one of the panel members (a reporter from one of the 175 newspapers now available in Iraq) mentioned that the American media only concentrates on the US soldiers killed and ignores the thousands of terrorists killed by US forces, the ABC guy smirked and said, "Yeah, we get those complaints back home all the time."

Like I have stated on this forum previously, the MSM is the enemy--with the exception of Fox News.

He mentioned the case of Ressam, who had been arrested in Canada three times before, and released.

He made no mention, of course, of WHAT he had been arrested for.

Jaywalking??? Running a red light???

If there was no indication of terror activities, then there would have been no reason, at that time, to hold him.

I also noticed that when a woman in the audience posed the question that rather than holding Mexico and Canada resposible for US security, that "Shouldn't we (the USA) be responsible for our own borders??", she was basicly blown off with a "Well, there you are", and the host quite quickly took his microphone elsewhere.

Apparently he doesn't like having to deal with dissenting opinions.

As for the "intelligence expert" cited here, I notice that his income seems to be from publishing books, not from being a member of the intelligence community.

Therefore, his "intelligence" work should be held suspect as his mandate is book sales, not security, and in the current political climate in the USA, anything published taking either a pro or anti-war stance is sure to bolster sales.

Publishing a book, or going on the air, saying that "everything is alright vis-a-vis Canada and Mexico" would hardly be good for sales now, would it???

i will never understand this liberal idea of, "she deserved it because of what she was wearing."

The United States is trying to prevent muslim extremism from expanding further than it already has. This type of terrorism has been a part of our lives for decades, yet we're blaming the United States for its effects?

Come on.

The only way the U.S. can protect their borders from us is to build a fence and guard it.  Then we'll be moaning at the effects on Canadian commerce.  It'll stop the terrorists we let into Canada from slipping into the U.S. though. :huh:

actually its both are faults. Canda's borde security is a joke and you know it. And in certain places so is the United States. Id hate to see a 2000 mile long fence seperating canda and the US, with armed guards patrolling it. Very Soviet Unionish if you ask me.

Short Video Clip

US hoping for change in Canadian govt as Liberal Party is not taking terrorism seriously.

Good video Burns.

While I do not agree with everything in it, I think it is generally correct. Immigration laws are lax in this country...hell, in Quebec it is easier to immigrate if you are from a French-speaking Arab country than if you are from Ireland or the states... :(

Now guess what city is a terrorist threat? :angry:

I think it is about time to wake up and realize there are al-Qaeda cells across this country, as well as in the States. We need to wake up and give out law enforcement agencies more power.

The only way the U.S. can protect their borders from us is to build a fence and guard it.  Then we'll be moaning at the effects on Canadian commerce.  It'll stop the terrorists we let into Canada from slipping into the U.S. though. :huh:

actually its both are faults. Canda's borde security is a joke and you know it. And in certain places so is the United States. Id hate to see a 2000 mile long fence seperating canda and the US, with armed guards patrolling it. Very Soviet Unionish if you ask me.

I wouldn't say Canada border guards are a joke at all...I think they do their job well.

My problem is that CSIS is terribly run, CBC talks about how all cultures 100% equal and the U.S. is big and mean, and successive Liberal government emphasize protectionism instead of working with the U.S. on many issues.

Look at it this way.  The U.S. border staff have a holster with a nasty lookin' gun.  The Canadian border staff actually have a holster for a nasty lookin' stamp. :lol:

I cross the border many times a year...you're right!!! :lol:

Look at it this way.  The U.S. border staff have a holster with a nasty lookin' gun.  The Canadian border staff actually have a holster for a nasty lookin' stamp. :lol:

I cross the border many times a year...you're right!!! :lol:

i used to go back and forth between detriot and windsor all the time with nothing more than "are you carrying any dangerous or biohazard materials or plants", i mean like a terrorist is gonna say "why yes sir, i infact have a 2 ton nuclear bomb in my trunk.

On a more serious note, I think the whole thing is just more Amerithink.

Some people on this message board complain about how often Canadians blame the States for any number of things.

That works both ways.

From softwood lumber to mad cow disease, the USA will, at the drop of a hat, point the finger of blame at Canada, if it is to the benefit, economic or otherwise, of the USA.

Another great example of this is the power outage a couple years ago.

Canada said it started in the USA.

The USA media were all saying it was Canada's fault that the eastern half of the continent was out of electricity.

And in the end???? It all started at a power station in Michigan, where the safety interlocks were faulty (or some such, it was, after all, a while ago).

So, of course, when a terrorist gets into the USA and causes a problem, the first tactic is to point at either Canada or Mexico and say "He must have come in through one of those countries because OUR border security is tight".

Well, here's a news flash, people; the only land borders the USA has are with Canada and Mexico.

If the USA's borders are so tight, then what other borders could they be speaking of other than the two mentioned above???

After all, I don't think there are a terribly huge number of border guards out wandering up and down both coastlines of the USA.

This is all just another way of one guy making money from a book by saying that the USA is wonderfully perfect in all things, and so these problems she is having must stem from another source.

This is a guaranteed way of making money because there is a segment of the American population that just loves to shell out money to read another article about how great they are.

The USA is indeed a great country, but no country, no people, and no individual person is perfect.

pocket i think your getting far to upset over this.  Any American with any kind of intelligence is going to realize that Canada is not resposible for letting all terrorist into the USofA (or into Canada).

I cross various Quebec-New York State borders approx. 12-15 times a year. Canadian customs are always more interested in alcohol/tobacco, etc., whereas the U.S. officials are more interested in food products (like beef) and the purpose of your trip.

The U.S. also makes sure if there are non-U.S./Canadians that they have a passport and a travelling visa if necessary.

The U.S. is less interested in tobacco/alcohol because, as they understand, the U.S. is less of a tax tax tax society and their personal exemptions are higher I think.

pocket i think your getting far to upset over this.  Any American with any kind of intelligence is going to realize that Canada is not resposible for letting all terrorist into the USofA (or into Canada).

I cross various Quebec-New York State borders approx. 12-15 times a year. Canadian customs are always more interested in alcohol/tobacco, etc., whereas the U.S. officials are more interested in food products (like beef) and the purpose of your trip.

The U.S. also makes sure if there are non-U.S./Canadians that they have a passport and a travelling visa if necessary.

The U.S. is less interested in tobacco/alcohol because, as they understand, the U.S. is less of a tax tax tax society and their personal exemptions are higher I think.

Also alcohol and tobacco aren't as deadly as al-Qaeda...

I sooooo beg to differ on that. How many people are killed in DUI related car accidents in North America each single year? How many people have cancer from smoking? Al-Queda has nothing on those two.

We are not responsible for secureing the border. The US is. IF they want to keep the assholes out, then let THEM take care of it. Yes that lady was shrugged right off. But no one seems to listen to common sense down there. But that is me. The Canadian Anti-American.

I sooooo beg to differ on that. How many people are killed in DUI related car accidents in North America each single year? How many people have cancer from smoking? Al-Queda has nothing on those two.

We are not responsible for secureing the border. The US is. IF they want to keep the assholes out, then let THEM take care of it. Yes that lady was shrugged right off. But no one seems to listen to common sense down there. But that is me. The Canadian Anti-American.

You must foster classy debate. Alcohol and tobacco are deadly...but not as much as al-Qaeda. They kill innocent people...you know what you are getting into if you drink in excess and smoke.

You must foster classy debate.  Alcohol and tobacco are deadly...but not as much as al-Qaeda.  They kill innocent people...you know what you are getting into if you drink in excess and smoke.
Innocent people are killed by drunk drivers all of the time. I don't have the stats but it would not surprise me if the number of innocent people killed by drunk drivers exeeds the number killed by terrorist attacks.

You must foster classy debate.  Alcohol and tobacco are deadly...but not as much as al-Qaeda.  They kill innocent people...you know what you are getting into if you drink in excess and smoke.
Innocent people are killed by drunk drivers all of the time. I don't have the stats but it would not surprise me if the number of innocent people killed by drunk drivers exeeds the number killed by terrorist attacks.

I am not saying you guys are wrong, all I am saying is I think we should worry much more about al-Qaeda entering our borders than cigarettes and whiskey...even guns moreson