The Florida STOP WOKE ACT

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nothing personal ?  You just called BLM and Antifa racists and hooligans and said that they're my friends ?  You think that's not personal ?

I'm the voice of me.  You don't need to flatter me to say I speak for others.

I'm not a leftist, I'm conservative.  I believe in the founding institutions of democracy: centres of knowledge, the press and an informed public.

If you can discuss things without flying off and trying to dissect my personality, we can have some nice chats.

Michael, conservatives don't obsess over Donald Trump. You have this fixation on the man that is really unhealthy; it makes you look like a lib. You're not a lib, are you Michael? Because you certainly act like one. I'm down for "nice chats" but not when you're acting like a wokeness disciple. 

Is it possible for you to step away from what seems like a daily ritual of Trump bashing? The man isn't even President anymore, for Godssake. 

Where do you stand with Biden? 

Edited by Deluge

2 minutes ago, Deluge said:

1. Michael, conservatives don't obsess over Donald Trump. You have this fixation on the man that is really unhealthy;

2. it makes you look like a lib. You're not a lib, are you Michael? Because you certainly act like one. I'm down for "nice chats" but not when you're acting like a wokeness disciple. 

3. Is it possible for you to step away from what seems like a daily ritual of Trump bashing? The man isn't even President anymore, for Godssake. 

4. Where do you stand with Biden? 

1. I have no idea why you would say that.  First of all you're new here - have you read my past posts or something ?  Because I don't post on him that much anymore.
2. You should be able to discuss issues with me on their merits/faults, without labelling me as anything at all - lib, woke, friend of Antifa, or even conservative.  If you can't then you're not open minded enough to fully enjoy the discussions here, IMO.
3. Hmmm.  I checked out my posts - I only even MENTION him every couple of days and in the last month I would only qualify one statement of mine as a 'bash' ("Trump has made history again: the first ex-game show host, twice-impeached and failed president to be nominated for Speaker." - pretty funny too IMO)
4. I think Biden is incompetent and a relic of a past age that needs to be swept away like all of these ancient calcified skeletons rattling around...

15 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Is it possible for you to step away from what seems like a daily ritual of Trump bashing? The man isn't even President anymore, for Godssake.

Excuse me for butting in here, but about 8 minutes ago I responded to a post of yours stating that the 2020 election was stolen, and proof is on the way!

Is it possible for you to step away from what seems like a daily ritual of election denial?  The man isn't even President anymore, for Godssake.

22 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Excuse me for butting in here, but about 8 minutes ago I responded to a post of yours stating that the 2020 election was stolen, and proof is on the way!

Is it possible for you to step away from what seems like a daily ritual of election denial?  The man isn't even President anymore, for Godssake.

OK, first of all, line up all the posts I've made in this forum that pertain directly to election fraud. I'm still fairly new, so it shouldn't take very long. 

Edited by Deluge

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

OK, first of all, line up all the posts I've made in this forum that pertain directly to election fraud. I'm still fairly new, so it shouldn't take very long. 

Why would I care?  You said stop talking about Trump at the very same time you were talking about Trump.

Exactly, why would you care? So why the stupid question? 

The question was perfectly reasonable, given your lack of focus.  I meant why would I care about your response.  

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I have no idea why you would say that.  First of all you're new here - have you read my past posts or something ?  Because I don't post on him that much anymore.
2. You should be able to discuss issues with me on their merits/faults, without labelling me as anything at all - lib, woke, friend of Antifa, or even conservative.  If you can't then you're not open minded enough to fully enjoy the discussions here, IMO.
3. Hmmm.  I checked out my posts - I only even MENTION him every couple of days and in the last month I would only qualify one statement of mine as a 'bash' ("Trump has made history again: the first ex-game show host, twice-impeached and failed president to be nominated for Speaker." - pretty funny too IMO)
4. I think Biden is incompetent and a relic of a past age that needs to be swept away like all of these ancient calcified skeletons rattling around...

I must have you mixed up with somebody else. My apologies for that. 

You DID say, however, that a Trump or DeSantis presidency would mean civil unrest or something to that effect, which is a shot at both of them. 

Do you believe that Biden is a man of peace and Donald Trump isn't? 

40 minutes ago, Deluge said:

1. I must have you mixed up with somebody else. My apologies for that. 

2. You DID say, however, that a Trump or DeSantis presidency would mean civil unrest or something to that effect, which is a shot at both of them. 

3. Do you believe that Biden is a man of peace and Donald Trump isn't? 

1. No need.
2. Deficits and culture war.  So yeah, I admit that's also a slam.
3. Absolutely not.

The language in the Act about feeling guilt is oddly leftist. It’s very difficult to prevent students feeling various emotions when dramatic incidents in history are accurately described. I’d like to see what the textbooks look like that satisfy such requirements and whether they bear any relation to historical reality. 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:32 AM, Deluge said:

Michael, conservatives don't obsess over Donald Trump. You have this fixation on the man that is really unhealthy; it makes you look like a lib. You're not a lib, are you Michael? Because you certainly act like one. I'm down for "nice chats" but not when you're acting like a wokeness disciple. 

Where do you stand with Biden? 

When Michael first suggested he was a conservative, I reminded him of that link about human caused climate change, which pretty much revokes his secret conservative decoder ring. Since then, he continually calls me a troll.

Some people are so childish.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 6:31 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Apparently the reasons for the Black History course being banned by DeSantis aren't clear.

Those are not black history courses. They are racist political screeds. I pointed this out at the beginning of this thread.. To bring up you to speed with the rest of the class:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/ron-desantis-defends-fla-rejection-of-woke-black-history-course/

He claimed that elements of the course were permeated with “radical” political perspectives that failed to capture the spectrum of black public opinion on several issues, including criminal justice.

DeSantis highlighted course materials that he said advocated for the abolition of prisons. “It’s not fair that to say that somehow abolishing prisons is somehow linked to black experience, that’s what black people want,” he said. “I don’t think that’s true at all. I think they want law and order, just like everyone else wants law and order.”

Did you even know this "abolish prisons" item was in those studies? Do you somehow think abolishing prisons is a legitimate item in a HISTORY course?

These are the courses the Governor of Florida does NOT want Florida taxpayers to have to pay for.

Florida education officials said the course violated state law.

This isn't history. It's politics. If the goose steppers wanted to present this stuff for political science then they should have lined up and competed for the space. Suggesting this pap is somehow HISTORY is as insulting to modern blacks as the minstrel show.

Tell me again how black history is somehow served by BLACK QUEER STUDIES.

(Not a personal opinion. It's on the syllabus.)

Edited by reason10

On 1/24/2023 at 1:16 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. No need.
2. Deficits and culture war.  So yeah, I admit that's also a slam.
3. Absolutely not.

So far, we are TRILLIONS in deficit thanks to the Unelect racist pedophile. Inflation is through the roof. This week I saw gasoline prices jump 40 cents a gallon.

All Republican presidents COMBINED didn't saddle America with the crippling INFLATIONARY debt Unelected Joe gave us.

Oh, and the WORST culture wars have been foisted on us by KKKlinton, Obama and Unelected Joe.

During the Trump years, people didn't have time for that crap. The economy was expanding, gas prices were low and manufacturing jobs were coming back from the far east. We were too busy having a life.

It took TYPHOID BIDEN to totally destroy the economy and turn races against each other. He is truly the most despicable man ever to soil the Oval Office.

Edited by reason10

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

When Michael first suggested he was a conservative, I reminded him of that link about human caused climate change, which pretty much revokes his secret conservative decoder ring. Since then, he continually calls me a troll.

Some people are so childish.

Michael is trying to normalize woke behavior - he does this by trying to shift the center to the left in hopes of shifting the right more to the left as well. 

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

When it continues to hire racist losers like Don Lemon, it's not pulling its head out of anything.

What I'm saying is that their new chief is looking to get away from the partisan bs and get back to more "nuts and bolts" of journalism. We'll see how that all shakes out. 

What I'm saying is that their new chief is looking to get away from the partisan bs and get back to more "nuts and bolts" of journalism. We'll see how that all shakes out. 

I'm not holding my breath. The on-air talking heads don't seem to think there is anything wrong with their BS. Unlike Twitter, (who fired a BUNCH of dead wood) I don't know how a new boss at CNN would be able to solve the  problem without running into a shit load of contract litigation.