we've only ever had to replace brake pads, headlight bulbs & batteries

Evo is the poor man's super car

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Sure, I am loyal to several brands.

Jack Daniels,

Gibson's Finest,

Johnny Walker, Red or Black

Glen You name it,

and a few others I can't recall right now.

the best Canadian whisky is Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye

but the king of whisky of course

is Lagavulin 16 Islay Single Malt

• Like 1

Marks hasn't had any Tall sizes in 5 years, I used to buy their WindRiver shirts.
Costco has like 3 or 4 men's clothes items at best.

I have no brand loyalty, they all seem to eventually turn to shit.

And I like the 32 score idea, though in 2023 I don't know any outfit that would earn more than a 1 for Customer Service. I'm such a pessimist in that field I am sure within a decade we'll be charged for using the self checkouts and there will be even longer lines to use them. They'll have some $1 a ton chemical they add to plastic bags to make them biodegradable and people will say they shop a X cuz they only charge $2 a bag and $2 to self checkout

I'm not sure if this makes me brand loyal, but I tend to stick to products that are high quality, and work. I have a high end LG television, and its the best flat screen TV I've purchased that was over 65".

My next TV would more than likely be it, but per the above--I will seek this brand first, but if I find a better TV from a different brand, I will buy it, instead. The loyalty from me, will be me seeking your product, first. On the name alone, isn't practical in my books. You can start building your product cheaper, and now I'm going to buy it and spend more while you spend far less on making it, and I buy it because your commercials are nicer? Yeah, no thanks. My loyalty is earned.

Phones, my last 6 or so, have been Samsung. They make really good phones. However, having been to China, I was introduced to flagships from Huawei that you just can't find in North America. I can see why. They're insanely good phones. More importantly, they're constantly innovating, because their market is insanely competitive so its critical for their survival. As a result, my travel phone, became a Huawei. I've kept my local phone, Samsung.

Once this phone runs its course, I will look at specifications, and if Samsung is still up there, will buy another. Otherwise, I will go with what is the best bang for the buck phone I can get my hands on. More than likely will be a Huawei, but the lone down side, is I would need to buy one in Shenzen or the markets in Hong Kong.

Same reason my last 3 laptops have been Acer.

Food wise, I tend to look at labels and will stick to it if the food tastes better. Brand will matter little.

I tend to have a penchant for Japanese cars (my current car is Japanese), as I find they're engineered exceptionally well, but likely will make my next one a European one. Again, I won't stick to the brand per se, but rather the design of the car, the functionality, performance all in one.

Coffee wise, I'm extremely loyal to Coffee Academics in Hong Kong. Every single time I go there, that's what I go for. Best coffee I've ever tasted in my entire life. I can't seem to find anything on their level in any place I travel to in north America.

It unfortunately was also where I was introduced to high end bubble tea.

J Co is another. The smell of freshly baked doughnuts in store as well as their flagship coffee, is something that is unrivaled by most cafe's I have seen. I tend to avoid their doughnuts, albeit insanely delicious and freshest I've ever tried, but I tend to seek this in the Philippines and neighboring countries, and tend to seek Bluebird coffee while in Thailand.

11 hours ago, herbie said:

Marks hasn't had any Tall sizes in 5 years, I used to buy their WindRiver shirts.
Costco has like 3 or 4 men's clothes items at best.

I have no brand loyalty, they all seem to eventually turn to shit.

And I like the 32 score idea, though in 2023 I don't know any outfit that would earn more than a 1 for Customer Service. I'm such a pessimist in that field I am sure within a decade we'll be charged for using the self checkouts and there will be even longer lines to use them. They'll have some $1 a ton chemical they add to plastic bags to make them biodegradable and people will say they shop a X cuz they only charge $2 a bag and $2 to self checkout

I can't remember the last time I wore something above the waist that wasn't Wind River.  Probably somebody's wedding.

They've stopped making the sweatshirts, and the long and short sleeve button up shirts have become "fitted". 

When my current stock wears out I'm going to be in trouble.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I am still quite loyal to McDonald's

I only ever go for breakfast and a coffee

the drive through can be completely jammed up

but still it only takes me 2 minutes to get through it

the employees at McDonald's are so fast, so polite, and the coffee is way better than Tim Horton's

Depends where you go. No doubt in the big cities they're well trained. Out here in hicksville the service can be rather shabby. But it's ok by us. The job- sucks

41 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Coffee wise, I'm extremely loyal to Coffee Academics in Hong Kong. Every single time I go there, that's what I go for. Best coffee I've ever tasted in my entire life.

Hopefully it's not that dreaded "Civet" coffee that came out of a cat's ass.

14 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Thanks for sharing, how about Japanese tea? did you have a chance to stop in Tokyo too, since you mentioned you traveled the area around? 

I will pass my judgment locally, when I travel, I am cheap, and use the hotels coffee: ?

• I despise Starbucks coffee. 
  • McDonald's I can tolerate it. 
  • Tim Hortons is my brand. 

Mobile order is the best, no waiting in line. 

I like Starbucks coffee.  It tastes better than the other two, and if you buy it at Costco, it's actually not that much more expensive.

Horton's dark roast I can tolerate.  McDonalds and A&W too.  Has to be really fresh though.

Hotels I take my own coffee.

Edited by bcsapper

12 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I like Starbucks coffee.  It tastes better than the other two, and if you buy it at Costco, it's actually not that much more expensive.

Costco raised the price on its Kirkland branded Starbucks espresso

so my wife switched to Lavazza espresso which is cheaper now

the Lavazza brand turns out to be much better in my Italian espresso machine, the Lavazza has much more crema

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Hopefully it's not that dreaded "Civet" coffee that came out of a cat's ass.

Heh, no. Mind you, I've tried quite a bit of foods around the world that have been on Fear Factor. I wouldn't try tiger poop coffee because I'm not paying through the nose to drink liquefied caffeinated feces.

11 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Thanks for posting it, how about Japanese tea?

Never tried it. I have only been to Toyko, never had a chance to explore Japan like I would have wanted to. Mind you, I love Japanese cuisine, and lucked out. Married a woman who cooks insanely good Asian food (specifically Filipino, Chinese and Korean food).

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Costco raised the price on its Kirkland branded Starbucks espresso

so my wife switched to Lavazza espresso which is cheaper now

the Lavazza brand turns out to be much better in my Italian espresso machine, the Lavazza has much more crema

Yeah, whenever we visit Costco we always come away with about ten pounds of coffee.  About half of it will be whatever Starbucks they have on hand at the moment, Winter, Summer, French Roast, etc, and the other half will be a random selection of the other brands.  Java Club, Lavazza, Kicking Horse, etc.

Then when I grind it I mix it up, looking for that perfect blend.

Edited by bcsapper

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, whenever we visit Costco we always come away with about ten pounds of coffee.  About half of it will be whatever Starbucks they have on hand at the moment, Winter, Summer, French Roast, etc, and the other half will be a random selection of the other brands.  Java Club, Lavazza, Kicking Horse, etc.

Then when I grind it I mix it up, looking for that perfect blend.

when you're making espresso it really comes down to technique

using an extra fine grinder, and then properly tamped

so I just go for the best priced esspresso

like I say tho, the Lavazza makes noticeably more crema than the Starbucks

so I'm quite impressed with the Lavazza actually

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

when you're making espresso it really comes down to technique

using an extra fine grinder, and then properly tamped

so I just go for the best priced esspresso

like I say tho, the Lavazza makes noticeably more crema than the Starbucks

so I'm quite impressed with the Lavazza actually

I keep promising myself an espresso maker.  I just use the pour over method.

Of course, I drink about a litre a day.